Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have you mastered being feminine?

Have you mastered being feminine?

Do you feel that you have mastered the art of looking and feeling what you consider to be feminine? Why do you feel you have? If not, what do you feel you would have to attain to get to that point? Or, do you feel that it is something that is not attainable? I'm sure it's all a matter of individual perspective but I'm interested in how you all feel about this.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

nope! still a learning process but im getting better and better every day. the only thing i attained is weight
    witch i need to get ride of and im sure i will be more passible. oh ya and getting my ears pierced.
    i guess all will come in do time.

Platinum Member
    Far from it. I am gradually getting a little better at my physical presentation...wardrobe, make up, etc. My voice and mannerisms have a long way to go, but I am working on them.

I don't expect to be perfect, but I do hope to be sufficiently competent that I can blend in well.

I regret that I tried so hard as a teenager to fulfill everybody else's idea of what a 'macho' man would be. I went out for sports, did a lot of weightlifting, did thid and did that just to fulfill everybody else's desire as to what I should be. Consequently I developed too many habits and shaped my once feminine looking body into something that is very unfeminine. I've tried reversing the process with no success. I do live in the real world and feel very uncomfortable expressing anything femme. Wish I would've taken a different turn back then.

The femme feelings I had as a child, teenager have however always stayed with me. At least I have that.

Define feminine. Do I look like a woman when I dress? Yes. Can I bake a cake (how stereotypical)? yes. Can I fix a wall or a car or do landscaping? Yes. Can I cuddle and watch old movies? Yes. Can I really hate when guys think that being feminine is wearing a dress or heels or make up or walking like they have something in their pantyhose or doing the myriad of things that guys think women should do? Yes, I have mastered that.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

No but I've "mistressed" being feminineish"
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Banned Read only
    When it comes to wearing the clothes I believe I appear feminine. I have watched many of the instructional videos on the Internet. I have adjusted my mannerism, when en femme: brushing the hair out of my face, the walk, the proper feminine traits of sitting like a lady. If I could just get a younger face, that would be helpful. My wife says I have a younger face than my age (she's a doll) but it is too masculine.

This is a long journey what with the wardrobe, makeup, body issues and the like. Like the other posters, I feel that I am getting better at it and it's becoming more natural. Each day, I find that I've gotten a little 'trick' down pat and move on to the next one.

As the zeros start to pile up in the checking account (someday) that's when the physical 'corrections' can occur. I've gotten my attitude started in the right direction now it's just all the little details.

I'm having a blast at it and gettin out and about really makes me feel just that much better...

Renne.....

Can I act like the typical girl and pull it off? Usually! As far as being feminine.... Depends on how that is defined. Which can vary from person to person.

For me being comfortable in public dressed as a woman is close enough. The rest is my inner peace and feelings which I am mastering slowly but surely.

I envy everyone who has posted to this thread because you're all so much further along than I am, or probably will ever be. If I had not found true love at 55, and maybe even the possibility of another kid (which is the best thing in the world for me), then I would be trying to follow this path, rather hopelessly. As it is I just love wearing dresses and heels sometimes. My wife accepts that but doesn't want to be around.

I am sensitive to Lorileah's points. When guys think girls "should" dress this way and do that and walk that way, it's sad and maybe sick. The one time it can be positive is if both partners enjoy it -- I love it when you do that, and you love my loving it, etc.

Lisa

I have always seemed to act sort of feminine naturally.
    I have been teased over the way I run, the way I sing, the way I hold a cup or glass. And I have often found myself sitting or using my hands in a very feminine way.
    And in 4” heals you should see me wiggle.
    But it all comes without consciously having to think about it?

I just thought it was becouse there is a bit of girl in there somewhere.

SUZY

Hi Kate I think I look feminine. I know I feel feminine when all done up. The mannerisms and the walk still need work. 50+ years of being a guy takes some retraining.

