Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So tell me a story... who was the first person you told about CDing??

I'm sure I have been dressing since diapers. The first person I told was my girlfriend at age 22 after that I told other girlfriends right off the bat in case things got serious. I told my wife right off the bat also. I told her this so there would be no dirty little secrets I would carry around.

Actually told?
    My girlfriends who was to become my wofe of 20+ years (so far). Others found out or knew... but she was the first i talked to. Wow, she was, and still is, supergirl.

My ex girlfriend, in 1987 or so. She liked it when I'd wear stockings, garters and heels to bed, but didn't want to be seen with me dressed outside the house, and wasn't all that crazy about my going out on my own either. We broke up for entirely unrelated reasons (involving my ex-best male friend ... you fill in the details).

Another girlfriend, in 1997 -- the relationship did not survive the night I told her.

Since then, thousands of people have seen me out and about, but it's still kinda lonely sometimes.

- Diane

The first person I told was my father, but that was because I stumbled onto some incriminating evidence thus I had to reveal not of my own volition, and even then he didn't know the full depth because at the time was deep in closet.

It was more than eight months when I actually disclosed to someone unprompted.

It was two good friends who own a small boutique near where I live. I've known them for a decade. I shopped there often, usually when I was in a relationship with a woman and wanted to get her something sexy. They specialized in classy, elegant lingerie, their hosiery selection was to die for. Just a fun nice little shop. If you wanted it they could get it.

But they didn't know that sometime I was buying sexy things for me... Or so I thought they didn't know.

It was late January when I was there. First time since I had a major clarity moments a decide to be honest and open about being a CD. I had done it on and off since I was 11. After years of blocking it out, I decided to embrace it instead.

I was looking for something cute when I decided to just reveal it. I was very nervous when I told them both the real story.

"Sometime when I get stressed out I dress like a girl."

I expected "Get out of our store and never come back you perv."

The actual response was a lot of giggling and big hug. "We knew it!" they both said.
    "Honey we knew years ago, and don't worry. You're not the only man who comes in this shop for himself. We cater to girls like you."

The day ended with me getting a real bra fitting, ordering a new wig, breast forms and a sexy black shaper.

Three weeks later, my breast forms came in. C cups with a flesh tone match that was perfect. I tried those on with a sexy shaping white lace longline bra and felt instantly feminine. It was truly a new beginning, and my relationship with them became closer for it.

Not every "come out" moment since has been positive. I haven't lost any friends due to it, but generally there has been more disapproval than approval. But the first was very positive and has given me motivation to continue embracing this part of me.

Platinum Member
    My younger sister. I was 18 and she was 16. She noticed some of her things were missing.

Gold Member
    Well,taking it literally, I didn't tell my wife since she knew from the beginning. So I would say her two best friends. We told one together and she wanted to see all of my "stuff" and asked where all my sequin dresses were. The other my wife told over the phone. So I sent her texts to which she responded "That's awesome!". She is still one of our closest friends and a big supporter.

When I was 5-6, there were no other boys in my neighborhood my age to play with & the older boys did not want a little kid to be with them. So I played with my older sister & the other girls in the area. We played all girl games including dressup, so I was hooked early in life. I never gave up dressing. I told my sister later in life about my dressing & she thought I made up a story. She realized after a while I was not joking. Now she feels guilty about getting me hokked.

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EjayeCD View Post
    When I was 5-6, there were no other boys in my neighborhood my age to play with & the older boys did not want a little kid to be with them. So I played with my older sister & the other girls in the area.
    There were other boys in my neighborhood, but they were not enthusiastic about me playing with them. I ended up spending time playing with my (older) sister and her friends, who might not have considered me to be "part of the group", but were at least tolerant of having me around. No dress-up, though.

I told a woman who I was having a casual relationship with. We had some fun with it but its not a sexual thing for me so it didnt go very far. I had been dressing for about 15 years.

Hmmm. I don't remember for sure. It was probably my wife but I don't think it was "Hey guess what? I like dressing in women's clothes" I know it was a lot more subtle. Maybe more like " I wish I could wear a skirt" and her answer was "then do it".

When I got serious about it I told the guys at StudioLites because I knew they would help, and they did. They made a caterpillar a butterfly. At the same time frame I told my GF on line because she wanted to meet and get together and I knew it could be a deal breaker. She was very accepting and we went out as GF's many many times. She always told me I was beautiful when I dressed. After that, no one was safe
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

First wife, reason, seemed like the right thing to do, she disagreed, that's why she is first wife. I had been dressing around 15 years at the time. I've only told two other people in my whole life.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

I wanted badly to be a fulltime guy in drag so I told my Mom not long after high school and she just fried. At about the same time I told a freind who was kind of a Lesbian/Transman and she/he was very supportive and wanted me to come over to her apartment so she could style my hair and do my makeup! I lost track of her not long afterward. A few more years went by and I told a freind of mine who was kind of a biker type. He started hitting me up for sex. I've done it with guys a few times but this guy simply didn't turn me on and he moved and I let the freindship drop off. I was the most pleased when my soulmate from 8th grade summer school in 1969 accepted it totally and we shopped together and she let me dress at her place and stay for up to a week or more.

The first person was my SO of 5.5 years. I told her about 1.5 years into our relationship prior to moving in together full time. She is accepting, not encouraging, but accepting.

