Thread: A Step Forward

Just getting my feet wet Marie-Elise's Avatar

A Step Forward

I was contemplating whether to share this at all here but it means a lot to me so I decided to do it.

Just a little background: my wife is accepting of my hobby but I don't do it much (maybe once monthly) because, well, I guess I still have some issues.

Anyway, my wife and I had been bickering a lot over the past few weeks because of work/life stresses and in that time, I had not dressed at all even though I am free to after the baby goes to sleep.

Last Sunday was espececially stressful for reasons I won;t go into here. But, in the evening, we decided to watch some TV together. I told her I was going to get dressed and she said OK so I did (black skirt, black top, garter belt, thigh highs and 3 inch pumps; no makeup and no wig).

We sat on the sofa and while sipping from glasses of prosecco, we started to talk and talked for about a half hour about why we were not so cool with each other lately.

To make a long story short, we talked and then kissed and watched our movie. Then we went upstairs to the bedroom and had an intimate time that was marvelous. This has always been my fantasy.

The next day, she said she enjoyed our night and our talk and that she really likes the feminine side of me. She said I listen to her and am less defensive. She also said I should dress more often.

So, last night, I told her I will dress more and she said it is fine with her.

I just consider this a step forward. This afternoon, she told me we should go shopping for bras that fit me together soon. She thought my one and only bra was way too tight on me.

OK. So I have this off my chest. I am taking her to a concert and drink afterward this weekend because...well, because I am so lucky to have married her.

I guess I will now get back to my regularly scheduled work. But I just had to post this because I feel so good about it. Besides, there is no one else except my wife that I am out to.

I know this sounds like bragging but, really, I am just so happy. Forgive me.

Audrey Michelle's SO
    Don't feel bad for sharing that story! It was a wonderful one! I am happy for you! I am also happy that you are rewarding her for her efforts! We LOVE getting rewarded!

Have fun at the concert! Who are you going to go see?
    Real Men (Among Others! ) Wear Panties

Excellent. Take it slow and be careful of the pink fog. Cherish her for being so accepting
    ​Cindy

WoW! Sounds like you are very lucky. BTW---do NOT apologize for this post, it is so ice to hear about a positive accepting spouse. I also have a terrific and accepting wife; it just took us a little longer to get there.
    Vicky

Great story, I think that is Awesome. Sounds like a lot of positive thinking to me.

You are and so am I to have this understanding. Go with it girl.

Congratulations. You are so lucky to find such a supporting spouse.

Platinum Member
    Its not bragging. You shared some fairly intimate information about your relationship -warts and all. I'm glad that the two of you were able to work through the period of,'coolness ' and discover something new to share. That's what builds a marriage.

Sounds great, that is exactly what most of us would like to have. I agree with Cindy don't push too hard, let her determine the pace of how you move forward. If there was one thing I could change in my marriage it would be how I told my wife about my CDing.

One of the sweetest experiences I can think of in life is to be accepted unconditionally by those who are important to us, particularly when it is an aspect of ourselves that so often is rejected.

Women have so much power to hurt men and I'm glad you found one who is willing to take risks because few are of either sex. The expression of joy is not bragging and sharing your happiness gives others hope and possibly the courage to expect more from those who profess to love them.

I do not have a S.O but suspect that crossdressing becomes a problem when it excludes or replaces a partner where for you it brought the two of you closer because it softens that which could keep you apart, a very beautiful love story.

Platinum Member
    Ok just remember that the ball is in her court now don't rush the shooter.
    Also don't rock the boat the Captian may throw you over board.
    It Sounds like that you have a wonderful wife.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I think the key Yang was that you communicated and talked to each other. If the dressing helps you do that then great.

My wife and I had trouble with our second child. Poor sleep and stuff. We now make a deliberate effort to spend time together, just us. We notice it when we aren't able to have our weekly coffee date for various reasons.

There is nothing to forgive. Just keep on communicating.

Sounds like a fantasy come true...to be clear, I'm talking about your wife's increasing acceptance of your dressing and your female side.

I will echo others who have said that it is wonderful to hear stories about a positive, accepting spouse. It does give others hope!

Thanks for sharing.
    *StacyP*

You have every right to be happy and Bragging! Not only have you found a stress relief for you also for your loving wife! Put her first and I would say HAPPY DAYS are here to stay! Thanks for sharing! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Thanks for all the thoughts; that's why I come here. You all are great!

My wife and I also found it as a great stress reliver, plus she taught me to quit feeling guilty about doing it. When ever I didn't dress for awhile, and would start to get up tight, she would be the one that would suggest I go dress, and get comfortable. She also buys me as much of my female clothing as I buy myself. With that kind of acceptance, you can't help but relax, and enjoy yourself.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Quote Originally Posted by MandyGG View Post
    Don't feel bad for sharing that story! It was a wonderful one! I am happy for you! I am also happy that you are rewarding her for her efforts! We LOVE getting rewarded!

Have fun at the concert! Who are you going to go see?
    We're just going to see a local singer/songwriter. We are both wordy people and like to see how the young folk are coming along with their chops.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Talking is the best medicine for a relationship. Tina definitely brings a different spin on the mixture, and those conversations are often unique and very helpful to our understanding of each other. Seem like you have had the same wonderful experience!

Happy Life!

tina

Wow, lots of great advice here. Wonderful job of working through the issues you and your wife were having in a very constructive manner.

Keep us posted on how things go for you.

All the best,
    Bree