Thread: Clubs/bars in Sarasota????

Clubs/bars in Sarasota????

Hi girls
    does anyone know of any good TV friendly bars or clubs in Sarasota? I am going up there for a long weekend soon, and would love to go hang out somewhere and have a good time!!

Hi Rachael: It's been a few years since I was in Sarasota so I don't know if it is still there but the main LGBT bar there is a place called Club Tri-anlges. That is the only one that I knew of in Sarasota proper. If you are willing to travel a bit there are plenty of places in Tampa, mainly in the Ybor City area and if you are willing to trek down I-4 for an hour or so there are lots of places in Orlando as well.

Rachael, guessing you are in Naples. About the same distance to Sarasota from you, you could trek East to the Ft. Lauderdale area to Wilton Manors. It's a primarily gay area with quite a few TV friendly bars and lounges.

Everybody I know from down that way tells me it sucks! Not that we represent TG heaven, but they all seem to come up here to St. Pete and Tampa, and think it's better.

If you can do the same, I'll give you a starting point. Look up The Flamingo Resort in St. Pete. Can't guarantee The Gurls will be there on any given night, but you can usually have some luck on a Saturday. Now do The Same for Georgie's Alibi, and The L Train.

You might want to try and join a Yahoo Group called Tampa Bay Femme Follies. There's often a lively message Board that our gals use to connect for gatherings. And, now you have a start. Be thinkin' about heading North and over The Skyway. My Support Group meets this Saturday Night. If you want to learn more, PM me, after you get up to 10 messages.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Faster to drive East across the swamp to Lauderdale,like Soriya suggested. You can go about anywhere over here...including the beach!