Thread: My first trip out in public...sort of

My first trip out in public...sort of

My wife and I went to the coast for the weekend, and she helped me pack some clothes for Gabby, along with my normal drab. The intention was to have them available to wear in the hotel room, but since we were away from home I had a strong urge to "go out" dressed up.

Even though my wife has been very supportive of my CD'ing, this is a step that she wasn't sure if she'd be ready for yet, especially given the fact that i don't have a wig yet, and neither of us have any delusions that I would ever "pass".

Throughout the course of the day I was able to convince her to let me dress up for our late night walk on the boardwalk. So that evening she did my makeup, and styled my hair as feminine as possible. I had just purchased some fem prescription glasses online, and they complemented the look very nicely.

I didn't bring a dress, but I had an extra long (almost dress length) knit sweater that I wore over a sequin top, and some satin pants. I finished the outfit with my 4" peep-toe heels, and away we went.

I was a bit nervous leaving the room heading towards the elevator, then walking through the lobby, but we ended up not passing anyone in the hotel. The boardwalk was across the street from the hotel, so we didn't have far to walk, and it was dark outside, so my nerves settled fairly quickly.

The first person we came across was a woman walking alone towards the hotel, and her only comment was "Good evening, ladies". I was pleasantly surprised by the positive greeting! I don't think I stopped smiling the rest of our walk, and I barely remember any of the other people we passed that night.

I learned a few things during my first public appearance. The first is that I have an amazing wife who accepts me as I am. The second is that it feels amazing to be addressed appropriately en femme. Finally, I learned that heels and boardwalks don't mix and to always wear appropriate shoes! My heels slipped through the cracks at least a half-dozen times, fortunately without breaking. After we returned home, we made a special trip to Avenue to pick up some 4" wedges for our next trip to the beach.

Platinum Member
    I wondered about the heels on the board walk! Otherwise, what a wonderful first excursion. Its sounds kinda romantic too

Gabby congrats on a understanding wife, and a grand night out. boy do i know about stilotes and parallel boards. dont want to steal your thunder but had same experiance happen to me. southcoast the night of a launch, and the whole neighborhood was out to view. had to walk 3 blocks passing everyone in very high heels. crossed a busy highway to the pier had to walk up ten steps to the walkway and a gentelman was holding the gate open with a flashlight saying "ladies please watch your step" like you i was in heaven! luv Roberta

Great story Gabby and thanks for sharing. I'm sure it felt wonderful to have such a great experience with her wife. Make sure you let her know how much it meant to you!

All the best,
    Bree

Quote Originally Posted by Bree Wagner View Post
    Great story Gabby and thanks for sharing. I'm sure it felt wonderful to have such a great experience with her wife. Make sure you let her know how much it meant to you!

All the best,
    Bree
    I tell my wife every day how much she means to me. We've been married for 13 1/2 years, and have two middle school age kids together. CD'ing is a new element in our relationship, but so far, it's going very well. Of course, there are still a few boundaries that she has for what is acceptable, but I am more than okay with that.

How I would love for my wife to go on outings with me! We have gone out together a few times. I was wearing men's clothes with shorts and pantyhose. She was always just as uncomfortable as I was on my first few outings. Now that we have kids, even simple outings like shorts and pantyhose are not very feasible. So, congratulations! Enjoy it while you can, but don't freak her out.

Great story young lady! I know the feelin'! Anice comment like that from a stranger make you float on the pink cloud! Have fun! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Sounds like a great trip to the beach! I didn't know those boardwalks had such large spacings on there timber, sounds dangerous! Out here in the west a lot of so called boardwalks are concrete. Maybe you didn't have that dress with you, but it sounds like a very appropriate look for a night stroll on the boardwalk, that always helps getting that ladies greeting you got.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabby View Post
    I tell my wife every day how much she means to me. We've been married for 13 1/2 years, and have two middle school age kids together. CD'ing is a new element in our relationship, but so far, it's going very well. Of course, there are still a few boundaries that she has for what is acceptable, but I am more than okay with that.

Sounds like you had a very nice night out and your wife is great for sharing it with you I am wondering though out of curiosity.....what are the "boundaries"? if you don't mind.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

I had a similar experience last week as my first trip out in public. My wife actually forced me out though. We went to the beach and only people we came across were some people who were looking for shells on the beach who I don't think paid any attention to us as they were focused more on the ground.

We did talk about doing it with a group of friends at busier hour. If you have any other people that know about you it might be a good idea to group up for a less "covert" trip out. Safety in numbers after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Joanne View Post
    Sounds like you had a very nice night out and your wife is great for sharing it with you I am wondering though out of curiosity.....what are the "boundaries"? if you don't mind.
    It was a wonderful weekend and we had a lot of fun. The boundaries are fairly liberal and are related to certain outfits we find online that she doesn't approve of, but that I happen to like. She is also not ready to go out in public places like the mall or a restaurant with me dressed, but she does go in dressing rooms at certain stores to try clothes on with me. I have no problems with her boundaries at all.

Gabby,
    Reading your thread resonated so much as it echoed recent experiences of mine. While I'm not as forunate as you to have the support of my wife, I did venture out recently along the promenade of a seaside resort on 2 separate occasions. The first was like yours, nerve racking at the outset but I was able to get my fears quickly under control and begin to enjoy the experience. I didn't walk far but boy did it feel good while it lasted.
    A few evenings later I returned to "the scene of the crime". This time I was determined to walk much further and so new coat on, handbag on shoulder I set off. This time I was freed of much of the anxiety I’d experienced before and so was able to just enjoy an evening stroll. There was a bit of a downer in that un-usually my boots were a slightly big fit and were beginning to rub (UK size 9 usually fits me to a T but these are a tad too big – reminder to self to wear some socks next time). Not wishing to spoil what had been up to then a lovely 25 minute walk I turned back but in the knowledge that I’d pushed my personal boundaries that little bit further.
    The memories of those evenings are always popping into my head. Just to stroll, taking in the sound of the waves and the soft evening breeze was wonderful. I hope you had the opportunity to put some miles on those new wedges. Share if you did.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Gabby

you are lucky to have such wonderful wife