Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you picture yourself when your in your grand years?

Just a girl at heart too Kerigirl2009's Avatar

How do you picture yourself when your in your grand years?

This may have been asked before? How do you picture yourself when you reach an age where you can just reflect on your life and just who you are? I guess I am wondering if you picture your retirement years being referred to as a woman or as an older man who crossdresses and still keeps secrets.

I guess when I picture myself in my grand years or even great grand years I see myself presenting more as a woman. I can picture myself always as a woman wearing cute older lady clothes and all my stuff neatly in my purse. I can see myself in the backyard sith a sundress of sorts and a large hat providing shade while I work on a garden, watching the grandkids play in the yard or at the lake, making lunch for the grandkids. This seems like what I want to be more then the grumpy grandfather bickering in the garage about the damn weather.

I have some memories of most of the women usually with a smile on their face and typically the men with a look of disgust or unhappy with something that did not go right that day. I don't want to be that grumpy guy.

I have a very difficult time picturing me as an old man sitting on a bench feeding the birds or what have you, I don't ever see me as an older man, what does this mean for me, I am not sure. I think I want to be the happy older lady.

how about you????
    I wish I had the courage to just be myself and live my life how I want

I agree an if you look around at the older ladys they can get away with alot more cuz alot of your friends are not around an whos going to say something mean to an ol lady ? Genders kinda almost merge in later life, Look at older couples an compare they dress an look alot alike .
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

Out of the closet
    I turned back to look around
    And saw my whole life

my haiku ode to old age

Platinum Member

Getting Old Is Mandatory,Growing Up Is Optional !!!

Hi Keri, I'm just short of 70yrs.old and about 65yrs. of crossdressing.
    Things are pretty much the same for the last 20yrs
    The girls are married with ther own familys and I'm retired 3+yrs. now.

I dress two or three hours in the morning and in the evening my
    wife knows but just don't want to see it.

With my vast collection of clothes and shoes I can dress in any style or mode
    that suits me in the moment

Life is good and I'm happy.
    I'm not ready for support stockings and orthopedic shoes yet and don't need a walker either.
    Last edited by BLUE ORCHID; 04-18-2012 at 08:18 PM.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Not sure if I could do the whole old lady gambit much rather be an old man sitting in my garage polishing a classic car and watching the world change before my eyes, plus I always enjoyed listening to the chronicles of old men who had seen the years go by, old ladies are to kind to really speak of some of the more tragic things that happened in the past

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    As i look out on the grand years........Wait, cant look backward, I am looking at them right now... O crap. What did I do wrong. I have no memories other than male ones. I am still too young in crossdressing years to have any. I still have wild oats to sow. Places to get out to see. THings to do in a dress. Hikes to take in heels. Business to take care of in a bra. Worlds to see in a wig. parades to attend in panties. A wide wonderful world to experience as a woman.

No time to think about them, too damn much to do. See ya.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Well, I thought I would still be married to my darling wife. But she passed away 7 years ago so now it is me alone! Except of course for my 2 wonderful children, 3 grandchildren and 2 in-laws!

But since I live alone I can pretty much dress as I please, and I do almost every day. So my life in the grand years (I will be 80 in 3 weeks) is still pretty good!! Just wish I still had my lovely wife!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    I want that makeup ! Anything that will make me last a 1000 years is worth it . Ohhhhhhh Wait . You did say grand ? Right ?!?!?!?
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

I see myself living as a man in front of grand kids but outside of that it will be 50/50 man/woman.
    Oh and a heck of a lot more salon visits than I'm doing now.

Platinum Member
    I see myself spending the majority of my time as a dignified and hopefully still active mature woman.

OK,Let me see. A grand is 1000 right? so I'm 65 that means my grand years will start in another 935 years. Hmmmm, I know medical science is making great strides in extending life. I just don't think I'll be around for my 'grand' years. Since I'll probably be cremated I picture myself as just being dust in the wind.

