Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to restart the urge to crossdress

How to restart the urge to crossdress

I haven't crossdressed for a few months now. Not because i've not had the opportunity or the time or even the clothes. I've got all of those. But i've just not felt like doing it. I've not felt the need to do it.
    Trouble is that i am now starting to miss Katie. This evening i have put on a pair of leggings, a bra, a nice cosy jumper and a pair of heels to see if that re-kindles my desire to shave my body again and spend an hour putting make up on and just have a girly time.
    So far if has not really worked.
    Has anyone got any advice on how to get back on track?

HIya hun i went through a similar thing a year or so back, liek you i had plenty of opportunity to do but there was no drive there. Like all hoobies or interests we go in & out of things, it will come back properly sooner or later. Just do what you enjoy for the moment and katie will soon strike you & the urge will be so strong you wont know what to do with it :P lol As for advice i would just say go online, look at pictures of your favourite types clothes or make up etc maybe read my blog haha but seriously the urge will come back in time. Sorry i couldnt be more of help hun x

I've had some time where it went away and I've forced myself.... Took a couple days off one time and stayed enfemme for 48 hours straight. That did the trick... Lately I haven't had the urge but then again I don't really care if I goes away or not.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Well, if you are in a jumper, leggings and such....you've got the spirit.
    As for shaving....I can't see that I could ever go back to being hairy again. I just adore being smooth and hair free.
    I have had periods in my life that were free of dressing for no particular reason and periods where I purged and denied all this. Then I realized that no matter what I did, no matter how long the lull, this is part of me and it's not going away.
    Now I just embrace it and enjoy having all of me here.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

California Dreamin Michaelasfun's Avatar
    Try taking a bubblebath. Light a few candles around the tub, pick up some floral scented bathgel and cover yourself with it and soak. Does the trick for me
    Michaela

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. - Rush

This isn't much of an answer but one day the desire will just return. During my long marriage I rarely dressed female, but very shortly after my wife died the urge just grew and grew. If it's mean to return it will. Best wishes Kathie no matter what the future brings.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Platinum Member
    If you miss 'Katie ' just push yourself to get dresses and made up one time. Then find something fun to do..go out. Often if you do something and have a good time it helps reinforce the desire to do it again.

GEES ,,,,,, The things I do for all you LADYS ????????? Well here it goes ,, First go to the mall an find a bench,,, An just sit there,,,, Then get up an go look at heels,,an the go to VICTORIA SECRETE ,, An then go an find a bench an just sit there if you can ?
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Don't work for it. Just let it be. If you force it, is it still genuine?

Kathi

The only advice I have Hon is to just relax, be yourself and have fun.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

If you don't feel like crossdressing, I say don't push it. If the desire is there it happens. Otherwise there are a ton of other hobbies you can get into.

I tell you if I were not transgendered I would be like most men - content to be their male selves. It would be a lot easier on me if I weren't transgendered.

John
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

Yeah... I guess many of us have been through these phases... they usually pass... BUT... this sounds odd in that you want to feel the need and you don't... For me there are two ways to look at it... a) let it run its course... it will return or b) immerse yourself in your feminine self... do the full monty... once there... it will rekindle...

I am away from home at the moment in full Kaz mode. I have been out for a bit dressed and it is very late here... and I need to be bright as a button tomorrow at work... but I don't want to get out of Kaz mode... I am her at the moment and it is brilliant! Full immersion... very powerful!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

I'm usually always on track. If I get in a slump,(which isn't very often). I pick up a fashion mag and just go girly. Daviolin
    [SIZE="6"]
    [/SIZE]
    A CD AND HIS WARDROBE, ITS A BEAUTIFUL THING.

Purge. Throw away all of your stuff so that it would cost you a fortune to get it all back, and suddenly the desire will return.

In an Enigma,surrounded by a Black Hole,inside a Conundrum
    Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    Purge. Throw away all of your stuff so that it would cost you a fortune to get it all back, and suddenly the desire will return.
    ....lol.....yup...that usually does it!
    "it all unfolds before your eyes ,let Merlin cast his spell" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The urge? It comes and goes without any assistance.
    Try abstaining for three months and "the urge" wil be back with a vengance.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Oh Yes!!!! This always works!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

I have gone through long periods where I didn't really have the desire to dress and didn't. But when it comes back it usually comes back in spades. Stacy is right, seeing a sexy woman in a great outfit normally makes me want to dress up.

Sometimes it gets in your head to push it all away, I know I've purged about 3 times and its not all to nice when the feeling comes back so I've created a few care packages hidden around just in case but like most said they've gone long times without the urge I've gone a year or two before and then something like a beautiful girl or one of those packages flips the switch and it all comes back, not sure if that helps or why it happens like that but like the reason we all really go there in the first place its mostly a mystery

I a true Scotsman (or Scotswoman?) would never waste anything! That's why I never purged!

John
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

I purged, and did a 9 year hiatus......at the end discovered that I was the same person I always was, minus the clothes I tossed.

The urge waxes and wanes with me, but one thing that helps keep me on an even keel is having standing appointments to get my nails and hair done, and visiting the tattoo studio. Even if it's an "off" week, I always dress for these appointments, and I find that helps mitigate the wild swings in mood when I go from having the desire every day into the dry periods. On average I have one of these "mandatory" outings every week.

- Diane

Senior Member Jacqueline Winona's Avatar
    It's all good, Katie, when you're ready to dress it will all come back to you. Until then, it sounds like you're happy as you are, so just live in the moment and enjoy being the "other" you.

Me 2 - I had a 12 year break. And now it is back even stronger

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Just go b the old saying. If it feels good do it. Likewise, if it hurts don' do it. When it feels good again, you will do it. Sister, will you do it. But what do I know, in my 7 months the longest dry spell was last week.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.