Thread: All the time?

All the time?

I love the girl I see in the mirror more than the guy I see in in every other mirror, i know that some of you are dressed all the time and I was wondering what is it like, what kind of obstacles do you face, if you were to apply to a job what gender do you apply under, what bathroom do you use, its all something I'm not to familiar with.
    Now I've never even been out as a girl but I just feel like knowing how the day to day life works for some of you.

I think you'll find there are very few members in this section of the forum who are dressed all the time. We have about 7,000 active members, and off the top of my head, I can only think of a dozen or so who do this. In fact, we have many members who can only dress occasionally, when their wives are away, and they do not yet feel ready to go out in public dressed. The people who tend to live full or nearly full time and apply for jobs are TS (or TS questionning) and they hang out for the most part in the TS section here.

I'll answer for my own SO though (she doesn't come to this forum much any more). She does go out on a regular basis and she's out this afternoon in the next town over. There's a cafe/wine bar she goes to and she brings her laptop. She'll have probably grabbed a bite to eat in any one of a number of nearby restaurants that she likes, and she may also decide to do a bit of shopping. This is a normal routine for her, but only a few times per week. The rest of the time her schedule is simply filled with work and other obligations, which she performs in guy mode. We don't quite live in a world where most people embrace the notion of their employees showing up for work in femme mode.

Most of the people that she doesn't interact with directly, don't examine her closely enough to determine that she is a genetic male. The people she does interact with (the SAs, restaurant people, etc), treat her with respect. If some of these people are judging her or they do not approve, we'll never know since they tend to keep their opinions to themselves.
    Last edited by ReineD; 04-29-2012 at 04:26 PM.
    Reine

An interesting set of questions! Reine is, of course, right on.

I'm not 24/7 but I think I'm fairly close to the line. My spouse and I are retired. Perhaps my schedule will help. Times and events that I don't mention were probably at home or may have included some guy time (en drab). All the events that I do list, unless specifically noted, were in woman mode (en femme).

April 16th - Think we went to the gym and ran some errands, evening dinner with friends from this forum (they were en femme).

April 18th - Hair appointments from 10 am to noon. A few errands.

April 19th - Think the morning was gym and errands. Evening Birthday party for members of the women's social group that I belong to (That evening was particularly interesting. It is on page 2 (with picture) of what may be a great example of what it is like being a CD out in the "real world." To see that thread about the agony and the ecstasy of being out click here.

April 20th - Attended religious services with spouse and another woman.

April 21st - Out to casual lunch with six other women. We did take out from a place in a nearby shopping center and sat at tables out front.

April 23rd - Went to gym and ran errands with spouse.

April 24th - Luncheon with a large group of women from the gym. To see what I posted click here.

April 25th - Went to gym and ran errands with spouse.

April 26th - Dinner at Red Lobster and the national production of Billy Elliot at the Pantages theater in Hollywood. Spouse and I went with another women.

April 27th - Manicure and pedicure from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Home for lunch, then facial esthetician at 2:45. A beautiful concert in the evening by the music department of a nearby college. We attended with friends from this forum. After concert took their daughter home and then went out for dessert.

April 28th - Dinner and performance of local theater group in another town, spouse and I attended with two other women.

I probably missed a few other gym visits, shopping trips and other things along the way, but those are the highlights of the past few days.

As to your other questions, others can probably address employment far better than I can. When I was working I mostly applied as a man and worked as a man, although I did work as a female secretary for a couple of weeks. When I did that I never told them about "him" and applied with my femme name, something that would require more documentation now.

As to restrooms, if I'm out in public as a woman I naturally use the women's restroom. But you'd better talk the talk and walk the walk before you head for that door!

Hope some of that helps.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    Last edited by Persephone; 04-29-2012 at 06:30 PM.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Oh well silly me I thought there might be more out there, not really something I might consider but who knows, just a little inquisitive I suppose thanks for the insite from you both

Sorry if we didn't provide what you were looking for. Perhaps you could clarify your questions?

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Oh I guess I stated myself wrong, nope you answered my questions perfectly thank you