Thread: There is more to you than you can see...Oh Crap, this turned out too long.

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar

There is more to you than you can see...Oh Crap, this turned out too long.

I wrote this in a post about someone not seeing the beauty in their picture, they just see the dude in the dress. This is what we all see because we think we know ourselves, (it's really just recognition) and we have very little way of knowing what else is lurking there that we will never know if we are the only one who looks at the pictures we take, or the words we think, or the situations we live through.

I then came to Violet's thread on why images of beautiful transexual girls made her sad. This again comes down to what part of us we can recognize, and relate to the real world. At my age I will never transition even if I realize that that is what I am meant to do. Right now i do not think I am more than transgendered, but who knows. But i look at what these lovely women accomplished, and if i knew i would never transition, I would be sad because i would never have the opportunity to even attempt what they accomplished. If i see myself as transsexual, but unable to do that, i will be sad. It comes down to what we can see of ourself.

Just what do we see of ourself. If only we look at our own pictures we see very little. If we read what we post, and what others post, we gain some insights. If we let others look at our pictures and our inner soul in the posting of our most tightly held thoughts, we gain significantly more insights.

As an individual it is nearly impossible to get a true picture of who you/I am. I know this is true for me. We all have so many insecurities or egos that what we see is seldom related to what the world sees. And while it is being at peace with our inner selves that is important to happiness, how do you know what your inner self is if the world has not had an input. And while I dont care what people think, I do treasure what friends have to say about what they see

So how does the world get to know us? We post our pictures. Is that vanity, or is that really a means for the world to help us understand what we as an individual have? We post... Many post such extraordinary original threads that allow others to gain significant insights into the OP's mind, but also into our own mind as we formulate responses that attempt to communicate an understanding of the thoughts of the OP, and believe me, many of us do a great job at this. Others of us just cant get that original thought out there. However, The members who respond to questions, statements, opinions, with our inner thoughts also provide others with insight into our inner being, and hopefully provide a thought or two that someone may find useful. Both of these approaches provide the service of exposing each individual to a broader insight into their own being, either by making them think of a response, or about a response.. Either way, you are thinking and using your inner self.

OK, I am rambling. What this is attempting to say is that you must become part of the community to gain the insights into yourself that this community possess. Post a picture. If you have a pretty ankle, put a bracelet on it and post a picture. It will give others a chance to talk to you and open your heart. If you have a pretty wrist, put a bracelet on it, a neck with a beautiful necklace and feel good about it even if you dont like anything else about your pictures. Remember, you are not an appropriate judge. POST. You do not need original thoughts all the time to say something important. Your responses may well trigger a thought in another girl and lead to a very important revelation that might be useful to you. You never know. Dont be shy about posting, as you are not a good judge about what your thoughts mean, and what relevance they have. You never know when you will touch someone.

Put yourself out there as much as you can. We are friends here. Some say too supportive at times, but I think we all look for that little bit of good that is there in everyone. You will never truly know yourself if you are the only one judging you. Both physically and mentally, you are here to learn about yourself. You must let others know you and learn about you, and talk about you. Only then will the insecurities begin to be torn down.

Do not judge yourself. Let the professionals do that...I am learning this.

sorry for the length

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Oh crap, you're right this is long Barb! lol. No worries though I think you're one of the kindest people on the board. You always strive to make people feel better about themselves and we appreciate that! Fact is we are GM's and it ain't no picnic trying to look female. Puberty took it upon itself to make us look like guys.

I posted a picture of myself as soon as I could to show people I'm for real and not just some random person behind a keyboard. Each dressing session helps to remove or hide male traits and let the girl try to come out. I do post pictures once in a while but not to showoff, it's for affirmation that I'm doing something right and helps me find what clothing works or what physical features are good. Let's face it all girls love compliments. Some have an easier starting point than others but we all have to work with what we have.

What I have found is wonderful people here all trying to enjoy girl time and making improvements on their girl looks, clothing choices, makeup, etc. We all have common goals and strive to help each other. Some of you are so open and honest it's like I have met you in person.

Great post Barb!

they were wonderful posts from both of you and there was nothing but truths there, I'm not quite the senior members you ladies are even though I hope with time I will be, but since I've got here I felt alot better about myself and my own thoughts. I love the feeling of having those around that take a moment to sit, listen, and respond to what I say and what others say, my mind constantly overflows with thoughts I daydream often and without a release for any of it I begin to drive myself insane, like a suitcase with too much luggage and the only way it will lock is too remove some cloths, so its one of the reasons I love my time here just knowing I'm not alone and you all are willing to listen. I've also never had much confidence in myself as a person, but you all have showed me that I shouldn't shun myself and to believe that no matter what others think what matters is how you feel about yourself. Ok my own long winded speech is over, I just wanted to say thanks and wanted to let you all know what you say does make a difference for all you speak to.

O.K. Barbara, I got to the end of your thread……. eventually!

I came here without having any self confidence about Suzy at all.
    Now I am the most self assured in your face b***h you will ever have to put up with.

Your advice is spot on. Great thread girl.

Hug from, SUPER SUZY.
    Last edited by suzy1; 04-26-2012 at 07:01 AM.

I have also learned so much on the board in the short time i have been here .My confidence has been boosted and i do feel better about myself and this is after 30 plus yrs of cding funny how a little support can go a long ways !
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

We are what we make of ourselves Hon. In that respect we are exactly who we choose to be. We can either bumble and stumble along or forge our own destiny and that is the test and the challenge of living in this world. The main lesson we will learn while here is that we must live with the results of our choices, make them work for us and move on. There is nothing that says we cannot enjoy being who we are in the process though. Enjoy it my friends.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning