Thread: Busted

Busted

Hey ladies...long time lurker but i had to share a story. I don't wear a wig or makeup when I dress, my family situation doesn't allow to me to be very feminine. I do like to go for walks in a local park, it has a lot of trails that are off the beaten path. Monday i went for a walk wearing a pretty dress and rounded a corner and ran into a lady that works at the same place i do. She asked teasingly what I was doing and I kind of stammered through it.

An hour later I called her and asked if I could come talk, we had a good talk she swore she wouldn't tell and was mainly worried that I would feel weird around her. I told her no, I was just worried she woudl spread it around.

Oh dear! That sounds like a unimaginably awkward conversation. She sounds open and sympathetic though which is good? If you trust her there shouldn't be any concern though, maybe even a way of making a close friend

Try getting busted for public intoxication while wearing a dress and then being carted off for an overnight stay in the county clink. And then get bailed out and while sober, having to put the street clothes back on - consisting of the dress, a purse, and a pair of women's sandals. Then walking past visitors and across the street so attired to visit the bail bondsman.

That happened to me and when I call my wife to come get me she said she would be out there "as soon as I put my pants on".

The sky didn't fall and when I showed up at traffic court for the charge nothing was mentioned about my unusual attire at all.

Now when my wife watches Las Vegas Jailhouse and she sees a crossdresser there she says, "That's you John".

So you really don't have a whole lot to worry about!

John
    Last edited by JohnH; 04-18-2012 at 10:49 AM.
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

I have never been busted but my biggest fear when driving my car while dressed is getting pulled over. It finally happened last year. I politely handed the officer my drivers license and smiled. While he was looking at my license I pulled my wig off so I at lease resembled my DL picture. I told him I was on my way to a party and asked what I did wrong. He never blinked an eye. Just told me I had a tail light out and to make sure I got it fixed. He told me to have a nice day and be careful. So much for all my fears.

Life has it's ups and downs! So you might as well smile and move on! Best to you! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Do be careful, Sarah: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...nipeg-Manitoba

This may be an isolated event and I don't know what societal attitudes are towards men who wear dresses in your part of the world. But generally, people are more confused about this than a CDer who dresses to present fully and who is therefore under most people's radars.
    Reine

Thanks Ladies...she seemed very sympathetic and said that she was sorry that I saw her. Time will tell but I am not going to press the issue with her, hopefully it will just be our little secret

I'm glad she was understanding.

I was referring to strangers who might not take kindly to the notion of men wearing dresses. Did you read the article?
    Reine

i did, thank you for your concern...definitely something to be careful off

California Dreamin Michaelasfun's Avatar
    Oh, wow! Well, the upside is that she seems like a cool person at least, but the shock of that must have been something else..
    Michaela

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. - Rush

Platinum Member
    Well done. I know those first few seconds were traumatic for you but you were out in public. One has to accept the possibility of meeting someone you know. At least you met someone with some compassion and a sense of humorous. And it really was a good step to call and talk it over with her. She may prove to be a very good friend as time goes along.

That's an awkward situation! I try to avoid that sort of thing by going further from home.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    There is always the "I lost a bet" excuse.
    I was caught in a mini skirt once by a friend...I told him that since I always wanted my wife to wear a mini skirt that I made a bet with her that was a "sure thing". If I won, she had to wear a mini skirt for a day, if she won, she said I had to wear it. I told him that somehow, against all odds, she won. Oh darn! lol
    It pretty much worked like a charm...I am a bit more careful now; I don't think that story will work twice.
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

Aside from your actions not being the safest as has been mentioned, I would go back to a comment I recently made elsewhere...

[SIZE="3"]Dance with the devil and you will eventually get burned.[/SIZE]

Granted, I've danced plenty myself and have come out unscathed but you won't see me in a dress, with or without makeup, at a local park. That just defies common sense as far as I'm concerned. You are lucky that your secret is safe, for now.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Out without the ol makeup ??????? Devil Dancing she says ,,,LOL,,,LOL,,, Well you know your gonna get poped Like that ,,What were you thinking ,,, Cats out the bag now ,,,what time is the next excurtion ? Maybe she will go to ?
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

I have been out at a park after dark in a skirt, etc with my man head. I was so worried I would run into someone I know and I was worried I would run into trouble. I found walking early in the morning was better. Some of the other morning walkers saw me on several different days. I have since gone to stores in a skirt as a man. I even flew that way once. No one seems to care very much. I am in agreement that the urge to hide tempts us to go out on "safe" trips that are actually quite dangerous.