Thread: have you ever noticed ?

have you ever noticed ?

When guys in a movie or tv show are crossdressing everone is so obliviuos if it were only that easy ?.And yes i realize it is all fiction this just a thread to have fun with is all
    Last edited by Ally 2112; 04-29-2012 at 06:58 AM.
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

You do realize that movies and TV are fiction, right?
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

i read about an Adam Sandler movie where he played a brother and sister. The reviewer said it was painful to watch when he played the female that he had to make it obvious that he is a GUY playing a female. guess he never would of made it when Shakespeare was top of the walk. (all roles were played by men)
    regent,

Because it's always for cheap laughs for an ignorant public, CDs only exist there for a joke set-up or punchline.
    Then again I have no sense of humour either so take that as you will.

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    You do realize that movies and TV are fiction, right?
    Noooo!!! I'm shattered!!! Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by marny View Post
    i read about an Adam Sandler movie where he played a brother and sister. The reviewer said it was painful to watch when he played the female that he had to make it obvious that he is a GUY playing a female. guess he never would of made it when Shakespeare was top of the walk. (all roles were played by men)
    That movie was HORRIBLE, actually painful to have to watch. He looked just like my SIL as a woman, so that kept me watching.

Why when they dress guys up in movies as women they always make them HUGE!!?? Adam Sandler isn't a big guy ( is he?) make him pretty, sexy even!?
    Last edited by ReineD; 05-08-2012 at 02:50 PM.

Hi.

Movies .... T V shows ..... what ya talking about , dont see them . not those funny people you mean,

I spend way to much time here to even know whats going on.........

...noeleena...

Quote Originally Posted by marny View Post
    The movie is Jack and Jill...

Quote Originally Posted by whowhatwhen View Post
    Because it's always for cheap laughs for an ignorant public, CDs only exist there for a joke set-up or punchline.
    Then again I have no sense of humour either so take that as you will.
    You have to consider the source....Adam Sandler.I wouldn't expect a lot of reality from him at any time.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Crossdressing is easy!! The hard part is realizing that you are a crossdresser, and learning to live with it. If you make yourself up to look like a drag queen you will get laughed at. On the other hand, if you make yourself up to look like a nice girl, hardly anybody will pay any attention to you. I dress enfemme almost every day and go out in public, but looking exactly like the man that I am. I do get some second looks but that is all!! No comments, negative or otherwise. Oh yes, I do get asked where I bought my skirt or top once in a while!

Your attitude is what maked the difference! My attitude is that I am a crossdresser, and don't care what others think of me!! It is the only way to survive!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    Quote Originally Posted by crossdressersfriend View Post
    That movie was HORRIBLE, actually painful to have to watch.
    I am trying to think if there were any GOOD Adam Sandler films? Happy Gilmour was tolerable, but . ....

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ally 2112 View Post
    When guys in a movie or tv show are crossdressing everyone is so oblivious if it were only that easy ?
    Yeah, I know what you mean. It's so obvious to the viewer and they don't even slightly pass, yet everyone in the movie/tv show apparently "can't tell". I guess it has to be that way to facilitate some lame joke about gender stereotypes ..... whatever.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

He was funny on SNL, but then again maybe that was because their writers didn't suck so much back then.
    I did like Happy Gilmore though, luckily I heeded the warnings and stayed away from 'Click' and all those romcoms.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ally 2112 View Post
    When guys in a movie or tv show are crossdressing everone is so obliviuos if it were only that easy ?.And yes i realize it is all fiction this just a thread to have fun with is all
    Seems to me that it's merely a case of Genre Blindness. Kinda like how people in zombie movies have no concept of the living dead until the living dead are upon them.

Makeup addict!
    People here are bringing up Jack and Jill. I'm surprised no one has mentioned Tootsie and Mrs. Doubtfire. In those movies, Hoffman and Williams look exactly like women so it would be reasonable to assume that people would be oblivious.

By the way, about Mrs. Doubtfire, that was my first real introduction to crossdressing. I remember frequently wanting to dress up like that

Quote Originally Posted by Katiegal View Post
    People here are bringing up Jack and Jill. I'm surprised no one has mentioned Tootsie and Mrs. Doubtfire. In those movies, Hoffman and Williams look exactly like women so it would be reasonable to assume that people would be oblivious.

By the way, about Mrs. Doubtfire, that was my first real introduction to crossdressing. I remember frequently wanting to dress up like that
    Mrs. Doubtfire was an awesome movie! And yeah, I'd give a lot to have a professional makeup artist for a brother to help me more passable.

Aspiring Member
    Dustin Hoffman (5' 5 1/2") and Robin Williams (5' 8") are both relatively short, which helped immensely with presenting a realistic image. So too is John Leguizamo, (5' 8"), who presented the most convincing female portrayal I have ever seen in the movies in " To Wong Foo Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar ".

Veronica

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Noticed yes, cared - not so much. If I watch movies like those, i do not intend to take away much social relevance, and usually have a supply of bourbon and branch at my side which I find makes them it much harder to recognize they are not really girls by the time the movie is over. They are about slaps and giggles.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.