Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to restart the urge to crossdress

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Ball players often have slumps and spend too much time thinking about things. If this is something that is natural for you to do, let the game come on it's own. Buy a new top or a skirt. Try it on and start seeing what else you have in the closet that it will go with. That usually gets me started as I try to find new challenges in something I'd normally be doing anyway.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Aspiring Member
    I can only really speak for myself, but when I get like that I just don't dress. Maybe don't force things, give it some time then see how you feel

Others have said it for me -- do what you are comfortable with. We are all different, and what works for one doesn't necessarily work for someone else (we sometimes forget that here!) As I posted yesterday, I went on a long dry spell, but i don't see that happening again!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

live and let live, stop analyzing and questioning. Just be enjoy everyday as it unfolds. If you have a wife i am sure she will be happy.

Platinum Member
    Hi Katie, Remember What goes around comes around.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Nothing unusual I would say. It's rare for the urge to go away permanently. Last year I did not do dressup much and worse stopped going out socially. I'm dressing again now but I have probably burnt my bridges socially.
    Gayle Stainforth

I don't understand, I've never had the desire to dress, if I didn't have a desire. Seems to me if you miss it that much, you have the desire, maybe not the energy. If I miss Tina, I just go in and put her on, with out over thinking about how I feel, and the next time I just can't wait. But when the desire is just not there at all, I go out and enjoy man stuff, Tina will still be there in the closet waiting patiently until the desire returns, and it always returns.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Dee Dee
    You have that right girlfriend. Last time I let Dee "commit suicide" it cost me over $1500 of clothes, shoes, cosmetics, etc. And the wost part, most of what I had bought was on sale marked down 50%. Now I'm starting over as well. Does the madness ever end?
    Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    Purge. Throw away all of your stuff so that it would cost you a fortune to get it all back, and suddenly the desire will return.

I can tell you in my point of view, the urge to crossdress can come & go at any given time of year. The pictures that recently posted this week on flickr were the first ones I posted in five months. I get too depressed at times due to me being long-term unemployed, financially screwed and no tg's to physically hang out with in my area. Being around folks like us does dull the pain of reality through my eyes.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I think you're going about this 180 degrees backwards, Katie! If u REALLY want the urge back u must STOP EVERYTHING TO DO WITH DRESSING! Don't visit here. Pack your stuff in boxes. Don't even THINK about shopping for Katie!

Do anything and everything else your guy side does! Try THAT for as long as u can and, like it or not, I expect Katie will be back!

Works for me!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Do what TxKimberly says first then do what Stacy B said I think that those two would work for me. Of course do them both in the same day and you can get the stuff you purged after you purchase the heels you were looking at. Yes you better do it to or I'm going to tell that you are on this forum and you are not dressing like you are supposed to do.

Tess
    [COLOR="blue"]Contessa Marie D

I'm TG. A fem-male so I look male sometimes.

Dressing is necessary, the type of clothes you wear not so much.

This above all to thy own self be true!

Silver Member
    Sit back in a quite room. Relax. Focus on nothing.

What do you want to do?

Do it.

Give it time. It will return. It always does.

Dear Katie,
    I have supressed my dressing for several months myself and you know how I got Rebecca back? I was stressed out and I took a nice hot bath and I shaved my legs. I was doing it in the back of mind for bike riding, but deep inside I needed my inner girl to come back out. I went shopping two days later and just bought the basics, panties and pantyhose. This morning I got up at 3:00am and I painted my toe nails a metalic pink. I am now ready to get some shoes and a dress. I run hot and cold on the dressing thinking that it is not the right thing to do for a man, but deep down I will always have my Rebecca when I need her. It sure beats medication or high blood pressure to relieve my stress, and I look and feel great! Katie, in the past when you went out dressed for the first time, I saw a real woman emerge from you and you looked beautiful dressed as a woman. It is more than putting on a dress, it is about letting Katie express herself.

Try just taking a hot bath and shave your legs, Katie will come back when she is ready. Nylons are my weakness and you cannot wear them without shaving.
    The day after I shaved my legs, I found a tick crawling up my leg and I would have never seen it with hairy legs! Smooth and tick free.

Take care Katie and show a picture of your next outing as Katie. She is there, just waiting for you to let her express herself.

Rebecca

Going to the mall always increases my desire,looking at all the great looking girls,checking all the nice clothes.Usually after getting home I'm ready to dress or at least have tons of new ideas about new things to try.How about going on a shopping trip and finding that irresistible item you can't not buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Katie83 View Post
    I haven't crossdressed for a few months now. Not because i've not had the opportunity or the time or even the clothes. I've got all of those. But i've just not felt like doing it. I've not felt the need to do it.
    Trouble is that i am now starting to miss Katie. This evening i have put on a pair of leggings, a bra, a nice cosy jumper and a pair of heels to see if that re-kindles my desire to shave my body again and spend an hour putting make up on and just have a girly time.
    So far if has not really worked.
    Has anyone got any advice on how to get back on track?

I don't always want to shave my whole body either because it is a lot of work, especially if you haven't done it for months. Sometimes when work gets crazy sometimes I don't wear makeup for weeks at a time, but I always keep my toenails painted and wear various degrees of women's clothes at home. I also always wear feminine pajamas to bed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.