Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Housewife

Quote Originally Posted by Shananigans View Post
    I have never understood this aspect of CDing. Mainly, because the idea of my "good" clothes getting sweaty and smelling like cleaning products grosses me out. However, I'm all for whatever motivates people to actually clean. So, if dressing like a girl and cleaning because you are kind of sexist works for you...go for it...at least you're getting something done. But, just don't dress up like a pig and mess up the place to live up to whatever other stereotypes you enjoy lol. I think you are on to something... Lol I saw that people on this forum liked dressing up and cleaning/cooking...and, I will admit I was exploiting my SO's CDing a little bit when I tried to sell him on the idea. But, my SO's a pretty smart cookie too and saw right through my plan. But, my SO is more domestic than I am. He doesn't dress up to clean, but he holds down the fort well. In the end, it's a team effort to keep our ship running though.
    Hi Shannon! Thanks for the reply. Hey, for me it's old jeans, a old sleeveless top, flip-flops and whatever else you'd wear when cleaning (well I do put some makeup on). (Gawd, how do people vacuum and dust in heels and a dress, Mrs. Cleaver aside!) No, I'm not being exploited -- just doing my bit for the team. There IS something though .. for some reason I find a sweaty bra very sexy....

As to the stereotype, maybe that is the female part of me .. no more than the clothes, mannerisms, and desire to express my real self. In that case maybe it's ironic that all of our CD tendencies may be based in gender stereotypes!

Take care girl, it's good to hear from you!

Claire
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

I am in a similar situation and find it pretty difficult. My wife can pretty much only do laundry. I work 2 jobs and run a very small business. - guess life is what you make of it.

That reminds me--gotta go do the dishes.

i have done the cleaning around the house all my life.
    as a young boy with my oldest sister we "clean" house all dressed up on her panties and skirts.
    as an adult i allways enjoy cleaning and have everything in order.
    today my wife let me clean in just panties, bra and a blouse.
    what more can a girl ask for !!

Update

After much soul searching, and many conversations with my husband and a few others I have decided to pull the plug on my full time employment and work part time from home, which would allow me the freedom to spend more time with our children and pursue some of my other interests. I gave my employer 4 weeks notice and agreed to train my replacement as well as to be available to consult with should she need my help. I won't be starting from scratch as I already have a clientele for income tax, book keeping and credit counseling classes. I have to admit that I was a bit nervous when I decided to to leave my employer and go out on my own, but since I told him a calm has come over me that is turning into the excitement of starting a new adventure and being once more independent and self reliant as far as my business interests go. How hard can this be in comparison to transitioning? May 31st will actually be my last day. I have already turned in my company car ( the lease was up), handed over my files to my replacement, and I am basically just sitting here twiddling my thumbs waiting for the start of this new adventure. Wish me luck!

Kel
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Way to go, Kel. you will love self-employment. The freedom is so nice. Doing things your own way is wonderful. Start early, work late--you will do fine.

That's great, Kel! Good luck and enjoy!
    Reine

that is one of the condition on which my wife consented for my dressing. When i am fully dressed(i.e., when kids r away) i will be taking care of the house as a housewife. I do the kitchen work,cleaning, washing and even making the beds. She is trying to persuade me to change job, which permits to to work from home, so that she can take up a full time job, for which i am yet to agree

It sounds like a dream come true

Just getting my feet wet Marie-Elise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kellycan27 View Post
    How hard can this be in comparison to transitioning?
    I'm sorry, I thought you were a GG. Really? You were not born female? I'm serious.

Banned Read only
    Born in Quebec, lived most of life in small town Central Ontario.
    Myself, I get tired of hearing the common politically correct reply, housewife is sexist either can do housework.

Yeah sure that mindset is accurate in 2012, it was NOT the world Leslie was raised in though and he's not interested in apologising for his upbringing.

Mom was a classic housewife. Mom also laments not working.

My son has never seen a daycare. Just happens his father from being disabled was always present.

