Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help a GG understand Breast Forms PLEASE!!!

I too will suggest you contact "The Breastform Store. com". They have a toll free number and are very helpful with all sorts of questions.

Whether you make your purchase there or not is your call, but the knowledge gained is "priceless".

By the way, it is wonderful that you are so willing to assist your SO in this manner. Thank you, and be proud of her!
    Inside every good man, there is a good woman.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MandyGG View Post
    Could someone teach me about the numbering system and how it works?
    Hi Mandy - attached is a guide to the numbering system. It's from the Breastform Store. Hope this helps - Hugs Rachel
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I will have to take him with me to have this done! Should I hold off and just do this instead of buying a pair for now?

I noticed in your "Walk in Her Shoes" thread that you and Audrey have the same build almost exactly. He is 6"/145. So, if I do buy some for now, I would want to go with a Size 6 Wide Low?

I am leaning towards a C cup because like Kathi said... He would do this:
    Yes, I would definitely go with the 36 wide low if you're looking for C cup.

I will have to take him with me to have this done! Should I hold off and just do this instead of buying a pair for now?
    I would wait. It would be such a big experience and more personal if you did this together
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

One of the posters mentioned that she went to a store and tried forms until she found the one which was most flattering, and most complemented her self-image. Best advice I've read so far in this thread.

Having said that, I cannot restrain my urge to make a few comments based on personal experience.

First, there is a difference, at least in my mind, between breast enhancers, which are gel or foam inserts which fill out a bra, and breast forms which look like amputated human breasts, complete usually with large realistically colored nipples.

I am 6'0" tall and weigh 155, and I'm in my mid-fifties. I lift weights 2-3 times a week, and have very developed pectoral muscles which pretty much fill a 38 sports bra naturally, but do not look like female breasts. My personal aim as a crossdresser is to blend and pass. I wear a pair of breast enhancers which basically fill out a 38C bra to provide me a feminine profile, and I am satisfied with the effect.

I own a pair of size 4 breast forms, purchased from one of the online vendors mentioned in this thread, and never use them. I wear a lot of jeans, shorts, and straight skirts with girly hoodies, scoop front tee shirts, jersey sweaters, etc., and if I use the forms the effect is to make me appear unbalanced. If I had been smart enough to go to a store and try things on until I got the look right, I'd now be about $55 richer.

Quote Originally Posted by StarrOfDelite View Post
    One of the posters mentioned that she went to a store and tried forms until she found the one which was most flattering, and most complemented her self-image. Best advice I've read so far in this thread.

Having said that, I cannot restrain my urge to make a few comments based on personal experience.

First, there is a difference, at least in my mind, between breast enhancers, which are gel or foam inserts which fill out a bra, and breast forms which look like amputated human breasts, complete usually with large realistically colored nipples.

I am 6'0" tall and weigh 155, and I'm in my mid-fifties. I lift weights 2-3 times a week, and have very developed pectoral muscles which pretty much fill a 38 sports bra naturally, but do not look like female breasts. My personal aim as a crossdresser is to blend and pass. I wear a pair of breast enhancers which basically fill out a 38C bra to provide me a feminine profile, and I am satisfied with the effect.

I own a pair of size 4 breast forms, purchased from one of the online vendors mentioned in this thread, and never use them. I wear a lot of jeans, shorts, and straight skirts with girly hoodies, scoop front tee shirts, jersey sweaters, etc., and if I use the forms the effect is to make me appear unbalanced. If I had been smart enough to go to a store and try things on until I got the look right, I'd now be about $55 richer.
    Trying them on somewhere before buying would definitely be ideal. The reason the forms (as opposed to enhancers) look decent on me is because I have essentially no pectoral muscles. Even when I was in shape back in my USAF days, I could barely manage the 30 push-ups required to graduate basic training!

I bought my forms from The Breast Form Store, and tend to wear mastectomy bras, so that I don't have to use adhesive. I have skin conditions, you see. I tend to wear this style of bra.

