Thread: Self assessment is never easy.

Banned Read only

Self assessment is never easy.

Which leads to the question. How many of you have close friends that 'know' about your CD life and have given or would give an honest opinion of how convincing you look if you go out in public dressed? Have you ever been out in public and noticed someone else clearly a man but dressed as a woman or do you even pay any attention?

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    With me, my very supportive wife (Tina's gf!) has been the best mentor possible. She will tell Tina about anything and everything, discuss anything and everything, and really has brought Tina from a complete neophyte to something akin to late adolescence....we have a way to go yet!

I haven't noticed many of us generally out and about, but there have been a few. If we interact I treat them as the gender they are presenting!

tina

My wife is my critic. She thought I was being vain when I would ask her opinion of my appearance. I told her that it was because I never wanted to be an embarrassment to her when we are out together and that if my appearance was not "convincing" then she should let me know.

While out we have seen others who were certainly not convincing and that is up to them. Everyone has their own needs and desires and I cannot impose a standard on them.
    Yes, I pay attention while out to see if there are sisters about. I would love to be able to approach them and say hello, but of course that would depend on the situation and venue.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Answer to Question One:
    Quite a few close friends know this side of me, they think I pull it off really well.
    Really well?......compared to what? I have no idea.

Answer to Question Two:
    Sometimes I pass with flying colors, sometimes I get clocked. I just had my hair done this afternoon(a Brazilian straightening) , and it looks exacly like my wig you see in my avatar to your left, minus about 5 or 6 inches. I'm going shopping & dining tomorrow with a friend, and I will have a better idea guaging how convincing I look. I know most people won't look my way, but I might get an eye or two. Who cares.....I don't.

Here's a question for you all:
    If you are someone that goes out/goes public, do you try to look as convicingly best to pass as a woman?.......or are you content with being a transgender person who looks somewhere in the spectrum between Hulk Hogan and Jennifer Anniston?
    Last edited by NathalieX66; 04-26-2012 at 10:02 PM.

Well Hon, it's not so much about how convincing I look as it is how convincing I feel. To be honest I'm not interested in convincing anyone nor do I have to prove anything at this point. Guess I'm just a crotchety old man/woman.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

The closer the friends, the more "I need" them to know about my CDing.
    I do want to pass...
    I'm learning more and more all the time - some of my friends have been surprised at how seriously I take CDing.
    I havn't noticed any other CDers myself.
    Since they know about me now, friends have repeatedly told me of having seen CDers out and about, blending in or sticking out.
    Gaby
    [SIZE="1"]When Irish Eyes Are Smiling... In the lilt of Irish laughter... When Irish hearts are happy... And When Irish Eyes Are Smiling... [/SIZE]

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    As far as I know or care, the only people who know me as a crossdresser are my children and grandchildren. Certainly a lot of people see me almost every day dressed enfemme. However I wear no makeup nor do I wear a wig. Therefore I am definitely a man in feminine clothing. My late wife used to do my makeup and wig, and really made look like a Stephanie. She passed away 7 years ago, and since I cannot do what she did I don't even try. Interestingly, in the past 7 years I have not heard one negative comment made about me!

I have lots of friends, they just don't know that I am a CD and that is fine with me!! We are all people, and people need friends of all kinds.
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!