Thread: CDing jokes innocently made by coworkers?

Banned Read only

CDing jokes innocently made by coworkers?

Today, I walked on a floor that a cleaner had just mopped, leaving shoeprints and one of the other women jokingly said I should be made to wear a dress and scrub the floor by hand.

I forget exactly why she said it, she was kidding me for some reason, but a woman friend of mine once suggested that I enjoyed wearing red suspenders and stockings. She didn't know she'd hit the nail on the head. I wasn't out to her or anybody else. But I blushed slightly. I'm not sure if she took that as a confession of guilt or just the normal reaction of a normal guy who'd be embarrassed by the mere suggestion of something like that.

Annabelle

Just a girl at heart too Kerigirl2009's Avatar
    So did you leave little heal marks on the floor?
    I wish I had the courage to just be myself and live my life how I want

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    My boss is past 70, and unfortunately tends towards the sexist. He also somehow has failed to recognize that I have been transitioning, despite my long hair, earrings, visible (but not large) breasts, and clothes that are a little more feminine than "borderline". As a result, when he makes jokes or humor about women, he fails to notice that he is implicitly talking about me as well. The jokes / humor aren't directed towards me at all: he has a blind spot in his realization.

Small example: my hair is now about 6" past my shoulders, and honestly it needs a trim in front as it gets in my eyes a lot. My boss was asking at coffee the other day whether I ever get my hair cut; I shrugged and said, "No." Then I tossed my head slightly to move my hair and then pushed a bit of it out of the way with my hand. My boss saw the motion and suggested (approximately) that perhaps it wasn't too bad because I could always toss my head "like women do" to get my hair out of my eyes. My immediate thought was to say something like, "Well of course; I should hope so; that's the point" (that is, that my hair is the way it is because I am not male) -- but fortunately my mouth was working slower than my brain so I didn't say anything. I don't think anyone else there would have been surprised at all, but it isn't the best idea at this time to force my boss to go back and mentally recast our 25-year working relationship. The bunch of us have been laid off (my boss included) and an indifferent job reference is not in my best interests.

Co-workers? Hell, Heather, I tell CD jokes myself. I figure if we can't laugh at ourselves, who can we laugh at? Then again, I never take myself that seriously Hon.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Platinum Member
    did you ask her why she would say that? Rather odd, you might have suggested that she was equally or better qualified to do both.

Banned Read only
    I'm sure it was just an innocent joke.

It would be interesting to know if she was flirting with you. I have experienced this gentle teasing and have learned over time that it is a way to learn about me not always an attempt to ridicule me, you can feel the difference by being aware of their bodies, movements and how they look into your eyes and the type of smile on their face.

It is highly unusual for a woman to tell a man he should wear a dress and for me it comes across as highly charged sexual flirtation, I would have found that to be a very interesting encounter, those kind of women fascinate me.

Quote Originally Posted by heathr1 View Post
    Today, I walked on a floor that a cleaner had just mopped, leaving shoeprints and one of the other women jokingly said I should be made to wear a dress and scrub the floor by hand.
    My response to her would be "That's maid's work...do you have a uniform for me? If not then find someone else".
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Banned Read only
    That's hilarious!!

Julia

I think all it meant was, if you had to clean and scrub floors (as much as women do) you would be more considerate and careful before walking across them.
    [SIZE="4"]Momarie[/SIZE]

Girls, girls, there appears to be two threads intertwined here...get a grip!
    Anna x

I've had stuff like that before, wish I could remember some though
    Bi-Gendered, Goth/Metal Fan, Atheist, Artist and British