Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should I go?

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    I look at it this way, if you get all dolled up and go, no one probably will recognize you. If you go as a guy, you might be recognized.
    Dana Ryan

Glad to read that you decided to attend en femme. When I first read your post I could understand your apprehension about attending, however, sometimes we overreact to our own fears. And although you were pressed into helping out it sounds like you had an enjoyable time and put your fears to rest once and for all.
    If the clothes make the man then the makeup makes the woman.

Glad you had a good time, next time try a d duck out of at least half the volunteer work! Its good to help out, but you also need some time yourself to enjoy these events. CD/TG events are no different than any other, there will always be 15% of the people involved that will do 100% of the work!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Honestly, I'm not so irritated that I was asked to help out, but rather that it wasn't planned that way. I REALLY hate having things sprung on me like that. Had they asked earlier in the week for someone to do that, I'd have been happy to, if I was going into the event knowing that I was going for the purpose of working. And I certainly wouldn't have shaved everything south of my scalp, resulting in a week or so of pins and needles on my legs every time I get goosebumps until they heal.