Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you want to be a girl or just look like one?

Do you want to be a girl or just look like one?

Paraphrasing the old TV ads for Barbizon School of Modeling (i.e. "Be a model or just look like one"), I was wondering how many folks here have a goal to be a girl or do you just want to look like one. I had intended to transition over 40 years ago but changed my mind. Over the years it has been a sometimes wild ride expressing myself and my feelings and my inner so-called female feelings by wanting to look and dress like a girl. For myself it has always been about those feelings and I eventually accepted all of them and made them my own. As a result, I no longer really want to be a girl per se but it basically boiled down to looking like one and honing those skills as an art form.

I'm really a guy (all guy) and readily admit that. As such and making all of the feelings my own, I put the dressing on the shelf for basically a year or so but realized I really love the expression and enjoy taking part of the experience of dressing and dancing and socializing en femme. It is a part of who I am. That being said I never overblow what I do nor do I think it's a big deal. I just do it and take a pragmatic approach. My goal in this world is to help others with many things and I no longer have to prove anything to anyone but just do things because I want to and take a more or less practical approach to CDing and everything else.

What I've found out is we cannot be totally autonomous in this world but we can be individuals. Looking like a girl is part of that for me and I just have fun with it. Seems to work for me anyway.
    Last edited by Kate Simmons; 04-21-2012 at 12:50 PM.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I definitely only want to look like a girl. I have a lot of respect for people that make the full transition but in my case I know that would not make me happy. Crossdressing is quite a personal thing for me, something that I only do on my own and sometimes with my SO. In my 'real' life I am not very feminine at all even though I have long hair, and I can't imagine changing that, but I also have no intention of removing the other side of myself.
    Bi-Gendered, Goth/Metal Fan, Atheist, Artist and British

I really want to know what it is to be a woman, to feel everything a woman feels, emotionally, physically including the sensuality of being female or feeling arousal from a ladies perspective.

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar
    I just want to look like one. However, I know that I could never pass, but enjoy feeling feminine.

I think that if an alien from another planet came to earth and changed me into a genetic woman without my consent, I don't know what I would be more.......upset or pleased. But I think if he changed me into a 25 year-old woman, I might just forgive and forget!!
    "Taking the time to be in touch with my feminine side"

I want to be a girl..woman now. If only I had a do over in life.

At my age (62) I'd just settle to look like a girl, If I were 21 and knowing what I know now, I believe I'd become a woman if I could. My wife keeps telling me "It's fun being a woman" well I'll switch and find out how much fun it can be.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/76795368@N07/

International Men Can Wear A Dress Too Day, Tuesday, May 15 2012

I for one am not interested in giving up being me. I am happy with being a male, but I would give a gold ginny to be able to swap bodies with my wife for a given time, say 6 mounths or a year. That way I would get over the sexual and fantacy phase of being female and actualy have to experiance the good and bad of being female and her. The reaason I stated my wife is I still believe in staying true to her, and to experiance life as a woman it would include all the aspects of caring for and taking care of my husband as well as my own. It seems to me that for her, that is at least as imporrtant to her and makes her as happy as any other activity she partisipates in. And after experiancing being her and all the hard work and constant caring she does I would be a better husband and man, without a dought!
    Ofcourse I would totally indulge my free time in her wardrobe and enjoying the chance to show off the stuff she takes for granted. She is in very good health so all the activities that she wants to do but is to inhibited or scared of would be the top of my to do list.
    But at the end of the set time I feel sure I would be a lot better CD'er when I switched back and have a completely different view of what and how I want to do, but not the look I like.
    To just be "a woman" is something I could enjoy through the exploration phase but I would quickly miss my life and the things that make me what and who I am.

I wish i was born a girl,then life would of been so much easier

I'm confused about a lot of things, but I think on this one that I want to look like a girl (sometimes), not be a girl. I've never felt uncomfortable in my male body (other than needing to exercise). For me, temporarily looking, acting, and being treated like a girl is an experience I really enjoy.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Without the assistance of my dear late wife, I cannot look like a girl!! She had the ability to do my makeup and my wig so that I really did look feminine! I can't do those things well at all so I don't even try. But I do like to crossdress, so I do!! Just a man in feminine clothes!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

I want to dress like a girl, looks don't matter that much any more.
    DonnaT

If you wanted to separate the forum members into two groups by asking just one question, that would be the one. There is such a fundamental difference between wanting to be a girl and just wanting to look like one. For me, just looking like one.

I want to look like one and be whipped for not actually being one
    Lisa

I will never look like a female but that has not stopped me from wanting to be a real one but now I have other priority's in my life so I will just be content to feel the way I do and except that it will never happen .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

I want to be a girl!! I would love to have the chance to actually be a girl for a day just to see what it is actually like and if it as exciting as it looks!

I have trouble cause I want to be both. But not like now, but both fully. I could do the obvious and grow or add to my hair. Curl the rest of it. I want to be fully and wholly me. I am not being selfish cause the girl in me is out now so she isn't going anywhere. My male self isn't going any where, I will be both I am naturally loving person. Though the easiest is to look like a girl and be a man. I just need the girl to be all man, weird but true.

Ta Ta

Tess
    [COLOR="blue"]Contessa Marie D

I'm TG. A fem-male so I look male sometimes.

Dressing is necessary, the type of clothes you wear not so much.

This above all to thy own self be true!

Makeup addict!
    I want to look like a girl

Sometimes I wonder what it would have been like if I was female. Mostly though I just want to look like one sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    If you wanted to separate the forum members into two groups by asking just one question, that would be the one. There is such a fundamental difference between wanting to be a girl and just wanting to look like one. For me, just looking like one.
    OK, So here is where I am going to show how greedy I can be. My ultimate choice would be a hermaphrodite, with complete working parts for both. I would be able to live and experience everything this world has to offer. I remember reading a fiction set in the dark ages with this story line, i was fascinated. Nicole, I guess there could be more groups out there. No need to separate, we seem all about combining.

At my age I will settle for looking like a woman (a girl would be too hard...lol).
    Had I had all this information and support groups available to me when I was 18 then who knows where I would be today...
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Definitely in the "want to be a girl" camp on this one...Been working with my therapist to try and make it happen!

Aspiring Member

Just look like one

At almost 66 any thought of a physical transition would be unwise. I'll have to settle for just looking like a woman. However if anyone has any polyjuice potion... Reality unfortunately trumps fantasy in the end.

Hugs,
    Sandra1746

Well I am a girl but I look like a boy right now.
    But seriously shocking statements aside. I would like to be completely female, I am not so good at being a man anyway. But my life continues in the male way. These last few years my eyes are opening up to possibilities. Possibly Maybe. My religious and conservative back round freezes me, I am scared.
    As I am realizing that when one sits on the fence, one gets a bloody crotch.
    Doesn't have to be a fence. Many of you think yourselves right over the obstacles.
    Or just do not take gender so seriously, just have fun dressing up.............
    polythene pam

Chelsea Von Chastity gender_blender's Avatar
    I need to be a sexy girl.

I want to be a girl, but I have to many body issues that can not be overcome. Maybe in my next lifetime.