Leslie ended up gravitating to the role of housewife or housekeeper if you wish, partly from being the only neat freak in the house and partly because the day is long and if house work is all you CAN do, it's generally what you end up doing to kill time. He was never really happy with it.

Irks me a bit that my wife likely would make a typical man just fine. She has no wish to switch though.

My wife has too much in common with Al Bundy and annoyingly I am too much Peg.

I'm always whining about something. Something connected to housework. Something connected to my husband errr wife I mean. She's heard this before eh

Housework is just housework. If you are single, you get the pleasure of ALL of it of course.

Gold Member
    Good luck with the change Kel! Balancing kids and a part time job is no picnic either. I hope you enjoy it!

To the OP, I just can't ever say I want to do housework. I do a lot because I have to but if I could do none, you wouldn't have to tell me twice. It is work, plain and simple and it tends to be thankless which is what it makes it more of a chore. Work needs something to fulfill you like thanks or challenges. If you get nothing, it makes a day pretty dreary.

wishing on a star! Rebecca Star's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MandyGG View Post
    Oh, how I wish it were filled with maids outfits and which heels look best.
    Being a mum and taking care of children I don't doubt is a challenge at times but I'm sure it has its rewards too.

My take on the OP question was just as it read and within the context of this forum, "Male to Female Crossdressing". Given that it's likely a high % of posts will contain something about CDing be this maid outfits, heels etc...etc and possibly fantasies about being a "housewife" may also fall into this category too.

I don't think there was any sexist disrespect in it.
    Last edited by Rebecca Star; 05-18-2012 at 05:59 PM. Reason: typos
    ~ it's not how the world sees you but how you see yourself that counts ~
    free professional make-up tips and self help videos | free professional hair styling videos and tips

Make no mistake.. For me it's not about prancing around in my favorite frock and cleaning up after people. I love my job, and the Independence gained from being self sufficient. I make very good money, and have good benefits including company car, health insurance and expense account. I spent 5 years in college full time including summer school to get my degrees in accounting and economics and worked my way up from accountant to company controller in about 7 years. This is about our children and doing what I think best for them. Some may think it's sexist for the man to work and the woman to stay home cook,clean, and take care of the kids, but For us it's more a matter of practicality. When we first started discussing the possibility of my being a stay at home mom it wasn't because he thought i should, it was because I was working my full time job, working part time with my outside clientele plus keeping kids and home in order. In the end the decision was completely mine to make, and I made the decision that I thought was right.

Kel

Kel ... I hope he kicks in to help too? The house and kids are not just your responsibility?
    Reine

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    Kel ... I hope he kicks in to help too? The house and kids are not just your responsibility?
    He does. I work mornings and he works swing. He has the kids in the am. and I have them in the afternoon. And.. he picks up, does the breakfast dishes and takes care of the dogs. I am actually quite proud of him. He went from single to married to
    taking in and caring for 2 kids that are under 6 years old. Plus he helps me around the house on the weekends. He also ( when he's home) keeps the kids occupied when I am working in my home office. There is no division of who should do what, but rather who has the time or opportunity. I will have more time in the future, so it will just be easier on me.. and him. TBPO we could if I so desired afford a full time housekeeper and or nanny, but taking care of my family is something that I have always wanted to do. Who knows.. maybe in a couple of years I just might hire that full time housekeeper.

Kel

Audrey Michelle's SO
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca Star View Post
    Being a mum and taking care of children I don't doubt is a challenge at times but I'm sure it has its rewards too.

My take on the OP question was just as it read and within the context of this forum, "Male to Female Crossdressing". Given that it's likely a high % of posts will contain something about CDing be this maid outfits, heels etc...etc and possibly fantasies about being a "housewife" may also fall into this category too.

I don't think there was any sexist disrespect in it.
    The OP and I discussed it the day of the posts and we worked it all through. She is a sweetie and I take no offense to it anymore.
    Real Men (Among Others! ) Wear Panties