I told my 2nd wife,this was about 12 yrs ago. The pressure to tell someone was killn me! When I told her, you would have thought that I shot the president, then Ihad to answer all the questions, etc. We remained married another year and ahalf. My third wife is very supportive and encourages me to dress

My girlfriend was the first to know. I felt that I had to tell her at some point since she's the one who I want to spend my life with. At first she was curious as to how I'd look so she went along with it and helped me get my first set of female clothes. She assumed it was a one time thiing but I explained to her that I've been dressing up since junior high. I've been doing it in the house and this would be the first time I dress out in public. She was worried that I wanted to be a female. I tried telling her that I only like wearing the clothes because I find it fun and it feels comfortable. I tried explaining to her that it most likely won't be the last time but it won't be an everyday thing. She didn't take that too well. She thinks that I want to be a female and that I'm some weirdo who likes to wear womens clothing. We're still together but it seems that she mayb need sometime to take all this in. She does treat this as some sort of mental issue and that I'm not normal. But because I love her I tried to convince her that that isn't the case it is quite normal and she should do a bit of reasearch on it. But whether she does or not I'm prepared for tthe day she's ready to break up because of it.

After her I told my closest friendsand even showed them. They were all weirded out by it as well but learned to accept it. They all treat me no different because of it. We're all still friends but I don't dress up around them.

Then I told my mom and my brother. They were surpisingly very accepting of it. They figured as long as I was happy and am not hurting anyone or myself, there"re no problems with it. My mom just wants me to be careful since people can be assholes and may try to harm me.

Lastly my grandmother caught me dressed up. Like an idiot I fell asleep while dressed and she woke me up in shock. She thought I was drugged or out prostituting. I was EXTREMELY embarassed and didn't even know what to say initally. I just told her that I went to a costume party and was too tired that I fell asleep. She figured that miss girlfriend waaay too much (we're in a long distance relationship, but for other reasons). But she brushed it off and just said she hopes its the last time while also complimenting my heels.

This all happened over the months. I'll continue dressing since its who I am regardless of what people say. (v^-^)

Though a couple of people are in the know about this side of me, I've never willingly told anyone.

At about 12 years old, a female friend of mine and I were hanging at her apartment (our mom's were friends too) and he mom had just started to let her wear light makeup and she always wanted to practice on me and up to that point I always said no.

I finally relented and by the and of the day we had both dressed up in her mom's things and had a good laugh!

I decided to tell her about that I had does this many times before at home alone and it brought us much closer. She loved the idea that she could share girl things with me.

We never had a chance to do this again and we drifted away in our early 20's.

The nice thing is that after 30 years we hooked back up through facebook but that "girl" time was never mentioned.

It is still a great memory.

Banned Read only
    I told my first girlfriend very early into our relationship.

After a quick laugh from her, she happily dressed me up in her things.

I have never told anyone, willingly that is... my wife caught me recently because I'd fallen asleep at the computer, probably due to my excess drinking.... which has resulted from way too many stressors on my plate, of late. She seemed shocked, and I nastily told her I'd been cross-dressing since I was a kid. We've been having some issues in our relationship and I at first thought this would be the final straw even though we've been together over 30 years. She chose to not mention it, at least not regularly. It does come out when she's pissed with me, which unfortunately is way too often right now. We have serious financial issues due to a recent job loss which has seriously strained our abilities to keep our house and maintain our relationship.

My daughter also caught me recently... she's 20 and came into the house unexpected by me when I was dressed. She immediately left the house but hasn't brought it up again with me ... and it's been 3 to 4 months now.

Only my son doesn't know but I think he would be accepting. I'll never tell him, but my daughter might. I still can't give any of them a rational explanation of why I cross-dress, but whatever happens.... I truly feel my best when I'm dressed and I'm not stoppin any time soon.

The cat has known for years.... lol. He's cool about it.

Cheers to all you other 'ladies'... for understanding, and for your support. This web site has allowed me to finally talk about it... which is very therapeutic.

Love u all....

Banned Read only
    I don't know if I would characterize my first revelation to my wife as cross dressing, i.e., emulating a woman. It was mutual bedroom play. I told her I like the feel of the nylon lingerie/gowns. We ended up exploring nylon nightgowns, stockings and garter belts. We shopped together for several of them. When our first child was born, she asked me not to wear them to bed because the crib was in our bedroom- ok, no problem. She soured on the deal when it became apparent there was much more to my desires than nightgowns. Finding a red bra really turned her off, since, as she said, I have nothing to pack into it. I have not revealed myself to anyone else, but, who knows?

The only other person who knows is my wife. I told her before we got married as I felt it was best to be "straight" from the start. I had been crossdressing for over 20 years at this point. Luckily she accepted me for what I am. I would not have wanted to tell anyone else.

A girl at work figured me out, after spending too much time commenting on her outfits, pretty purses, makeup and such. One day she took me aside and asked if I was wearing makeup. [Just foundation and powder]. I got the courage to say YES. Her eyes lit up and she stated "You wear woman cloths too don't you." That was a while back and she became my makeup and fashion coordinator after that. She has changed jobs and I haven't seen her for a while.

Lol I was spotted wearing make up too at work, though I wasn't asked if I dress up. It's probably implied or the just don't care. One girl though at my job gives me make up advice which is cool.

My old girlfriend. She saw women's clothes in my closet and thought I was seeing another woman. When I told her they were mine, she asked to see me dressed. We were able to share clothes after that. It's a wonderful experience to see some one else wearing your clothes.

I think the first person I shared it with was my SO. It was kept a secret before that. Except for a couple of times when I did it for fun (even though it was more than that from my point of view). She is so open minded. We never really talked about it, it just got involved in the relationship. At that point I became more open about it and she loves it. She helps me with advice and encourages me to be me. She wants me to be happy with who I am and I couldn't love her more for it. I'm lucky to have her and I wish everyone here had such supportive partners as I see posts where some don't :-(

Hugs
    Mikayla x