Anna
    "If you're going through Hell, keep going."
    -Winston Churchill

I don't own any except "homemade" water filled forms so I can't call myself an expert, but if you look at women, many have some breast tissue extending to the side, under their arm pits. That's that "hourglass figure".

Keeping that in mind, I would be going for the asymetrical forms, especially if you have some age on you and/or broad shoulders.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Some great advice here. Also check out PALs Breast forms online. Nice but very cheap.

Audrey Michelle's SO
    Quote Originally Posted by NathalieX66 View Post
    I have a pair of silicones, just like mom, who is a survivor of breast cancer.
    My mom is one too! Aren't these women amazing! Gives you a completely different outlook on life, doesn't it!?!

Quote Originally Posted by giuseppina View Post
    Maybe blindfold him and take him to the mastectomy shop that way.

Leaning more and more towards this!

It might be a good idea to call in advance as some mastectomy shops have a strict "no males" policy.
    I will absolutely call first, I do not want to drive really far, just to get kicked out! Thank you for that advice!

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Joanne View Post
    I would wait. It would be such a big experience and more personal if you did this together
    I think so too!

Quote Originally Posted by ThisIsBob View Post
    Trying them on somewhere before buying would definitely be ideal. The reason the forms (as opposed to enhancers) look decent on me is because I have essentially no pectoral muscles. Even when I was in shape back in my USAF days, I could barely manage the 30 push-ups required to graduate basic training!
    Seriously, I have to say AGAIN that you and my husband are twins. Only difference, is that he was NAVY! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Lorree View Post
    I bought my forms from The Breast Form Store, and tend to wear mastectomy bras, so that I don't have to use adhesive. I have skin conditions, you see. I tend to wear this style of bra.
    I will have to look into those mastectomy bras! So they are flush against the body with a pocket for the form?
    Real Men (Among Others! ) Wear Panties

Mandy

Lots of good advice so far. I got my first (and only) pair of breast forms late last year. Here is a link to the thread I posted on them (mods, link goes off-site to another CD forum, don't know if that is OK??)

http://www.seahorsesoc.org/forum/vie...php?f=2&t=1008

I like them but they are a very individual thing. I don't know, I think if my wife had "surprised" me with a pair I would be REALLY excited and thankful but what if I didn't feel that comfortable in them, maybe they are a bit big or a bit small, but then I'd still sort of feel "obliged" to wear them? Maybe? I don't know.

I know my wifes bra and cup size but I'm still pretty much only 50/50 success on buying her bra's or lingerie. Thats OK, she usually just takes the stuff back and gets something else nice.

I would be over the moon if I came back and you said that you had booked an appointment / got a gift voucher to get them (I don't know, does the breast form store do gift vouchers?). I wouldn't have to have them there and then.

I have bought about 10 pairs of forms, both before and after the advent of the Internet. The great part about the Internet is that forms can be purchased really cheaply. As everyone here has stated, there is no standard sizing. If I had to do it all over again, I would pick out a cheap set of forms from one of the many excellent merchants others have mentioned, then contact them to get their recommendation for what size to order, giving them the desired bra size. Don't buy any bras yet, though. When the forms arrive, buy bras with return priveleges until you find bras that the support the forms perfectly. Again, this is the cheapest way to do things these days.

In the early days,, I was afraid to buy from local mastectomy boutiques. I bought them out of town while on business trips. I would call all the local suppliers I could find in the Yellow Pages and ask them if they accepted crossdressers as customers and what brands they carried. Even then, about 75% of the places indicated they catered to crossdressers. The big advantage here is that an expert will pick out a size, style, and accompanying bra that will look good. In your neck of the woods, I think these places are listed in the Yellow Pages under Prosthetic Breasts, Mastectectomy something-or-other, and in display ads for lingerie shops. I did note a tendency to try to close a sale using product they had in the shop, even if it did not fit 100%. In such a case I would offer to pay to have them order the exact size or style that met my expectations. You see, I experimented with adhesive forms, expensive forms claimed to be very natural, or once after a small lottery ticket win, the biggest size offered by the manufacturers one shop did business with.

