Thread: Flipped my Wig - yay!

Be free - overcome fear!

Flipped my Wig - yay!

I have always been very fearful of going without wigs but over the past month or so they
    started to really bug the crap out of me to me and I only wore them if I went out somewhere.

Well I finally flipped my wig after spending the entire day in Brisbane then flying back home
    that evening to Cairns over the weekend wearing nothing by my real hair with a pink baseball
    cap. Anyway when I went to go through airport security they asked me to take my cap off
    which I felt very hesitant to do, but I knew any delay by my could mean missing my flight,
    so I took it off and went through the scanner feeling extremely naked.

When I went through the scanner I could have swore everyone was watching me but I realised
    not one single person paid me any attention. I put my cap back on and boarded the plane. While
    I was waiting for the plane to take off I got my portable mirror out and looked and I could not
    believe what I was seeing I ACTUALLY HAVE GOT HAIR! Wtf have I been so worried about?

So today I officially retired the wigs forever.

Last edited by Melody Moore; 04-23-2012 at 06:55 AM.
    "Judging a person does not define who they are - it defines who you are"
    "
    Don't be so Serious, if you can't laugh at yourself, call me....... I'll laugh at you!"
    "
    Haters don't really hate you, they hate themselves, because you are a reflection of what they want to be"
    "The most happiest people in this world don't need the best of everything, they just make the best of everything"'

Find me on Facebook

Banned Read only
    You have hair Melody and alot of it!!
    I'm very happy that that you realized that no one was fixated on you.
    You were just like any other woman in the airport.

Julia

Banned Read only
    Hey, who's that lady? It's Melody! You will find it much cooler. Congratulations on flipping the wig for good.

Be free - overcome fear!
    Thanks Julia, I was a bit nervous this trip as well because it is the first time I have travelled away
    from Cairns since I transitioned to the state capital Brisbane, but I better get use to it because I
    think I will be doing a lot more air travel soon.

One of the main reasons why I went to Brisbane was to establish a new Trans Health Action Group.
    And I held a very successful meeting with others from NGOs and the community to set up the first
    National Trans Health Action Group in Australia. Our primary agenda is in addressing the health care
    & well being of people that have Gender Identity Disorder and experience severe anxiety & depression
    issues. We have just started a national survey to gather people's stories from right around Australia.

Anyway before I left Brisbane, I spent the afternoon with my Dad and let him see me with just my real hair,
    he was pretty amazed all round at my transition and how different I was both physically & in my demeanour.
    Dad was a whole different to me than any other time in my life & really does accept me now as his daughter.

So it has been a very significant past few days really, so getting rid of the wig is only one reason to be happy.
    "
    Don't be so Serious, if you can't laugh at yourself, call me....... I'll laugh at you!"
    "
    Haters don't really hate you, they hate themselves, because you are a reflection of what they want to be"
    "The most happiest people in this world don't need the best of everything, they just make the best of everything"'

Find me on Facebook

Be free - overcome fear!
    Here are some other photos from my trip to Brisbane.

taking off from cairns.jpg
    Leaving Cairns at 6am in the Morning

arrival into brisbane_1.jpg
    Arriving in Brisbane at 8am in the Morning

melody&jessica.jpg
    With Jessica Johnson

mel-kathy-jess.jpg
    With Kathy Noble (Changeling Aspects) & Jessica Johnson

Dad.jpg
    Me with my Dad the first time in 15 years.
    "
    "

Find me on Facebook

yawn, whatever. Once Abbot gets in, you can forget about federal funding lol.
    ... [SIZE="2"]One perfect day[/SIZE]

Be free - overcome fear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Felicity71 View Post
    yawn, whatever. Once Abbot gets in, you can forget about federal funding lol.
    Allana, this is why I didn't end up inviting you to the meeting, other members insisted that we only
    want positive and proactive people to be involved in the Trans Health Action Group & not pessimists.

You have no idea on how we are tackling the issue of health care and right now we are not
    taking on any political party, we are challenging the Federal Administration of Australia over
    their management and practices concerning the Health Care & Well Being of Australian people
    who have Gender Identity Disorder and have been denied access to proper treatments etc.

Trans people in Australia cannot get help if they are battling with thoughts of self harm & suicide. We are also
    excluded from all suicide prevention programs and trans suicides are not recognised in the national statistics.

The Australian Federal Government still continues to ignore the Human Rights Commission's 2009 Sex Files
    & the WAPTH Standards of Care into the management and treatment of people with Gender Identity Disorder.
    The Human Rights Commission and many other Activists and NGOs have still continued to lobby individually for
    reform to the health care system but as you know nothing has been done so far, but now the game plan has
    been changed. We are not going to waste time writing letters that can be screwed up and tossed in the bin,
    instead we are launching a national media campaign to hopefully make trans health an election issue. We plan
    on letting the Australian taxpayer know how much money is being wasted though the government's in-activeness
    and mismanagement over these very important health issues.

The bottom line is Allana If a trans person was to hurt or kill themselves because the government failed
    to offer the most basic medical care to the trans community as recommended by WPATH & the Human
    Right's Commission, then the Australian Federal Government could in affect be liable and litigated in the
    Federal Court over the matter. This is also the basis of why they changed the Australian Passport Laws.

So Allana, it doesn't matter who is in government, either way they will have a duty of care to the people
    of Australia and we want to know what they are going to do to address these issues and we are going
    to be asking these questions now via national media so the Australian voters will know what is going on.
    "
    "

Find me on Facebook

What Me Worry
    Melody,

I am happy you feel good about being comfortable in your own hair. I would also like to commend you for your work in bringing the issues up which effect the trans community. I hope you have the success you are seeking.
    To Dream The Impossible Dream.
    Full Time 10/1/2012

Melody, your pictures were great but nowhere as great as the one with you and your dad together after 15 years.

Life is going to be so much more enjoyable not having to wear those damn wigs.

I bought 2 before my hair grew out to a female style. But what a waste of money, I wore each one ONCE and said hell no to wigs! The first was a synthetic wig and that was a big NO. So then I bought a human hair wig and also said NO. I just accepted that my hair will take a couple of years to grow out and that I was not going to let that stop me from living my life as the woman I have always been.
    Last edited by Traci Elizabeth; 04-24-2012 at 02:56 PM.

Just call Me: "W - O - M - A - N"

As King said: "I'm free at last, I'm free at last.
    Thank God Almighty I'm free at last!"

Your natural hair looks terrific, Melody. It's about time you canned the wigs if you have hair as lovely as you do.
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    That's definitely hair!

I still own all of my wigs, and even have a human-hair wig that I have never worn, but it has been at least 2 years since I wore a wig. Too much of a nuisance. Now if only HRT filled in hair on top of my head...

Be free - overcome fear!
    Thanks, my insecurity was born from how little hair I had with MPB I had when I started my transition
    and it such a relief to finally be at a point where I have enough hair where I can get rid of the wigs.

One thing though, my hair is not as red or orange as it appears in the photo, I am a medium blonde.
    "
    "

Find me on Facebook