Thread: Wife slowly accepting a more feminine me.

Wife slowly accepting a more feminine me.

My wife knows that I like to crossdress but has in the past been very vocal about not liking it nor wanting anything to do with it.In the past year we have had some big hurdles in life to get through financially and emotionally.Maybe this is why she has been more forgiving and has been ok with me waxing my eyebrows thinner and more fem.My daughter (13)has been jokingly painting my toes lately while we watch the hockey play-offs.I complained this am about the sparkly pink she chose and my wife replied that I could paint them " any pretty colour you like just beware that if you show them off in sandals you may be made fun of".All said with a special glint in her eye that says yes I know what you would like.Tonight I believe that i will use a new "Right Said Red " by revlon.
    Micayla

Platinum Member
    It seems she's getting used to your uniqueness - which is great. I've just been reading a book called "My Husband Wears My Clothes" by Peggy Rudd and it seems that by being honest, taking it slow, keeping open communications and making sure that you fulfill your wife's expectations as her male partner, you can help cultivate a greater degree of acceptance.

My wife has gotten used to my wearing skirts and dresses so she does not say anything when I wear them. I even have a halter dress with straps that she says she hates (without much conviction) and she says nothing when I wear that.

When there was a cold snap I showed up at the table for breakfast wearing a flannel shirt and a pair of jeans. She took one look at me and she said, "John, you're wearing a f**king flannel shirt! Why?".

I would have expected her to say nothing or maybe say, "John, I'm glad you are dressed like a man."

John
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

I wish my wife would understand. I care about her so much.

Banned Read only
    Sometimes a loving wife looks at the scales in a marriage and realizes the scales are truly weighted in her direction.

How long have you been married? Women may say one thing and mean someting entirely differeny. Be aware, be aware my friend.

I agree with Stephanie's quote. My wife is slowly accepting me as a new person as she can see how much more positive I am and this is giving her such a lift. She is so much brighter and happier now and all because I confessed that I am a crossdresser. She still needs some time to accept it fully, however only after a few months she is happy for me to dress anytime in front of her. This has made me so happy in our marriage and I can see that my positivity is rubbing off on her - and she knows it. A very contented wife!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    Sometimes a loving wife looks at the scales in a marriage and realizes the scales are truly weighted in her direction.

I always enjoy reading about an SO being more accepting! Those little changes add up in a big way! Enjoy them and let her know you enjoy her comments! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Aligning her body & soul sierra_g's Avatar
    So totally happy for you!

Will this void warranty? Anna Talyn's Avatar
    That's great to hear Micayla!
    Having a strong bond after going through challenges should help put some perspective on things.
    Enjoy the little things and keep sharing.
    It is helpful to hear about, as I relate to a lot of what you shared.

Been married for 22 years not always easy.Thank you for sharing.
    Micayla

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Micayla View Post
    Been married for 22 years not always easy.Thank you for sharing.
    Micayla
    In many ways life just isn't easy. It sounds like your wife, even though she might not fully understand, is trying to understand and is giving your fem side a presence. Remember to be considerate and understanding of her feelings as well.
    Dana Ryan

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    You're so right on there Stephanie.

My ex NEVER took it in stride a totally taboo subject. But things ended for other reasons anyway so... next! .... I did have one gf that accepted things though she started smoking and I cant handle that!... I am a narrow minded cd I guess. Another gf decided she could cure me, that was a short story. Anyway here I am pretty much alone but happy. The only person that accepted me in girl mode was mom, its always the parents fault! LOL

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    My wife is trying so very hard to accept my dressing. DADT right now, but with time i hope she will gradually return to the support whe had at first. Only 4 months into it, so waiting a year or so just seems so far away, but hopefully worth the wait. I am so glad your family is accepting and doing so much with you. Just keep on doing what you are doing and include them in everything.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

its really confusing cause my wife who accepts now that i dress will make little coments and such but if i were to say lets go out shopping, me as ashley she would say no and kinda walk away not to say anything more on the subject , now she will say if she likes something of mine and will try to hiest if for herself, wich is ok with me as long as i can wear it too , i dont throw it in her face either so when the little words of encouregement do come out i try and make the best of it , what ever u do dont push the issue , its kinda like a turtle the head can go back in and most often does.

Congratulations! always nice to hear a success story. I hope it continues.
    [SIZE="2"]Cassie[/SIZE]

My daughter was away at school for three years and my wife was barely tolerant during that time. Now that that school is over I know things are going to be different, unfortunately. Micayla, I think you've got it pretty good.

Acceptance can come in baby steps, but as long as you don't scare her back in to that old place, it could get better and better. I've gone to dressing from time to time, to dressing most of the time, and the wife has accepted it every step of the way. But it has been years in the getting that comfortable with it. Now if I don't dress for a few days, she will ask me whats wrong, and suggest I dress, of course when she recommends it, I never say no.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.