Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Makeover and Outing Tonight

First Makeover and Outing Tonight

As the title says, I am going for my first makeover this afternoon. We'll then be going out on the town. I've never (knowingly) met other CDs, never dressed in front of someone else, and of course, I have never gone out in public as Rachel. A whole bunch of firsts! I am very anxious and I don't fully know what to expect, but it should be amazing. It will definitely be interesting. So now I'm off to work out, hopefully blowing off some of this nervous energy, then I shall pace the floor until it's time to go.

don't forget an update and some pics. hope you have fun.

Rachel this is going to be great for you. Enjoy yourself, it will probably be the start of many more outings for you.

Platinum Member
    Have a wonderful time, Rachel!

Rachel, Take a deep breath or several, relax and enjoy the moment. My prediction is that it will be wonderful and you'll immediately start planning the next outing.

Banned Read only
    You should have a great time. You look lovely in your picture. If I met you out in public I would not make you out to be a young man. You look stunning.

I'll say it again - Enjoy! I really hope you show those butterflies where they belong, have a great time, and come back home ready to do it again sometime!

Have a wonderful time. I am so jealous!!!!!!!!

Gold Member
    Sounds like a lot of great things in one trip. Well worth many photos. Have a great time and remember, you are having fun so don't let any nerves remove your smile!

It is reasonable to be nervous, but for 99.9% of us that have gone the same route it has worked out great. I remember my first time really out dressed in public, after a professional makeover. The vast majority of people I ran into just saw another woman, a woman of zero note one way or another. One guy did read me and whispered to his girlfriend, I just smiled and the issue went away.

Enjoy your makeover and outing, they are good things to do.

Hannah

Have fun and be sure to post photos!

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Right now you should be right in the middle of a wonderful evening. You have so many firsts, I hope you can keep them all separate in your mind and provide us with an update with pictures. You go girl, this is your beginning of the next chapter in your journey.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Well that was amazing! It went better than I could have hoped. As I headed out for the appointment I ended up much less nervous than I had anticipated. I was at ease almost immediately upon arrival. I was treated like a movie star. Makeup, wardrobe, and I was waited on, hand and foot. All I had to do was just relax and enjoy the experience. It was worth every penny.

After a few hours, we headed out the door. I was so comfortable by then that I didn't even hesitate. First we went to dinner at a mainstream place downtown and we were treated great. Jess met up with us there too, so there were four of us. The wait staff was very friendly and the other patrons seemed as though didn't notice us or they couldn't care less. I even used the ladies room (yet another first). That was the only time I almost froze up. Thank god for Jess. I just followed her lead and all was fine. She definitely knows how to handle herself!

After that we went to a bar for drinks and karaoke (I didn't sing tonight) and again, we were treated great. We met up with another girl from the group, so we were five deep at this point. It was fun to just walk around the bar, talk to people, and feel completely accepted as I was dressed. I even got a really nice complement about the dress I was wearing from a gg. She jokingly asked me if she could borrow it sometime then said "never mind, you look way better in it than I would". My jaw dropped. That made my night!

We started at 4:00 and finished up a little after 1am. I am still processing the entire experience but it was easy, fun, and really enlightening. The local group is having a formal gala next weekend and guess what? I'm going, baby! Actually, from here I plan on getting quite active with the group, going out a few times a month, at the very least. The people I met tonight were incredibly fun and friendly, and I cannot wait to get back out there. Dressing up only to sit at home by myself just ain't gonna cut it anymore. Game changer? Game changer.

Here are a few pictures:

Wow, I am jealous, sounds like such a fun night and I am so happy for you. BTW you look fantastic

Wow Rachel! What a glorious fun evening!

And you look gorgeous, girl! Great outfit! Great hair and makeup! You go, girl!

Looks like DFW will never be the same!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

You look great there Rachel! I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself! Isn't it fun?

Best wishes to a very pretty lady. May your evening be all you desire. Aloha, jill

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Rachel you look fantastic and it sounds like your time out matched your looks! You go girl!!!

tina

Girl underconstruction Paulette's Avatar
    Love your look and yes being out is sooooo much more fun than just sitting at home alone. Your look is very main stream and that is what lets you enjoy the joy of being a woman in every day society.
    Just and older girl trying to experience all that life can bring.
    "Life is not a dress rehearsal"

Rachel, the dress looks beautiful on you. It's nice to hear such a wonderful outing. Thanks for sharing this. Isn't it fun being a girl?

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Great story and great photos -- you look terrific!

Ladies, you all would have been so proud of Rachel, by the time I met up with her she was a pro. Smiles from ear to ear, and just loving life last night. As you can see she looked great, god I wish I was still that young! We all had a wonderful time and i know we have a new friend. Now if I can just get her to sing at these Karaoke nights, maybe the other girls will leave me alone, I really can't sing, and I'm pretty sure Rachel can!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks everyone for the comments and support. It was most certainly a night to remember! With as tired as I was afterwards, I still didn't get to sleep until after 6am. I was just too wound up from the experience. It's pretty much all I have thought about today, too.

And Jess, I promise I'll sing next time.

Rachel, I'm absolutely thrilled it was such a good experience for you. Thanks for sharing it with us.
    -Bree

Rachel,
    You look so beautiful and it must have been such a relief to live out your dream of a makeover. Some of us just dream about it, and I am proud of you that you made that major step forward in expressing your true inner feelings as a woman. I have been building up the courage to try at least a facial with a local salon and you have encouraged me to make a true effort to do it.

Take care,

Rebecca