Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Walking Advice?

2. Women's foot strike isn't on their heels. That would grind their stilettos down to pencil nubs fairly quickly. Instead, they tend to land on their midfoot, or in high heels, much more on their toes.
    This. Is. INSANE. High heels with a stiletto heel were invented (by a man) in the 1950's or thereabouts. I can GUARANTEE you that women walked femininely before that.

Good golly. Please tell me the above quote was a joke and my humor is just broke. Today...

I tend to step with my heel first, the rest of my foot hits down pretty well right away. It's not a right angle foot but it is not a toe first either.

Blimey a lot more to take in than yesterday lol, maybe I'll just sit down from now on 0_0
    Bi-Gendered, Goth/Metal Fan, Atheist, Artist and British

Hi,

Two details , when we did the slow march our band millitry , we put the front of our feet down first, the heel did not hit the ground till after,

When standing ready to play at a standing not at ease or at a ready to march we had our left foot heel close to the middle of our right foot with our body weight on our right foot. i do the same, some times when standing waiting .

Now a tall women does not take short steps or stride while walking unless her dress or skirt is close fitting or the hem is so narrow she would fall over.

Because so many of our women are taller & some a bit heavyer in propotion to height of cause they will carry thier weight differently thats a difference between shorter & taller women & even men are much the same just a different style of walk.

Tho many men are heaver they walk differently as well. as said look about your self when out then come back & tell us what you saw,

...noeleena...

Seems to me just like guy's women do not all walk alike, some move very graceful and some lumber along. But if you are looking for a real sexy walk, in some like it hot, Marilyn Monroe, shaved a fraction off the bottom of one heel, and that gave her the cutest little wiggle when she walked. For me i just shorten my stride, and keep my elbows close to my side, and feet that land very close to the same line I'm on, seems to look decent, and I don't stumble.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

This is a frequently-asked question and one common recommendation is to play with the following:-
    http://www.biomotionlab.ca/Demos/BMLwalker.html

It works very well and clearly highlights the differences between a male and a female walk.

Hannah

It's kind of a combination of the physical and mindset. In the physical, you need to remember that women tend to walk from the hips and one foot in front of another is the ideal way but not always possible. In the mindset, you tell yourself to walk like a woman. Watch how genetic women walk and try to do that. The point is if you believe you can do it, you can. One thing that helped me immensely was learning to shake my booty on the dance floor. It pretty much becomes automatic then and when I'm in femme mode nowadays, I don't even have to think about it any more, it's automatic.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Babeba View Post
    This. Is. INSANE. High heels with a stiletto heel were invented (by a man) in the 1950's or thereabouts. I can GUARANTEE you that women walked femininely before that.

Good golly. Please tell me the above quote was a joke and my humor is just broke. Today...

I tend to step with my heel first, the rest of my foot hits down pretty well right away. It's not a right angle foot but it is not a toe first either.
    Maybe the question they are asking isn't how WOMEN walk, but how BARBIE walks

Me thinks some people's view of women comes from America's Next Top Model and not the other 99% of the female population.
    Last edited by Bree-asaurus; 04-26-2012 at 11:33 AM.

Banned Read only
    Without checking to see if anyone else has posted, I recommend hitting YouTube/Internet. There are many fine instructional videos for appearing feminine. There are several for walking in heels; proper sitting (eg., hands folded in lap, legs crossed at the knees), general deportment. I think we all remember the classical scene where a boy trying to catch a ball when sitting draws his legs together, while a girl would spread her thighs to catch the ball in the skirt of her dress (Tom Sawyer). There's much more to appearing feminine than just the walk.

I have a full length mirror placed so I can watch myself moving through the kitchen and dining room of my home. When out walking in the evening darkness I have to remember to NOT strut like a guy in a hurry. That looks totally awkward.

Shoes, a woman's passion! debbeelee1's Avatar
    I don't know if this was mentioned earlier, but when you stand up to walk somewhere, pause for a moment to think about your walking before you go traipsing off in guy mode! I know this helps me!
    Hugs and kisses,
    Debbee!

Quote Originally Posted by Bree_K View Post
    All I know is that when I was pretending to be a guy, I would notice that men would walk with their shoulders... putting the emphasis of their stride there... I guess to make them look big and hulking.
    [SIZE=3]This is so true and if you want the perfect example of this then watch an episode of Star Trek - The Next Generation and watch Commander Riker walk.
    If that's not the epitome of leading with your shoulders and trying to accent your stride then I don't know what is. Personally I prefer to walk like Dr. Beverly Crusher (and I love her hair)....
    [/SIZE]
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    LOL...we all just LOVE this topic! Every time it comes up we have a go at it because our own experiences are linked to movement so closely.

My best description is that it's almost like dancing, leading with the thigh. That biomation site is a good one! By leading with the thigh, one has to take smaller steps, has to place one foot in front of the other, and the whole body gets involved with every step. The look and feel are incredibly feminine.

Heels have been around for a while (with the fashion being for men every century or so), but their history is not important. The important point is that heels help train your body to walk in a feminine way. The higher the heel the harder it is to walk as a guy!

Have fun!

tina

Gold Member
    I always love this one because it shows that no two people view a women's walk the same way. Why? Because women walk a variety of ways. My favorite hint (for chuckles) that I have heard is to walk like you have a quarter between your butt cheeks and can't drop it.

I subscribe to letting your body do its thing and take out the man parts. So I slow down and take everything in and that works for me as I am naturally a fast walker. After that, just relax and you will be fine.