Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So tell me a story... who was the first person you told about CDing??

Question So tell me a story... who was the first person you told about CDing??

Who was the very first person you told about CDing and why did you tell them?

And how long were you dressing when you decided to share it with someone?

The first person I told was my name ex girlfriend. I had only been dressing for about 2 or 3 years at the time. While she at first said I was brave for telling her and she still accepted me, she treated it more like a drug addiction that I had to try and ween myself off of forever. Eventually we broke up (although it had little to nothing to do with CDing) and I am far happier several years on with my current partner
    Bi-Gendered, Goth/Metal Fan, Atheist, Artist and British

I can't say that I told them, because we did it together. My first wife! A fun thing that got out of hand, LOL!

Gold Member
    Well it was my first wife; I was into wearing girdles and all in ones back then.
    She would have nothing to do with it. We divorced.
    Then 15 years later I met my now wife, and about 1 month into dating I brought up the
    subject in a suttle way.
    3 weeks later, she asked me to put on a dress, since I only had skirts and tops, I did
    that instead. We where married about 6 months later, and been for over 18 years.
    Rader

My wife, a few months after we married, after she shaved my legs and dared me to put on pantyhose.
    DonnaT

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    I don't remember. I started going out in public and shopping for myself 3 weeks after I realized I was a cross-dresser, so it could have been any of a number of store clerks. By the 2 month mark I invited myself to the local cross-dressing group (though for months I introduced myself as "anonymous".)

The first person "that I knew" (i.e., a friend of mine) that I told, was an ex-coworker and good friend who happened to be back in town for an evening: I showed up for our dinner wearing a jeans skirt. The first thing she said to me was, "Well, congratulations!"

I haven't had any difficulty yet, other than my mother wondering why I can't explore my gender while still being a guy. A bit disappointing, but I know it was said out of love and concern, not out of rejection.

My girlfriend who I later married, and been together 28 years. Just last year I told my sister; she said she wasn't surprised...always knew I had a soft spot for girly things.

Jennifer

I finally told a co-worker, she was always pestering me to tell her my secret, maybe she already knew. Things haven't changed between us and she is still a great friend. Come to think of it, she is my best friend, I live alone and have a very much solitude life and since telling her I have wanted to tell others, but I dare not.
    Susan

My wife and then you.

Almost a year ago now I first told the girl I was dating at the time. She knew there was something I wasn't telling her, and she eventually got it out of me. Fortunately it went over well and now whenever I come home she tells me that she can't wait to see Alice too.

First wife, who insisted we go to counseling/therapy so I could be cured. I went, hoping she would eventually accept. She divorced me because I am a crossdresser. So much for better or worse.

I "outed" myself here on the forum only, if that counts. Haven't told anyone else yet. I'm still in my "discovery phase."

Told my best friend about 3 months ago...what was supposed to take about 10 minutes took almost 4 hours and it was such a great decision. She was and still is wonderful about it and has been such a source of support for me.

Never took the step to tell anyone about my CDing. Got into trouble at 15 (CD related). Had to see a psychiatrist and a therapist. I never talked about my CDing with them. People knew I CDed but I didn't talk about it. Two months before our marriage my wife found out about my CDing and we talked. Thats really the first time I ever talked to anyone about my CDing. Except for here I don't communicate with anyone concerning my CDing

My wife after she found some panties I hid away.

Well when i was a teenager, i told my minister at my church, i was worried about myself and need to talk to a person that i could trust, he asked the first question you might think about, after that he told me i was young and i will grow out of it and find a girl to spend my life with, I did find the girl, and happy with her, but i haven't grow out of loving being a girl also.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    The first person was my wife, 3 months after I started dressing. That was 4 months ago, and we are working through it.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

I'm kind of like Sandra-Leigh in that I let a myriad of sales clerks knew I was shopping for myself. Next would be a couple CDs I had met through random groups and went out with a few times. After that, it was my wife whom I had been dating for about 6 months at the time. It really weirded her out at first but she's fine with it now.

One weekend I went enfemme to a drag show in Reno. When I returned to my home my friend Steve kept hounding me for information on my weekend. When I tired of his continual questions I decided to tell him the truth. His reaction was great it was as if he had received a strong blow to his head. My brother's reaction was quite similar. Everyone else I've told has accepted the news quite calmly.

Around 1978-79 a had a gf that told me she was bi within a week of meeting her. This made me feel it was safe to tell her. I told my sister shortly after that, and also shared it with every woman since that I became serious with. But my bi girlfriend is the only one that ever supported my CDing.

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    My wife was the first person that I told.
    Dana Ryan

Miriam
    No one for 48 years. Then three and a half years ago I told my girlfriend, about a month after we met. A year later we were married, and she's still very supportive.

I got a massage with my thong on. Also my therapist.

I told my little sister first. I think I had been dressing for about 16 years at that point.
    - Natalie

P.S. that's what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R where eliminated.
    -Mitch Headburg

"If you think you think outside the box, you're trapped in one"
    - M.C. Paul Barman

My TS friend. After swearing to myself numerous times I would take it to the grave with me I told her within 30 minutes of chatting with her. This was about 29 years after dressing on and off.