Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you want to be a girl or just look like one?

Like Barbara Ella I have a female soul but am a man this time around for someone's (probably mine) reason. Part of the purpose for being here is to learn and to utilize the resources and abilities we have to do that. Sometimes that particular schtick requires that we tap into hidden talents and abilities apparent femininity or masculinity notwithstanding. Many of us are free spirits and that is what puts a us at odds with so-called established thinking. In other words, sometimes we have to be a woman to be a man. Works for me my friends.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Aligning her body & soul sierra_g's Avatar
    I've never actually lived as a woman, I just wear the clothes on rare occasions. My wife isn't too keen on it.
    If given the opportunity, I would do the HRT, and probably even get a full orchiectomy, but I doubt I would ever finish the job.

Just a girl on a trip cyndigurl45's Avatar
    I feel like I was born a girl with a physical defect, having a penis and balls, I am correcting that now, just have the penis and growing breast

I won't lie I do have feminine mannerisms and have a feminine looking face (I'm 24 and still haven't grown any facial hair, hell my body isn't that hairy at all!) But I just like to dress like a girl. When dressed up I act like one retaining my personality just with female flair to it. I look at it just as a simple dress up. I don't want to be a woman. At most I may dress up full time (that is if my current relationship fails) but I'll always stick to liking women. I don't feel any attraction to men. The male body just looks hideous to me.

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    I really enjoy being a guy. I just like dressing up, too.

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar
    This queston is for us older folk a bit different to the one that you young 'uns reply to. Fifty years ago the thought of changing was not conceivable. It was unheard of and one could but dream. Over the years the dream could be realised but the cost, cash/mental increases we on age.
    In other words I would have loved to change, when it was impossible.
    Now when it is possible, I have grown accustomed to my body - which is a bit too old to change -and my mind has overcome the male"deficiencies" . I should emphasise that my mind has seen to it that my body behavoir in public is more fem than male when I am out there in town or wherever. I look after me, in or out and I wonder why the male animal does not do likewise. Maybe not in "actions" which can be awful, but certainly in appearance, posture and dress care.

In other words, being born when I was, changing was a fantasy dream.
    Had I been born later I would have probably changed.
    But I was out of step, so I settle for my own personal creation of Samantha. She pleases me - mostly-, she gets out and about, - less frequently than before but she is happy.
    I do hope that others who are unchanged are equally able to be satisfied.

~Samm

Look Look Look and act like a lady.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

May as well get my 2 cents in here as well. I love the clothes and how I feel in them. I am male, I will always be male. If I could go all the way back and make the choice from the beginning??? That is a difficult question. I know that if I had been born a girl, I'd have been lesbian and that in it's self is a whole new set of issues plus I can not imagine a life without my kids or grand kids so... at least with me, GOD got it right.

I want to feel as femm as possible, I may even one day have the backing and the courage to present myself in public as a woman. For Larrissa to go out in public as herself and enjoy it would be the ultimate dream come true. So there you go.

I wish I'd been born female instead. I spent many years struggling with some pretty severe gender dysphoria, and secretly longed for gender reassignment. Funny how life gets in the way, and maybe I'm actually glad it did. I always wanted to be a woman, but I'm somehow less keen on being a transexual woman. I don't mean to offend anyone in any way with this statement, but there really is a difference. I guess I mean that I wanted all the things that girls have such as a female childhood, first date, first kiss, first prom, wedding day, and all that gooey stuff. I wanted a life as a woman without the gender dysphoria, which I guess can only come by being born that way.

I settled into married life with a truly wonderful woman, and I've accepted my lot in life as her husband. I'll probably always have a sense of loss, and a longing for womanhood, but I manage to stay content by simply enjoying my femme moments while crossdressed. I made my choice, and I'm willing to live with it.

And when I'm crossdressed, yes....I want to look like a girl.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

I like to be a guy, there are too many benefits of being a guy that I believe I would lose if I were to become a woman, on an unrelated note however I wish I could experience what being a girl would be like, but that doesn't mean I want to become a girl. If I could be born as a girl and then switch back to being a guy when I felt like it then I would do so.

