Thread: Cool Little Experience

Cerebral Ninja

Cool Little Experience

I went into this makeup shop and bought me some eyeshadow primer. This was the first time I've done this in such a blunt way. My wife wasn't pretending it was for her, and I was in drab.

It was pretty cool.

I told the sales associate what I was looking for, and she was super cool and helped me out, asking me about color preferences and what-not. It was as if she was used to crossdressers..... but then again...in drab, I kinda give off a David Bowie vibe...

either way, awesome experience! Just wish the whole world could be that cool.
    Last edited by Courtney_Glenn; 05-01-2012 at 05:06 AM.
    "Just follow your heart, that's what I do" - Napoleon Dynamite

@CourtneyGlenn91 - Twitter

Facebook

Platinum Member
    good for you, Courtney.

Courtney, Most good makeup stores/counters are quite used to Crossdressers and Transexuals. I have been to the Mac store in complete drab mode, asked for help with my foundation and the were wonderful to me. You will find many stories on this site about this.
    Makeup counters, like restaurants, theaters and stores, are all out there for one thing, your money, they don't get paid to judge anyone!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My friend Nicole took me shopping we went into Sephora and the sale girl was so nice and I to was in drab and she new it was for me she even tried so on my face to match my skin. It was a great feeling.

I have had similar experiences in all of the places that I have been shopping. The sales associates are professional and for the most part more than willing to help. I have been to MAC and had a consultation in front of other shoppers and rarely did anyone pay any attention to what was going on.

I have bought makeup at Ulta and Sephora's in drab, they were very nice.
    I went into Sephora's's once to get some Dermablend concealer to hide dark spots on my face. [In drab] They didn't carry it but I ended up at the makeup table with 2 girls showing me how to get a great finish to my face. I was so impressed. Later with some eye makeup I went back dressed to show off. They weren't really surprised to see me show up in a dress. They had me figured out before I left the first time.

New Member from Scotland paulinescotlandcd's Avatar
    Such a shame they do not have Sephora in the UK. I have been in their shops in Europe and i could spend ages in them treating myself, oh and my wife!

Cerebral Ninja
    Quote Originally Posted by Annaliese View Post
    My friend Nicole took me shopping we went into Sephora and the sale girl was so nice and I to was in drab and she new it was for me she even tried so on my face to match my skin. It was a great feeling.
    Funny you say that, Sephora is where I was
    "Just follow your heart, that's what I do" - Napoleon Dynamite

@CourtneyGlenn91 - Twitter

Facebook

By the vibes we give off I think some of us would be naturals at selling Avon or Mary Kay Hon.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Gold Member
    If they have been around, they have helped us before. I have seen other men in Ulta before (as in not dressed) and they were in the make-up isles. We aren't so rare in those stores.

Courtney...I go into cosmetic stores all the time, and have been in multiple states. I have never had an issue with any of the sales girls or guys. They have all been so great in helping out to find the proper look. This goes for clothes shopping as well. Everyone is always so helpful and it is always a wonderful expierence when shopping. I wish you a ton more happy shopping trips. Hugz

Most major chain makeup places are all too willing and eager to help guys. I had a girl match me up with Dermablend at Macys last month. I go into MAC all the time and have them put stuff on me.
    My goal in a coupe of months after I complete my beard laser ( I figure July or August) is to go into those places totally bare-faced, and en femme and get a complete makeover.

Yep, I was just in Ulta a week or so ago. In drab, by the way. Yes, my heart was beating pretty good and I was a little nervous, but I went in on a Monday morning about 10:30.... First time I'd ever been in there, but I wanted to finally buy some Dermablend and I told the sales girl that I needed something to cover my beard shadow. She took me over to the Dermablend and matched me right up, she put a little on me and had me take a look in the mirror. Not a big deal at all. Just be ready to flash a smile. Smiles make everything go wayyy smoother.

Suzanne

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    The SA's in makeup shops are the same as SA's in any store. They are there to make money! And how do they do that, well by making sales of course. Most SA's anywhere don't care what sex you are, or how you are dressed! They care whether you can pay for what you want! I have shopped for feminine things for myself all over the United States and in a few foreign countries and have never had a problem. The clerks really don't are who is buying!

Oh yes, as Suzanne said, remember to smile! Smiles really do make the world go round!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Just a girl at heart too Kerigirl2009's Avatar
    I think the world could be this way if we stopped hiding who we want to be and where just ourselves, its kinda like high school were everyone has to dress the same and the ones that dress different are not included with the popular crowd. You know what, its not that bad being different.
    I wish I had the courage to just be myself and live my life how I want

the firsts are the most fun just enjoy yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Kate Simmons View Post
    By the vibes we give off I think some of us would be naturals at selling Avon or Mary Kay Hon.
    One of the girls [CD/TG] in my town is an Avon rep. She also runs a TG support group.