Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: But Why Do We Purge ?

Purging

Over the years of hiding my collection I have purged mainly thorugh guilt and fear of being found out.

Funny thing is, I told my wife about three months ago and after some concerning moments she accepted gradually. Now half my drawer is full of panties and she and I shop together. I even noticed yesterday there are more girls pants than boys pants!!

ctcd

wow

This has been extremely informative. I have purged for years. Guilt and fear being the main reasons. Also, I go for periods of not needing to dress. It is nice to know (in a selfish way) that I am not the only purger. I haven't purged since I moved last year, but I don't have many goodies either.

CTCD

Well I purged many times over the years until i realized that Karren is part of me and is not going away!!! And i just need to deal with her and get on with life!! and I'm having a great time! So stop pruging and get on with your life as it was supposed to be, not how others would have you pidgeon holed!!!!!

love Karren

Haley Pink~

Hmmm?

I'm with Karren on this one!
    Haley

Oh, I've definitely purged. I've thrown clothes out, donated them to the salvation army, left them in church clothing dropboxes, etc. And I've tossed some fabulous stuff, too (though there's probably some CD out there who bought it all up at the thrift store, which is some consolation, I guess).

I live alone, so there's no fear of being caught, really. I have a long and drunken history of going back and forth about this whole thing. The major reason I purged was financial--I just couldn't afford clothing and hobbies for two people, especially since, you know, you can never have enough shoes. And skirts. And panties.

During college--and just after--I purged for more psychological reasons: "what am I doing?" "what's wrong with me?" "I can't keep this up, it's just unhealthy," and so on. I'm over that now. I've learned (via the "Do Things The Expensive Jiera Way! Plan) that, even if I'm not dressing regularly, I will eventually, and that it's more expensive in the end for me to purge.

Ji

Guilt, emotional turmoil, a desire to "fit in".

Why some of us purge?

I can only answer for me but I have purged to try starting fresh and repress the cd desire.

I have purged when my mother was dying, when I was preparing for marriage, and when my wife was pregnant.

Those were major turning points in my life.

As mentioned in a recent post I am currently partially purging but keeping the clothes I need to have.

They are my security blanket.

emmi

Smile Have I purged

Dear Kim,

Yes I have purged more than once. The reason denial and wanting to be a normal person. Out love for my wife and out shame of getting caught with red tonails. Did'nt purge so dramatic like you but I'm not like you all the time dressed up. I would that could be my lifestyle to. Please do'nt purge again its a betrayal of your own beeing. Noticed your new picture, looks good.

Love and XX
    Lotte

Purging

I totally agree with ctcd i am much the same way
    Forever In Slips

The reasons that I have purged in the past are much the same as everyone else, guilt and fear of being found out. I can't see that it will happen again though. I have told my wife everything about me, and I have totally accepted that is who I am.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"