Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In Uniform

In Uniform

A while back a friend an I were talking and I told her that I was feeling the need to dress, right then. So I went on to tell her that I was going to put on my nurses uniform with all the approperate extras. Shoes, white hose, lab coat and maybe the cap. She didn't quite understand the need for the costume part. And after a little thought I realized it was a tad on the fetish/fantasy side but not on a sexual level.

I thought about it for a while and soon realized that the uniform was a comforting feeling to me as an enviorment with in it's self. You see I was in uniform for over half my life/career. And now that I am retired from that field and no longer wear anything other than regular civilian attire. I miss the routine and order in a small way. See when you are in the same uniform day in and day out you don't have to worry about style or is this right with this or that or the other. And sometimes that is a stress relief but now for me it is just a comfort and happy memory.

With this said the traditional white dress and lab coat are very easy to wear, they are versital and feel and fit well. I have the nice shoes that are leather but have a athletic type sole and lining. They are perfect for anyone that is on their feet for long at the time. The uniform is nice and holds up well to wear also and is easy to get in and out of with the zipped front and tie-belt and short sleeves. When I do office work it is appropriate and when I do house work it is perfect.

The important thing is it makes me happy and I enjoy the time I wear it. And that is what I think crossdressing should do for everyone. There is many more types of uniforms out there that I would have a blast in but I haven't got them so until then I will enjoy the few I do have.

Do any of you endulge in this type of dressing? And do any of you think the causes I have stated are out of line or normal or just have any thoughts to add?

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Several times a year when my weight is low enough I will put on my waitress "uniform" of really tight shorts and shirt from a very popular chicken wing franchise (for indoor wear only, never to be worn outside!!). I do have a traditional nurse's uniform stuffed somewhere in my closet but have never gotten around to actually wearing it.
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

Except the uniform you describe is from the 1950s. All the nurses that I see at the veteran's hospital that I frequent wear modern medical scrubs with trousers (basically garments worn by both men and women (except for some certain colors and floral prints)).

I wear the "modern" uniform of scrub pants/tops at work, and they're comfortable. I have a few pairs of scrub pants that I would never wear to work (white, the material is nearly see through!) that I wear around the house for pajamas.

Comfort is definitely key, regardless of femme/drab appearance. I say, if it makes you comfortable and the uniform fits, wear it!

I used to wear my mom's traditional white nurse's uniform.
    I felt it was very feminine and also it gave me that little extra connection with her.
    I loved the white dress with the white stockings and shoes and the little cap.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I know the exact feeling, but it has nothing to do with crossdressing. I used to work on very large construction projects where wearing a hardhat was mandatory. I now have a hard time walking by a construction sight, no matter how small without feeling uncomfortable. It is even worse when I walk into new house construction bareheaded. Yes, it is comfort (internal) and security (from injury).

Quote Originally Posted by Jocelyn Quivers View Post
    Several times a year when my weight is low enough I will put on my waitress "uniform" of really tight shorts and shirt from a very popular chicken wing franchise (for indoor wear only, never to be worn outside!!). I do have a traditional nurse's uniform stuffed somewhere in my closet but have never gotten around to actually wearing it.
    I sure would just LOVE to see that ,, Wing out fit ? Yep I have a uniform that some schools an profestionals where from time to time to get the teams up on there feet an modivate them to victory ,,,If ya know what I meen ?
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    That uniform evokes thoughts of Florence Nightengale and a healing presence, which is what a nurse is supposed to do, and that is just another reason why wearing it makes you comfortable. Lots of plusses, and if it feels good, keep on doing it.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Trouble.. Yep thats me Beth Mays's Avatar
    I for one would love to have a uniform I LIKE to wear. A white dress/nurse uniform would be something I plan to try to find some day.
    I have been in UPS uniforms so long I have brown blood now.... and Thar's is nothing sexy (to me) about beeing in big browns uniforms... no matter how short the shorts are.
    Maximus Decimus Meridius (Gladiator):
    What we do in this life, echoes in eternity..

You can fine me here on Facebook!

Banned Read only
    Perhaps you can then go room to room giving lethal injections to patients like the nurse we had in Bethlehem, PA.
    Maybe giving enema's and drawing blood as well.
    I get so turned on by needles I studied to become a Phelbotomist and worked part time for Quest Diagnostics for 3 years drawing blood.
    There's something about watching blood flow from a human that's just delicious.
    When you play the part you really have to play it all the way.

Julia

I remember my mom's old nurses uniforms (from the 60's and 70's) they were white stiff cotton and of course i wore them on many ocassions .Wish i would of kept a few of them as she was in to the scrubs and pant suits by then and had the dresses stuffed in a spare closet
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

My mother was a nurse so the whole nurses uniform thing is just way to Oedipan for me!

Background on the uniform. The reason for the one piece white or pale coloured uniform and white hose had it's origin in cleanliness. Stains and marks are easy to identify on those colours and consequently the uniform would not be "clean", remembering that even well into the 1950's and 60's one of the biggest killers in hospital was infection. The reason for white was that it could be bleached clean (this also having an antibacterial and antiviral function). The reason for the cap was again cleanliness, even now after hands the hair is the most common source of infection and contamination.

No offence intended to the OP or anyone else but I find the whole uniform thing somewhat of a paradox. On the one hand a majority of CD's will cry out against prejudice and social stereotyping and yet on the other we embrace such stereotypes as the "nurse" or "maid". Is it the allure of a defined femininity. But a dress gives that. Perhaps it is the feminine role implied by the clothes reinforcing that expression of feminine characteristics? Hmm, don't really know.

Whatever the reason I don't think it is "out of line" per se. I do have concerns when the "uniform" borders on objectification and denigration of women but I don't sense that here.