My experience is that you need a cheap set of forms to determine what size/type/price range forms you will ultimately use for the long haul. Prices at boutiques are naturally going to be higher since it includes the charges for fitting, local stocking, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by katie_barns View Post
    Some great advice here. Also check out PALs Breast forms online. Nice but very cheap.
    Katie, could you please post the URL of where the PALs can be found?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Audrey Michelle's SO
    UPDATE!!:

OK! So, he is out of town again.... and guess what! I found the old email from January 2005 that I had thought that I had deleted in a fit of rage in 2010! YAY!!! Well, not yay for the rage, but yay for me being smart enough to keep it back then!

Of course, I bleeped out some of the information.....DUH.

Anywho, should I surprise him with the exact same ones that he has had before?!?!?

Here it is!!!!:

Thank you for your order!
    You will be receiving a personal order confirmation and shipping status
    e-mail within the next two business days. If you have not had a
    personal confirmation within this time, please contact us.

Order number : TBFSCOM-14***
    EMail : *******@yahoo.com

Friday January 14 2005 @11:15 PM

Shipping Info
    -------------
    Shipping Name : #####
    Shipping Address: ######
    Shipping City : #######
    Shipping State : Utah
    Shipping Country: UNITED STATES
    Shipping Zip : ######

Billing Info
    -------------
    Billing Name : ######
    Billing Address : #######
    Billing City : #######
    Billing State : Utah
    Billing Country : UNITED STATES
    Billing Zip : ######

Payment Type : VISA
    Card# : ********
    Expiry Date : ##/##

Phone# : 801-***-****

Destination :

Comments :
    Shipping Info: Ground (4 to 10 Days) FREE

I have ordered from you before, and have been very pleased with your company and products.

Order Details :
    -------------
    (1) Skin Tac Adhesive Wipes (50/pkg) { } @ $19.95
    (1) Transform Triangle - Super Soft (pair) {size 4 color Beige} @ $149
    ================================================== ======================
    Subtotal: $168.95
    Taxes: $0.00
    Shipping: $0.00
    Grand Total: $168.95

If you have any questions, please call us at 1-877-634-7495 or e-mail
    us at info@thebreastformstore.com.

Thank you again for your business.

Regards,
    Victor

http://www.thebreastformstore.com/
    Last edited by MandyGG; 05-16-2012 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Took out the links to other websites that were at the bottom of the email

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Mandy, I wear size 4's (in Amoena forms, but I'm sure it's comparable), and those forms should be wonderful. I think your spouse will really be tickled!

Kathi

OK... he used the Breastform Store - they are good. These things are as personal to us as the real thing I guess. I have tried a few different sizes over the years and have settled on the first I bought which are 'just me'. Sadly I can't remember the size but they fill a 36 DD and look pretty natural on my frame - 5' 6" but a bit heavily built up top.

I appreciate and am quite frankly amazed at your willingness to do this. If it were me... I would prefer you to help me choose the right forms rather than surprise me with some I may not get on with? Being a more integral part of the feminisation process will build a better relationship.
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Audrey Michelle's SO
    Kaz,

Are you pretty much saying that he may have ordered these, but he might not have liked them after he got them? I guess the problem here is that I don't know if these were the pair he threw away in 2010, or not! This could have been 3 form orders before the "Big Purge" and he ended up loving a completely different shape and size by that point. Oh poop! Now I am confused again and questioning myself!

How could I sneakily ask him without giving it away?

I picked mine up at The BreastForm Store. I bought the Silver Seal Triangular, paid about $140 for them several years ago and they are still in good shape. I consider that a bargain, because I don't want to replace them all the time (the old "you get what you pay for" idea). They're attachable, and when I'm going full bore I do attach them and they're great. I was at a party a few years ago and a female friend of mine took me aside and grabbed me there, I was a little shocked but her comment was "Wow, those feel real, what the h*ll are they?" I blushed until I was beet red but I told her and she was impressed.

Anyway - I'm happy with mine. I'm 5'10" (now, due to some injuries) and these are a nice C to D cup on me. And as I mentioned, I bought them several years ago and they're still in great shape.

Melissa