Thread: Houston girls.. opinions please

Houston girls.. opinions please

Hi all!

I am seriously considering a move to Houston. I am currently in Kentucky, where the community climate is generally neutral. But, I have developed a nice, comfy little friends/support network that keeps me sane. The one major obstacle to this move can be solved by a serious and honest answer to the following question:

What is the climate in Houston toward CD/TV/TS's?? General question, general answers.

Randi

I have never been there but a dear CD friend with whom I would go out dressed here in San Francisco lives there. She goes out regularly to the LGBT friendly area to some nice restaurants and super fancy clubs. They have a pretty active night life there and she has made some good local friends. Not sure what it is like in other areas of the city. You will probably get a few replies from some of the Houstonettes who are members here.

Audrey Michelle's SO
    Do a little research for the Montrose area. I just moved back to Dallas after living in Houston for almost 8 years. I visited Montrose because it was a trendy fun area, but never with my husband dressed. He was always drab and we only went shopping and eating, so I don't know what the feeling is for being TG, nor do I know the bar scene. I am sure a little Google-ing will find something for you! Good luck!

Hey Randi,

As someone who has lived here most of my life, the Houston community is VERY accepting, especially in the Montrose area. In fact it is the people I have met here who have encouraged me to be my true self. There are quite a few awesome bars who are very TG friendly. You don't have to be ashamed of who you are here...promise

Stasia
    "Just a small town girl...living in a lonely world"

I must agree with ErinsWife Stasia, the Houston community is very friendly, and the Montrose area is definitely CD friendly. I have lived here in the Houston area since 1997 and although I have not been out dressed in quite some time due to work constraints, I can say that it is actually a rarity to find any major issues while out en femme.
    Someone once told me "Put on Your big girl panties and deal with it". If they only knew, I WAS ALREADY WEARING THEM.

I wear the bras and panties so my wife doesn't have to.

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

I live about 30 miles north of downtown Houston and I've been out dressed shopping just about everywhere and have never had an issue except for an occasional stare. I'm not a big club girl but if that is your thing there is a group of Tgirls who regularly go out to dinner and dancing 1-2 times a month. Lastly there is an active Tri Ess chapter here in Houston as well.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jillian Faith View Post
    I live about 30 miles north of downtown Houston and I've been out dressed shopping just about everywhere and have never had an issue except for an occasional stare. I'm not a big club girl but if that is your thing there is a group of Tgirls who regularly go out to dinner and dancing 1-2 times a month. Lastly there is an active Tri Ess chapter here in Houston as well.
    I think jillian and I are neighbors! Her experiences mirror mine. Even in our quiet residential neighbirhood I can take a walk without any adverese reactions.

One thing you shroud know is that its awfully hot and humid for much of the year. Foundation garments can get very uncomfortable Ianthe heat and your wardrobe choice diminish as the temps rise!

Audrey Michelle's SO
    Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    One thing you shroud know is that its awfully hot and humid for much of the year. Foundation garments can get very uncomfortable Ianthe heat and your wardrobe choice diminish as the temps rise!
    Yes! I didn't even think about that! I was hot and sticky in shorts and a tank top! I could just imagine trying to wear padding!! Also, if it isn't hot and sticky, then it's hot and rainy! Your body adjusts to the humidity after a while, but you still feel it.

I have had so much luck with my Dallas Meetup group. So I checked and there is one in Houston, who would have thought that Texas would be so TG friendly?
    http://www.meetup.com/Houston-Transgender-Group/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Houston has a strong focal point for its CD community. She is Vanity Wilde, owner and proprietor of Vanity Transformations at http://www.vanitytransformations.com/. She sells gear and does first class makeovers. She holds free socials at her studio each Wednesday evening and throws lavish parties a few times per year.

There is a Yahoo Group you might want to look at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Transg...tonCovergirls/. They have a social outing once per month that draws 6-12 people. I've never been, but there are plenty of photos on the Yahoo Group.

I've never had problems getting services for nails, hair, facials, makeovers (there's a MAC at the Galleria and MAC counters at the malls all over town). Never hassled, always treated with respect. Been out and about to shopping venues and restaurants, never a problem. Got flagged down by a cop for an illegal left turn while gorgeous (my worst nightmare) and he went about his business with no reference whatsoever to the situation.

You never know how much of the tolerance is passing and how much is good manners, but I've never, not once, had an issue. Hugs, Michelle

Do you have to RSVP for the socials at Vanities! Or can you just show up?

Just show up, no RSVP required :-)

you actually want to move to texas from kentucky? Kentucky really is a beautiful place for the time that I stayed there, I don't think texas compare but maybe I am biased.
    FB profile, always need more friends. http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002715523614