I love to dress, put make up, look, move, walk, act, eat,smoke, talk, shop, Uff shop!, dance, dine out as a woman, you name it!
    Yes to do all what I can as a woman when I crossdress.
    But not being one, simply, I am a man who loves to crossdress, and the best that I can do it the better.... for me that´s it.
    With Love and Kisses...

Lucy

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lucy-pink/

I'm not under any delusion (such as many crossdressers are) that being a female is easier than being a male. Actually, it's harder; body upkeep and appearance is much higher maintainence, the hormone swings, menstruation, having babies, raising them, being financially dependent on another person if you should decide to have those children, the list just goes on and on. What would be easier, as opposed to being a guy who has to fight the feelings of being a girl, of course would simply to be the girl we feel we are supposed to be. It's not 'easier' than being a guy; but at least it would allow us to deal with 'normal' problems, rather than the whole gender dysphoria thing which screws up even the possibility of having a normal love relationship.
    But yes, I want to be a girl. It doesn't make much sense, but that's the feeling I have to live with on a daily basis.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Alexa/Lexi. Good point about many CDers thinking that it's easier being a girl. Even for GG's think about the challenges of makeup (every day even when hung over), hair, style, period, and public safety. I was struck by an author who pointed out how good girls are at things like working with the left hand and with both hands behind them for things like fixing hair and adjusting clothes. Guys can get by with deodorant, a shave and a shower, along with mismatched clothes. That said, I love putting on makeup and something frilly. But, i can do that because i want to, and I feel good, not because I've had to do it my whole life. Credit to the GGs and the gurls who have adjusted. Tomorrow: Black flowing skirt, and knit top, but I'm torn between pumps and wedges.

As a 46-year-old woman...trust me, its all fun and games till menopause kicks in. Hot flashes, night sweats and mood swings that scare the workers at KFC are NO FUN! Just sayin...carry on.

Lost in trans-lation Carrie Ines's Avatar
    The more i improve on my "passability" the more i seem to think about a full time female life, stealth would make it easier x

I'll do anyything short of HRT, I'm not there yet.
    I'll grow my hair long, and do electrolyisys & laser, and go out anywhere/anytime in girl mode. I'm still working at it, and getting my real hair chemically straightened in a couple of days. All this stuff is actually more frustrating & time consuming, and expensive than you think, but I'm doing it. For me, Zen is to pass on both sides of the fence. I don't suffer from severe GID, where I need to be a girl all the time.
    Last edited by NathalieX66; 04-24-2012 at 11:29 PM.

Aligning her body & soul sierra_g's Avatar
    My wife has forced me to think heavily on this subject. I have wanted to be a girl since I was in junior high. I saw the Robocop where they could change what you look like, make you male or female, etc. I've dreamed that somehow they would create that technology.

I've never been out publicly as a girl, so I am really inexperienced in the decision, but as it sits now, I think that I would love to have professional HRT and live the rest of my life as a girl, but I doubt I would ever go for the surgeries. I always wondered about the prices and steps it takes to do the HRT.

i not only enjoy the clothes, i would absolutely love to be a girl

I love being somewhere in-between. I don't have any desire to make the full transition... I think women have a pretty tough gig in all actuality. I do have a ton of respect for those of us who do make the full transition, though.

Well,
    I love my female side, can't live without it
    but , I can't be a full time girl too
    So, here's my answer:
    I just like to look like a HOT one
    You will love my soft,white,femmy and beautiful body
    With love,
    Caroline

I would like both. I like being dressed as a girl and trying to look like one. I need to be a guy sometimes too so I'll take the middle ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleena View Post
    I would like both. I like being dressed as a girl and trying to look like one. I need to be a guy sometimes too so I'll take the middle ground.
    More you dress like a girl, more you get addicted to it :P
    but, to be honest, no one ( I mean CDs) can live without his man side
    You will love my soft,white,femmy and beautiful body
    With love,
    Caroline

Quote Originally Posted by Caroline_Femmy View Post
    More you dress like a girl, more you get addicted to it :P
    Oh I hear ya Caroline! My guy side is losing ground fast.

I just love to dress and try to look like a woman. A year form now I may feel different who knows.

If I really had the option, I would be a fully developed beautiful female hermaphrodite. I would want to be free to explore all possibilities.