Platinum Member
    Hi Franlee, I remember way back in the 50's one of my best friends mom was a nurse
    when she was dressed for work she looked the perfect lady the wite dress, hat white shoes and stockings
    and her cape.
    I will aways remember that she was a beautiful lady.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Perhaps it is because I'm only recently out of high school and am at a big football university, but I still have quite an attachment to cheerleader uniforms. They've always represented something feminine to me and I have been fascinated with them since I was a child. I can't wait to buy one at the end of this month!

Uniforms

The only uniform I ever wear is my French Maids dress Its part of my wife's "allowing" me to dress full time I have to do the housework cooking and cleaning etc while she sits back and enjoys herself.It also involves B&D which we both love
    Joanna maidjoanna
    Attached Images Attached Images

Uniforms can be very cool, I've always wanted a waves uniform. When I was in the navy, I always thought their uniform looked great.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

So....love the thread....but Julia, what's up with the lethal injection thing? Jeesh......!
    I KNOW there are a few of you out there who ARE nurses....as I am. And I did train when we all wore starched white cotton (OK, sometimes some poly!) uniforms and white Clinic shoes. I have always wanted to have a great (femme!) nurses uniform like that. Alas, it is a shame, everybody wears scrubs nowadays - including myself, but then again I work in an operating room........
    Not sure about the cap, but am working to get the pieces all together...and if a picture passes the self-critical test (very hard to do.....) I'll post it. Great thinking, franlee!!

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    I think 12 years of the military makes uniforms something I avoid like the plague. I enjoyed my time in the Air Force but not for me outside. Too much like function over form, plus I smelled of aircraft fuel and oil then.

I'll stick to everyday femme styles and be normal in my CD way,....if that's possible?
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

I was a ranking police officer for 30 years & sometime I wold underdress. My other favorite uniform was a french maid. Any other po's out there who dress?

Miriam
    I've never been a uniform wearer, so it's a bit hard to relate. But I understand how certain activities can resonate with a part of you that can't be explained readily.

But I have observed recently various professions where I've seen skirts worn regularly, and they're hard to come by. Nearly half of flight attendants on some airlines. Servers at Twisted Kilt (still need to take my teenager there just to watch his eyes pop out).

Historically, the WAC uniforms were pretty good (remember Cary Grant in "I was a Male War Bride"?). Meter maids when I grew up. If you want to feed the need, this might be another option.

Enjoy!

Miriam

only maids uniform for me i love it so does my wife because i do all the housework
    Attached Images Attached Images

Carbon-based Member eileendover's Avatar
    It's still possible to find a nurse dress uniform (not a costume):
    http://www.lydiasuniforms.com/scrubs...ip_front_dress
    Lydia's used to carry 2 or 3 styles just a couple years back - now just this one.

And another source with a few different styles:
    http://search.allheart.com/?query=nurse%20dress

And even harder to find, a nurse's cap:
    http://www.uniformcity.com/UniformCi...Nurses+Hat.jsp
    Last edited by eileendover; 04-27-2012 at 03:23 PM.

Banned Read only
    My ex girlfriend is a police lieutenant and a transitioned female.
    She is in a department in the Denver Co suburbs.
    She transitioned back in the early nineties before joining the force.

Julia

Quote Originally Posted by EjayeCD View Post
    I was a ranking police officer for 30 years & sometime I wold underdress. My other favorite uniform was a french maid. Any other po's out there who dress?
    @ Delight,

Perhaps this will enlighten you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Cullen
    Last edited by Julia_in_Pa; 04-27-2012 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alice View Post
    Perhaps it is because I'm only recently out of high school and am at a big football university, but I still have quite an attachment to cheerleader uniforms. They've always represented something feminine to me and I have been fascinated with them since I was a child. I can't wait to buy one at the end of this month!
    Love, love, love my cheerleader uniforms. You can pretty much any design from cheerleading.com's site, including whatever you want printed on the front. Order the catalog, or browse online. It took me a while to list all the options I wanted; but the uniform is really well made (will stand up to pretty much any activity, real cheerleaders are very tough on their outfits).

I also have a nurses uniform; a white dress style I purchased many years ago out of a nursing uniform catalog, cut just above the knee, zips up the back, I bought a name tag with my girl name and 'RN' at the end to wear on it, picked up a pretty white leather band watch and a nurses cap off of ebay. Ah, if dreams came true........
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

(Rant warning)

I'm perfectly accepting and fine with people wearing what they want, and emulating a profession that they admire and all that. I do military simulation as a hobby and wear full BDUs and loadouts. However, our rule for that is that you absolutely do not wear any patches, insignias, or emblems that you have not earned (which, incidentally, is actually illegal... it's called stealing honor and we have actually blacklisted people for doing just that). I've read the thread and, for the most part, am fine with it. One thing that bothers me is this:

I bought a name tag with my girl name and 'RN' at the end to wear on it
    Having gone through a nursing program, and knowing many others who have, and knowing the sacrifices that we make to follow our dream, this kind of grates on me. I remember the long hours of being at a clinical site just to go home and put in even more hours of reading, homework, and trying to get sleep for a test the next day, pushing my friends, hobbies, and family aside for over a year to have the right to just put "LVN" after my name (and I know the RNs have it much worse... my brother is 3 weeks from completing his last semester and I have problems getting him to spare 20 minutes to talk when I stop by to see how he's doing).

Sorry for the rant, but this just hit a sore spot with me. As I mentioned earlier in the post, emulating a profession we admire is great, but do the people you admire and emulate the greatest honor there is: don't diminish their achievements by just going out and purchasing what they've toiled for.