Thread: I think I’m becoming a housewife!

I think I’m becoming a housewife!

Or do I mean houseperson?

I haven’t started many posts lately, so here’s an update. I’m now semi-retired and spend maybe 3-4 hours a day at my office – which gives me time otherwise to be me! My wife has a pretty much full-time job that is fairly stressful. (Yes, Claire is part of her life.) I generally spend my mornings around the house in “comfy” clothes, and more and more am taking over the household duties. We’ve had several posts about dressing and doing housework, but I’m finding that the more I dress, the more I want to do housework. Keeping fresh flowers on the dinner table, tidying and cleaning .. in fact, I love it! This is very different from drab mode, when I found such things a chore.

So, two questions. One, do any of you find the same? The second question is this. Perhaps this is just another expression of my femininity, but I wonder if this is some sort of gender stereotype … am I being sexist? I’d be particularly interested in how GG’s see this.

Yesterday I went to our favorite consignment store (Kaleidoscope)
    to get some around the house clothes – scored a couple of tops, a pair of Chico’s jeans and some cute blue sandals for $35 – and had another first. I passed a couple in the store, and the guy winked at me! I confess that brought a smile. I don’t know if he read me or thought I was cute or what, but I liked it. So here’s my new housecleaning outfit and yes, the place is cleaner!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

I like the word housewife best! I do not know what it is about housework and dressing but I tend to do a lot more and a lot better when dressed! Nowadays I wouldn't have it any other way! Like your outfit! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

I enjoy doing housework also. My wife says I clean very well..lol. Of course I'm still lobbying for my "uniform" (French Maid of course) as required by the union. Until I get it I'll just have to wear whatever else I have.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

No,,,No,, He winked at you cuz you are CUTE ! Clean away little LADY,,,, Clean away . Ohhhh yea an shop away too .
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

Claire you are just missing a swiffer and yellow rubber dish gloves.

Looking very domestic there!

Sounds nice Hon but personally, I feel that house cleaning, like anything else should be a team effort.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    What a great life. I sure wish my wife would go out and get a high pressure job. I'd quit my high pressure job and we would have a much cleaner house. I already have the perfect pink housekeeper dress with matching mary-jane pumps and pink tights. Hey, first things first!

Oh, and pearls and pearl earrings. You know, like my avatar!
    Last edited by CarlaWestin; 04-21-2012 at 10:17 AM.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Thanks for the great comments! Carla, June Cleaver (Cleavage??) never had it on you .. maybe you two should consider making the Clean Team!

Quote Originally Posted by STACY B View Post
    No,,,No,, He winked at you cuz you are CUTE ! Clean away little LADY,,,, Clean away . Ohhhh yea an shop away too .
    Hon, you made my day!

Quote Originally Posted by Kate Simmons View Post
    Sounds nice Hon but personally, I feel that house cleaning, like anything else should be a team effort.
    Kate, it is. Sue likes to organize and straighten, I like to do the rest. We do sort it out!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Banned Read only
    Being retired I assumed most of the household chores. Yesterday I made a nice pot of meatballs and sauce. Of course I did it fully dressed in heels, hosiery, undergarments. dress and full slip, and wig. The mail brought me a newly acquired Venezia sheath dress, black and purple with the underskirt in purple. That will be part of my outfit for Modnay along with a matching slip. Monday is laundry day. Being en femme makes the job more enjoyable. Even if I were not a cross dresser I would still do the chores.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire Cook View Post
    Or do I mean houseperson?

I haven’t started many posts lately, so here’s an update. I’m now semi-retired and spend maybe 3-4 hours a day at my office – which gives me time otherwise to be me! My wife has a pretty much full-time job that is fairly stressful. (Yes, Claire is part of her life.) I generally spend my mornings around the house in “comfy” clothes, and more and more am taking over the household duties. We’ve had several posts about dressing and doing housework, but I’m finding that the more I dress, the more I want to do housework. Keeping fresh flowers on the dinner table, tidying and cleaning .. in fact, I love it! This is very different from drab mode, when I found such things a chore.

So, two questions. One, do any of you find the same? The second question is this. Perhaps this is just another expression of my femininity, but I wonder if this is some sort of gender stereotype … am I being sexist? I’d be particularly interested in how GG’s see this.

Yesterday I went to our favorite consignment store (Kaleidoscope)
    to get some around the house clothes – scored a couple of tops, a pair of Chico’s jeans and some cute blue sandals for $35 – and had another first. I passed a couple in the store, and the guy winked at me! I confess that brought a smile. I don’t know if he read me or thought I was cute or what, but I liked it. So here’s my new housecleaning outfit and yes, the place is cleaner!
    Your becomming your wife's house husband. Lots of guys doing it now and lots more have fantesies about doing it. Experience Project has lots of postings about this.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/76795368@N07/

International Men Can Wear A Dress Too Day, Tuesday, May 15 2012

Gold Member
    I don't look at it as something I like to do. If I don't spend time cleaning, then it frees time for other household projects. There always is a lot to do around the home. It is a marriage and I think it should be a balance against the time working outside of the home vs inside of the home. If I could do none of it and go have fun elsewhere, you wouldn't have to tell me twice!

For those who love the house cleaning.... More power to you. I am sure that is yet another reason your spouse loves you (after many more important reasons I would think). I could do without it myself.

Cute outfit for cleaning and shopping too.

Girl underconstruction Paulette's Avatar
    Since I get to dress most days, cleaning is just one of the things that needs to get done and Paulette happens to have more time to do it. Dressing as any woman would to do house work is just has full filling as being able to dress to go out to the store or to a nice dinner. I find that I dress for the activity more than for the thrill of wearing a piece of woman's clothing as a male.
    Just and older girl trying to experience all that life can bring.
    "Life is not a dress rehearsal"

Gold Member
    I guess I got hired for the house wife duties;
    My wife has a handicap, and is unable to to any chores, or do any cooking,
    Maybe toast, but thats about all.
    So I am the chief cook and bottle washer, and shopper in the house.
    I do have a real nice French mads dress, but I would never do house work in it;
    Afraid it might get dirty.
    I always put on a jean skirt when I do the floors, I tell my wife, If I have to do
    scrub work, I might as well dress the part. She gets amused when I do that.
    Rader