Alright seriously, Did I tell you I'm 65? We start forgetting things around this age.
    Look at my avatar. That's how I picture myself. That's me at a conference last year. I was having a great time. I never felt more comfortable as Roberta. I only wish I had achieved this level of comfort with myself 35 years ago.

No matter. That's all water under the bridge. As far as crossdressing goes these are the best years of my life..............So far.

[SIZE="1"]Hey Kelly, I was typing this while you were posting, Thanks a lot[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="1"]Or great minds think alike[/SIZE]

Aspiring Member

My idea

I think I'm already here. Could things get better, sure; but then again things could be a lot worse. I'm happily retired and as long as I'm healthy and can stay active that's good.

I dress regularly, mostly around home but my wife and I went out to lunch today with me in fem jeans and a fem top. Nothing obvious unless you looked closely; nobody did. I enjoy life and if that is the definition of "grand years" I guess I have arrived. The main point is to enjoy life in the present.

Hugs,
    Sandra1746

The old man "growns" come more and more often.
    When I'm dressed i feel younger and find myself smiling more often.
    Maybe we have all found a fountain of youth.

I love all of your replies. Blue Orchid you made me laugh, Roberta you did too! Kim I am with you I am thinking respectable older lady for sure, Barbara you have quite a list of things to do but they have to be fun right.
    These where just a few that stuck out to me and I can wait to be getting up in my years seeing as I am only 41 now or in womens age 39 as we start counting backwards after 40 right. LOL

Aspiring Member
    I'm hoping that when I reach the retirement years (about 2030), that CDing will have become universally accepted by society so that I can go anywhere dressed any way I please. At that time I will have the pleasure of knowing that I am one of the pioneers, having been doing it for 60 years by that time.

On a lighter note, do you think they'll start making Depends with lace trim and in cute colors by then?

Had I been asked this a year ago, I probably would have answered with something like: I’ll be that scrawny old grouchy guy in the small house on the finely manicured corner lot sitting in his rickety old rocking chair inside his screened porch yelling at them dang whipper-snappers to stay offa the lawn! And, kidding aside, I don't envision that as being all that far off the mark, either.

However, after this past month, my very first with this alter-ego, I would very much like to have the polish, hair (read: wig) and makeup down to nearly second nature and acquire at least some modicum of fashion sense to where I can endeavor to pull off the look of a mature lady of refinement. Yeah, good luck with that, I know!

I have just under a quarter century before I start dipping my toes into my seventh decade on this planet, so I may have some time to pick a few things up here and there. There’s still a lot that can happen between then and now. I’m actually kind of looking forward to it.

Probably being full time in a tropical, or coastal town as an artist doing showings. P-Town, Newport, Savannah, KW, Charlotte Amalie USVI work fine for me.
    I need to keep mind sharp from getting dementia/Alzheimers (...not really avoidable, but hey!) .

Hi,

in 64, The last 5 years have so far been the best of my life, joined womens groups have so many friends spend time with them & no its not a old peoples last ditch effort of life far from it, lots to do & haveing friends to do it with, its what you do with your life & how, is the key .....

...noeleena...

Unexpected Woman Empress Lainie's Avatar

Exclamation

[SIZE=4]I'm 77 my "old age" will start maybe when I'm 90! Seriously, since my transition to fulltime female at 72 these have been the best years of my life in every way. I feel like 27, not 77. I can work and have up to 88hrs in a week, just finished a 64hr week. I can dance for hours without a break, even dance during the disco music on the band break.

And I have my 35yr old SO and my 76 yr old bff with me too!

When I was younger I absolutely hated the idea of being an "old man">Never will be, but maybe an "old woman." I get taken for in my 50's by everyone I ask. Probably shouldn't disillusion them with the facts!
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Ascended Ancient[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Kerigirl2009 View Post
    This may have been asked before? How do you picture yourself when you reach an age where you can just reflect on your life and just who you are? I guess I am wondering if you picture your retirement years being referred to as a woman or as an older man who crossdresses and still keeps secrets.