Great responses so far my friends. The way I personally see it is to just be yourself, be in tune with your feelings and the rest will naturally follow, especially in relation to presentation.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I don't think I will ever be perfect. I seem to learn something new all the time. It's an on going journy that I never expect to end. I guess that's part of what makes it fun!
    Mina Lost aka Lynda

I feel that just as with a little girl growing to womanhood this is a never ending process. We are always learning how to conduct ourselves, modifying how we look and always attempting to achieve perfection. I think that if we feel we have fully achieved our goal then we will become stagnant and fall behind.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Have not, as Karen said, "Mistressed" the art yet, and expect I never will. I manage to blend pretty well, so long as no one looks closely at me, and if I can bop around town in my own little fantasy world without anyone puncturing the bubble, that's about all I ever really hoped for, anyway.

Chelsea Von Chastity gender_blender's Avatar
    I believe I have mastered being feminine within the confines of my frame and facial structure without having any surgery.

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate Simmons
    Do you feel that you have mastered the art of looking and feeling what you consider to be feminine? Why do you feel you have? If not, what do you feel you would have to attain to get to that point? Or, do you feel that it is something that is not attainable?
    [SIZE="2"]According to whose criteria? I don’t feel I have to “master” anything, in fact doing so spoils the fun – why not just enjoy dressing, play at being a girl, and leave it at that? That attitude may anger “career” TG types, but I’m just a boy who dresses as a girl on occasion, no big whoop…

I’m happy to be the recipient of the good vibrations crossdressing provides, meaning I can float around in my crossdressed state and tuck masculinity away – the latter has been pushed into the closet, literally, and “she” is allowed to flourish. But, is she feminine, or just a blended cocktail of gender attributes that “passes” for female? I can only be what I am, dressed or not…

If a mastery of femininity is something worthy of attainment, what do I get out of removing all vestiges of my birth gender? I may feel like I’ve traveled to one of the poles, only to find I have nowhere to go but back from whence I came – as such, this is NOT my life journey, meaning I am not trying to attain perfection via dressing, comportment, and willful suspension of disbelief. I am much more interested in mastering other things, and crossdressing helps me stay the course towards those achievable goals…
    [/SIZE]

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    When Tina started out my wife explained that growing up as a girl was the "boot camp" of learning to be feminine. So, Tina started out as a newborn, learning how to dress herself in clothes expected of girls. As a young child she experimented with makeup and jewelry and such, and then moved on to adolescence including emotions, psychology, language, deprotment, etc. You can see that it's simply taken time to learn and master being a girl bit by bit over time, and sometimes with trial and error!

At this point Tina is considered a teenager, so there are some things she is pretty good at, some things she needs work, and other things that really have not yet been brought into the frey.

There is a ways to go, but there have been real successes along the way!

Mastered? Heavens no! I doubt that I ever will.

However, every new thing I learn adds to my enjoyment.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I don't ever think thats going to happen. GG learn from the time they are born, their movement and thought process in ingrain. A gurl has to act too for years to master their movements. With a GG it's just natural.

No and I don't think I ever will. I just want to enjoy myself and it simply isn't necessary. Besides I can't unlearn 75 years of masculinity.

Haha at 6'5" and 250 pounds, 200 at my most anorexic, I am never read as feminine. I suspect that I am read as gay, or queer, etc, but I don't worry about it because to me it is about personal expression.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

There is always a lot more to learn. I've settled on a look and a wardrobe that works well enough for me most of the time, but I would never be so pretentious as to say I've "mastered" the craft. If I ever stop wanting to learn and improve my presentation, it will be time to stick me in the ground. (And I feel the same way about work, hobbies and other activities I do. The idea of reaching the level of a "master" in a trade went out with the guilds of the Middle Ages, if you ask me.)

- Diane

Trouble.. Yep thats me Beth Mays's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by April_Ligeia View Post
    Haha at 6'5" and 250 pounds, 200 at my most anorexic, I am never read as feminine. .. to me it is about personal expression.
    I too do not think I could pass no matter what. 6 foot 200# my arms are a dead giveaway ..... sure is fun to try though!
    Maximus Decimus Meridius (Gladiator):
    What we do in this life, echoes in eternity..

You can fine me here on Facebook!