Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MY SO wants to know???? Sleeping dressed

MY SO wants to know???? Sleeping dressed

My SO wonders why I don't change when I go to bed. She feels I should take off the dress or skirt/ top. I usually will lose the shoes sometimes during the night but they will be under the covers waiting for me at first awakening. She tells me it is hard on the dresses or whatever I have on. Does this happened to any one else? I love it and don't plan to quit anytime soon.

Banned Read only
    sleeping with your clothes on? I dunno, that's a bit out there. why not just get a cute babydoll nightie or something?

Aligning her body & soul sierra_g's Avatar
    There are a lot of cute girls jammies at the stores. I so wish I had some when I see them.

Wow! That be different! I have been drunk enough a few times to sleep in my clothes! Other then that I see no reason to do it! Unless you prefer your clothes to be winkled, torn, stain and smelly! But then I guess if you never take them off you can wash them while taking a shower! I myself am a little old fashion! I prefer a nightgown in bed! But what do I know!!! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

I have a bunch of pj bottoms I have bought at thrift stores that have me covered through the night. I must agree with your SO, unless passed out drunk or dead tired, none of us sleep in our work or out for the night clothes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

Clothes aren't for sleeping. Nightgowns are for sleeping, and they feel very nice.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I have to agree with the others. While I may understand some reluctance to part from your feelings of girlyness, you should really hang your skirts and dresses up in the closet and wear a pretty nightgown to bed. Apart from keeping your day clothes fresher, you will also look forward more to going to your closet in the morning to select your pretties for the day.

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    I'm with everyone else and wear a pretty nighty to bed.
    Dana Ryan

I am in the closet so wearing my dresses to bed doesn't seem to make much sense, even if I wasn't in the closet they wouldn't. Like other have stated, they make a lot of different sorts of lingerie and the like for sleep time that would probably be a lot more comfortable.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    OK, lets address the first thing. Your SO lets you wear your female attire to bed. That in itself is so wonderful. Give her a big hug from me. I totally understand the unwillingness to take off female clothing, even for a short while, they are wonderful. However, you have permission to wear your woman' clothes to bed. There are so many sexy slinky silky things that can be worn to bed, I would give my left one (hell....both) to be able to wear a robe or babydoll or anything to bed. A lot of them are even great to wear around the house during the day. Buy something and try it, you'll like it. Get a breast form with adhesive and use them if you want to keep your forms on.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Platinum Member
    I wouldn never consider sleeping in my clothing. that's what nighties are for.
    Last edited by kimdl93; 04-25-2012 at 09:57 AM. Reason: tangled fingers

Quote Originally Posted by DanaR View Post
    I'm with everyone else and wear a pretty nighty to bed.
    I totally agree .
    Kristy
    This is my Facebook page

New Member from Scotland paulinescotlandcd's Avatar
    Not very comfortable. Just buy nice couple of sets of nightwear, day clothes were not designed to be worn to bed, you will ruin them.

This just shows to go ya, that we have a really diverse group of people here. Shoes in bed is a trip though, they are dirty and the heels would be really hard on the sheets. One advantage is that if there is a disaster you will be dressed and ready to go
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Aspiring Member Silentpartner GG SO's Avatar
    I would probably punch my husband in the eye if he even suggested wearing girly day clothes to bed - in our house no girly clothes are allowed in the bed full stop - no nighties/negligee's for him. He likes to sleep naked anyway, as do I. Sleeping in day clothes is just minging.

Just a girl at heart too Kerigirl2009's Avatar
    I don't think I could sleep dressed, especially with shoes on. But I could definately wear a bra, panties and a cami to bed or even a nighty. Sadly I am not allowed to wear those to bed, except the panties as long as they are under my sleep shorts
    Last edited by Kerigirl2009; 04-25-2012 at 10:08 AM. Reason: misspelling
    I wish I had the courage to just be myself and live my life how I want

Ok seeing as no one else has asked I'm going to, do you get changed and into fresh clothes when you get out of bed or do you stay in the same clothes?
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

For me if I were sleeping in a dress or skirt I probably didn't mean to and I'm probably going to get in trouble XD

I agree with others that it's unusual, but I think that if you love it who cares? It's only potentially hurting the clothes and the sheets, and those can always be replaced (an excuse to go shopping more often?). You say you don't plan on stopping anytime soon, so just keep on enjoying it!

I suppose that if it's a big deal with your SO then that's something you have to figure out so as not to get punched in the eye or anything. Or if replacing and/or cleaning the clothes and sheets is eating into your budget.

Miriam
    Naked or nighty are just fine - even guy jammers at times. But dressing in day clothes ... I don't think so. It'd be like wearing my work clothes to bed.

Miriam

There was a time when the wife was away and I'd try sleeping fully dressed. NOT the best way to get to sleep! Now I sleep in a bra and nightie -- nice and comfy -- and my wife likes the softness!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

.............Whatever...............Debra

Nancie it sounds like you love your outfits. But enough to sleep in them? That could ruin them, I doubt if you sleep in your guy clothes.

The wife has a good point, wtf is correct. Get some nighties or comfie sleepwear.

I'm going to go the other way here and fully agree with Nancie. I sleep with my fem clothes on all the time. Sure I do have some of what would be considered feminine sleepwear too, but the opportunity to dress for somebody closeted and a single parent is so rare that I cherish the time I can spend in a dress, or blouse with skirt, pantyhose or garterbelt/stockings, bra with cheap inserts for breasts, and yes even heels, while sleeping. Just about every night I can be "Karen", and of course "Karen's" stuff fills the majority of my suitcase when I go away and stay in hotels. I buy my shoes 1/2 to 1 size larger to account for the slight expansion of the feet while sleeping. The heels have never done any damage to my sheets because the point of the heel is not digging directly into the sheet (I'd have to STAND on the bed to accomplish that! ). But I would never feel totally feminine if I was decked out but in stocking feet, if you girls know what I mean!

If you are in the closet, who cares if you wake up and your dress is wrinkled? You're going to wash it anyhow. If you are "out" and will be leaving the house next day, why wouldn't somebody wear something else? Who would wear yesterday's clothes anyhow?

So this may not be for some of you, but it can be for some... just as is your choice of clothes when you dress during the day. Nancie, go for it, and be happy your wife allows it. But the ill advice about doing damage to the clothes or the bed might be a sign she isn't 100% on board!

Karen

Sleeping fully dressed? And with shoes on? No... I can't imagine how uncomfortable that would make me feel. I wear the least amount in bed.

Are you just being prepared in case of emergency and you have to evacuate?????
    Buy some pretty nighties and enjoy that time of day also. You'll be surprised just how nice you will feel in something lacy or satiny.
    And yes, it's not going to do much good for your clothes sleeping in them, especially if you toss and turn like I do. You could end up ruining something before it's time.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !