Thread: Trying to write a few books....

Trying to write a few books....

I am an avid writer. I bet most did not know that about me. I don't really like to read, but I absolutely love writing. Currently, I am working on two books. I am writing one about my life, and how crossdressing has impacted my world. I am also writing an erotic fiction novel. What a mix, huh? While attending college, I would write erotic fiction about various things. I have completed a large section of this book, detailing an adventure of a crossdresser who takes things too far when given the opportunity to change his life by becoming a female to his specifications and wishes. I had tons of positive feedback from college classmates for the erotic writings I did while attending. My largest book was called "Nights of Royal Blood." Kind of a play on words. I even shared this as a class project for a writing class, but received criticism from the teacher for "too much detail." If I am taking you into that much detail, I believe the words are doing their job. It was 258 pages long.

I actually lost the book going through my divorce at an early age. My ex took everything, and this was one thing I did not get back. I wish I had the original, so I could get it published. Now, I am writing new works. My question is, would anyone find this interesting? An actual story of a crossdresser's life...and an erotic novel with crossdressing as the basis? Neither are named until they are completed.
    "If you think you can or can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Jessica,

Expressing oneself in any medium is a wonderful talent to portray. I would be happy to read any of your works. Also if your writings help all our sisters positively in this community it would be a plus. I hope your works do get published and you recieve a screenplay as well and make millions on your books.

Michelle

Platinum Member
    I'm sure that a novellized or biographical piece on life as a CD would be marketable. The erotic stuff - probably so as well. Have you considered marketing your work as an e book?

Jessica, congrats on writing the books. My daughter is an author. I think it would be wise to cut your teeth and hone your craft on short stories, first. CD fiction has a long history. I am not sure "fictionmania is still around, but there are many outlets for cd fiction. You can get an idea of who likes what and gather a following as your craft improves. Erotic cd fiction is still a tiny market. General fiction is a large market, but more competitive. So also try to get a few short stories published, or magazine articles, or try to get a big following on your blog. Then...pitch yourself to a literary agent.
    Good luck!

In edit: scroll down to take a look at the writers section on this site. Lots of valuable information and opinion.
    Last edited by JenniferR771; 04-25-2012 at 10:08 AM. Reason: ps

The internet is taking crossdressing mainstream. When I read the stories of people in their forties or older it is clear that they knew few others who crossdressed as they were growing up where it seems to be far more common among teens and those in their twenties to experiment with gender bending so I think the time is ripe for stories where crossdressing is woven into the story if you can humanize it and make it more than just sexual ( my opinion! ).

I write as a woman and have had some success at self publishing but I would recommend you try to take an interest in reading others work to deepen your understanding of story telling. You may want to start a blog and also follow others who are writing about subjects that also interest you. This will also help drive traffic to your site and give you feed back about what people find entertaining, writing is about testing the market to see what gets a reaction as much as a good story.You may want to start with short stories before jumping into a novel.

The beauty of writing is you can do it from anywhere in the world and the only limits are your own imagination, there are stories waiting to be written in every moment of the day if you see beyond the ordinary to the extraordinary. Good Luck Jessica !

Just a girl at heart too Kerigirl2009's Avatar
    I have been doing the same thing, writing a book about my life as a crossdresser. Not for publication but more to help me bring back some lost memories. Kind of a self therapy but I am on chapter seventeen at the moment talking about revealing myself as a crossdresser. I think these types of books are great and help people think about their own lives.
    I wish I had the courage to just be myself and live my life how I want

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    I'm sure that a novellized or biographical piece on life as a CD would be marketable. The erotic stuff - probably so as well. Have you considered marketing your work as an e book?
    Havent thought about doing that, but that's a good idea!
    "If you think you can or can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Aspiring Member
    I think that both would be very interesting reads......and I am not a book reader!

Trouble.. Yep thats me Beth Mays's Avatar
    When it come to writing fiction thare are 1000s of people that attempt it... just look at Facebook!
    Maximus Decimus Meridius (Gladiator):
    What we do in this life, echoes in eternity..

You can fine me here on Facebook!

There is a web site called fictionmania.tv [google it] that caters to TG fiction. All stories are donated to the site but owner retains copyright. Most are not serious writers. There is a lot of garbage on it. But there are some decent writers that donate their work. You just have to muddle through the garbage. The stories vary anywhere from G rated to XXX.

I know you said you are not a big reader but seeing others works has always helped me in my writings.