Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need a ruling on something :).

I need a ruling on something :).

I apologize in advance of the following question is dopey,

I went home to visit family for a week, which meant no dressing for the period of time. I really didn't think much of it when I was there, but by the time I returned home, I found myself missing my inner girl and thinking about her.

Is this normal?

I would say Hon. Putting any part of ourselves on the "shelf" for the convenience of others is hard sometimes. We would tend to miss that part, especially if it is near and dear to us.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

nothing is dopey here....and there isn't a silly question....soooooo my dear,it is very normal,enjoy it and embrace your inner girl......your good!

Its normal. Sometimes I even dream of her when I'm not her.

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Very normal, which is why I usually try and avoid going on vacations. It's getting harder and harder to part even for a week with the girl side.
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

It was actually a good time to reflect on a lot of things. What this is all about. Why I do it? Etc. One thing I've gathered is that this is a another creative outlet for my imagination. I love putting outfit together. At another level it's another piece of personality being expressed. I've always been a person of contradictions. I can be logical and gruff and at the same time, I tend to wear my emotions on my sleeve and so on. I like exploring the balance between both sides. It is scary at one level but exciting at another.

I came to a few decisions. One being that I will seriously consider going to a conference this year (Be All/Chicago). I came out to two friends while I was there. One was "okay, just don't mention it again" the other was "rock on! Got any pictures".

It wasnt a dominant theme of the week, but she is part of me and she was on my
    mind.

Thanks for all the wisdom I've gotten since joining this forum. I did a lot of reading through a lot of threads here this week. You can't begin to realize how much help and inspiration you've all given me

You're normal, just like the rest of us.
    Sometimes I was able to go for months without dressing and then Wham!!!!
    Now I dress every day and have trouble going a day without it.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Last time I was away for a week, without dressing, I had dreams of dressing, which I don't usually have.
    DonnaT

Sounds perfectly natural to me
    Bi-Gendered, Goth/Metal Fan, Atheist, Artist and British

Totally normal I would have to agree.

Yep, a new normal I'd say. I think 'bout it constantly.

Renne.....

Platinum Member
    The only rule is--is that there are no rules in this game.

Your normal is someone's fantasy
    your fantasy is someone's normal

it's who we are it's what we do.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

It's as normal as the beautiful smile in your avatar!
    Keep smiling for you are normal! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Definitely normal. I know exactly what you're going through and I think about it almost every night.

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Whenever one part of us is slighted, the other demands attention. It is just that the screaming female voice is so much more shriller that she downs out the lower male voice.......lol This is wonderful. It really shows an acceptance of the feminine self as a stand alone entity in your being. It does not need clothes, heels, lipstick to live. It is you!!! It is with you all the time and you must recognize that and take it with you forever. As you continue, you will find that it dominates less and less, but will become more and more of you.

I find that I need less and less of the outer trappings ( NO WAY I GIVE UP MY CLOTHES!!) to feel more and more of the inner Barbara, my newest friend. (No, I am not talking to myself...just yet)

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

That always happens when I go home to stay with my sister. I tone it down by cutting my long fingernails and wearing more masculine clothes. I enjoy the visit tremendously but do feel some anxiety after a few days of trying to be masculine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Senior Member Jacqueline Winona's Avatar
    If I'm the judge or juror, my answer is Yes! Absolutely! Positively! I go through this a lot, I don't get all that many opportunities to dress, but when I go without, I really miss my girl time.
    Last edited by Jacqueline Winona; 04-26-2012 at 12:45 AM.

Yes, yes, and yes! When I'm out and about with my grown kids or just doing stuff in male mode I don't think about Janelle mainly because she at least right now is not a option. But when it's been a busy week at the end of the week I need some Janelle time.
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom" Anais Nin.

Live, Laugh, and Love Yourself!

Miriam
    As the others have noted, this is very, very common for most of us. One way I've found to offset this is to include at least something feminine that I can wear during private times. If you at least stay in your own room you can wear a nighty or dress while sleeping or resting. If you're on the couch in the living room ... well, gives you a bit of motivation to not extend the trip.

Miriam

Yes it's normal. Just like girls that purge, they always get the desire to dress again.

I'm wishing to be her SANDRA MICHELLE's Avatar
    Totally normal, Itry to limit my non dressing to as short a period as possible cause I just can't stand it so ussually only go for at most a day. Of course I always underdress so I do get a slice of the girl in me but it's just not the same as when I wear heels, a skirt and top with a bra, you know what I mean.
    I want to be this girl!

It's one of those things, I can put on the shelve for long periods of time, and never give it a thought. But if I have to put it on the shelve, because of outside influences, in days, I will be thinking about Tina more and more, until, it will take over my time completely after awhile, until I can get back into a dress. But that does take a little longer than a week.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Chardonnay you don't need a ruling at all. I find it perfectly normal. Now, I don't think I'm normal though.lol. Lately it's on my mind constantly it seems.

No dopey questions Chardonnay!!
    But can you please define normal for me!!!! lol
    IF IT FEELS GOOD, DO IT!!

I dress everyday for my commute home,and I miss not dressing on the weekends! I also take a week or two off work once in awhile and I always miss dressing!!!You are sooo normal girl!!!