I guess when I picture myself in my grand years or even great grand years I see myself presenting more as a woman. I can picture myself always as a woman wearing cute older lady clothes and all my stuff neatly in my purse. I can see myself in the backyard sith a sundress of sorts and a large hat providing shade while I work on a garden, watching the grandkids play in the yard or at the lake, making lunch for the grandkids. This seems like what I want to be more then the grumpy grandfather bickering in the garage about the damn weather.

I have some memories of most of the women usually with a smile on their face and typically the men with a look of disgust or unhappy with something that did not go right that day. I don't want to be that grumpy guy.

I have a very difficult time picturing me as an old man sitting on a bench feeding the birds or what have you, I don't ever see me as an older man, what does this mean for me, I am not sure. I think I want to be the happy older lady.

how about you????
    Well, obviously, you are pretty young and haven't contemplated the future. I suppose I was like you at a young age.

You have two options; getting old, and the other one, not getting old. Getting old is the better option.

How you live and how you feel in your older years is up to you. You can enjoy life or sit around and wish you were younger. My choice is to enjoy life. I prepared well and although I'm not wealthy by any means, I have no debt and a decent retirement income. I can do many of the things I want to but not all of them.

As for the crossdressing part of your question, I live as a male. I've recently begun underdressing in public and around my wife. I would like to dress more around my wife but I have no desire to live as a female or dress in public around people I know.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

You got that right girl. I guess I am already in my grand years. 63 and not counting. I do feel much younger when dressed as a woman. And I like that. My wife is getting more tolerable of Daviolin latley and thats a good thing also. So I hope I can reflect on my younger days as young woman comming of age. Daviolin
    [SIZE="6"]
    [/SIZE]
    A CD AND HIS WARDROBE, ITS A BEAUTIFUL THING.

I do worry about dementia, alzheimers hitting me and I am just hoping that if that does happen that I can live as the woman I know I am. but I guess that will be up to the people taking care of me. Praying that I never get either.
    As far as living life, I feel I am doing the best that I can with the restrictions that I impose upon myself to keep the peace. But with that said, I really want to go further.
    I still like the answers that people are giving and I hope to be as active as the next woman when I get to that retirement age in say about 30 years. Until then I will just keep exporing my options and see where it takes me. Who knows maybe I will develop a need to present as a man but I highly doubt that will ever happen. (womens intuition?)

Keri

Umm, how do I see myself in the grand years, I'm not sure just which years that is? I'm 68, and where I stand, I'm still not there. But in the mean time, I went to shave my legs, and couldn't, just no hair on them anymore. I don't work anymore, and don't get away from the homestead all that much, so I pretty much dress as I please, just about anytime I please, except when going to the doctors, or shopping, or in and out of the hospital, as some of us find ourselves, in the grand years. The rest of the time, I always under dress, if I'm not fully dressed, which I am most days. I've been known to dress for days on end without interruption, and I have a wife that after 35 years of encouraging me to dress more, does not mind, now that I do.
    All in all, it's been the best time of my dressing life, but I'm still in the closet, and have no plans to ever change that. And I just can't wait for those grand years to start!
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Lol @ grumpy old men syndrome Keri.

I retired early so I guess I'm in my grand years. Too bad I missed so much of my younger years but I'm making up for lost time. I still dress a bit trashy at times for my age cuz it's fun. You know.. real short skirts and heels. Only in the house though because I don't want to make a spectacle of myself.

So I prefer to be the hip grandma type trying to keep up with fashion and all that. I think we should all just defy age anyways. There are some older celebrities that still rock the younger look. As an old man I look the part, as a girl I can knock a few years off.

I'm in my 70's now and wish I had been able to dress more when I was younger. Thank God for make-up it sure helps make me feel and look younger and softer. When the make-up fails to make a difference I will probably become one of those old men feeding the birds and squirrels.
    I believe I was a lesbian in a previous lifetime.