Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask-a-gg

hey Presh, yeah Ellanore is right its Other Half basically the same as SO (Significant Other) x

I wear heels for dressier outfits and ankle boots with slim jeans. I wear sneakers when I go to the gym, work boots when I mow the lawn, and rubber clogs when it's raining outside. I wear sandals in the summer: flat with shorts or casual skirts and heeled with dresses.

My heels range from 3-4" to flat. I tend to wear the flat shoes/ankle boots/sandals during the day time.

I do not own any platform shoes. They would bring my height up to 6'2.
    Reine

I wear heels for dressy events and depending on what I am wearing most days flats or ankle boots. Have knee high boots for the club Sandals in the summer.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

I wear heels/boots for the way they look mainly, they can be comfortable for short distance walking but if im walking too long they make my feet hurt but hey at least they look good! :P plus for me wearing heels/boots make me feel more confident and I do walk more confidently when im wearing them and I love wearing my ankle boots with my skinny jeans x

plain jane cross dresser Kimberly Renee's Avatar

A woman is more than body parts

Am interested in the opinions of the GG's. Recently, I saw a statement of "my breasts are growing, I'm a real woman now!" and "I can't wait to go full time and be a real woman!" I've seen other posts along similar lines. (I'm not pointing fingers as I've probably said similar things myself)

GG's - does it bother you that some men equate being a real woman with body parts, hormones or lifestyle? Or do you laugh it off and think to yourself "they just don't get it".

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberly Renee View Post

does it bother you that some men equate being a real woman with body parts, hormones or lifestyle? Or do you laugh it off and think to yourself "they just don't get it".
    No it doesn't bother me I just laugh it off as they really don't get and IMHO most of it is fantasy.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

GG's - does it bother you that some men equate being a real woman with body parts,
    It does not bother me.....I just roll my eyes and think they just do not get it.
    Whatevers ever
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Administrator

GG's - does it bother you that some men equate being a real woman with body parts,...
    Yup.

Or ... think to yourself "they just don't get it".
    I do think they just don't get it. It's the man in them speaking, I'm afraid.

I found a pic of a piece-meal woman a while back. It's how I feel when I read some of the posts in here ... a bunch of disjointed body parts:

PiecemealWoman.jpg
    Reine

No more than it does when Movies, Magazines and Newpapers do it. They are following the mold that society has already establish. It is kinda hard to get mad at them for that. I do like that my CD BF does try to listen when I explain that there is more to it than that and give him examples. He will never completely get it, but at least he tries for me.

sometimes this kind of thinking does bother me a little. just like a man we are greater than the sum of our body parts, just looking like a woman doesn't really mean you can understand the things that we go though everyday. once in the shoe store my SO made a passing reference similar to, "if i were a woman, i'd wear heels everyday!!" well, i just laughed, of course he didn't mean any harm but it made me feel like maybe I was less than his expectations because I absolutely don't wear heels everyday. And I'm sure if he did wear heels everyday he wouldn't really like them either. They hurt your feet and sometimes you have to hustle to the store before they close and carry lots of things around and heels aren't practical for those times. I wear heels often when we go out but during the week i don't.

We also had a discussion about what feeling feminine means to one another. I was very intrigued by his response, mine was that I feel most feminine when I am maybe getting dressed to go out, out of the shower, or when we lay together and he holds me and I feel safe and loved and wanted by him, sort of protected. He on the other hand had a much different feeling, his was more "treat me like a woman means to be almost overpowered or dominated or to be handled in a certain way" or something to that effect (he doesn't treat me that way so i didn't see the connection there). Anyway. my general impression is that many crossdressers have this view and it makes many of the gg's laugh because we know what it is like -- and it's pretty far off base at times.
    Last edited by Gigi; 10-29-2013 at 06:38 PM.
    “The minute you settle for less than you deserve, you get even less than you settled for. ”
    ― Maureen Dowd

Hi,
    I guess this question has been asked before, but my search has not revealed the desired results. So to the GG's, here is my question. Is there anything about yourSO's CDing that you regard as positive? What I mean by this is, does he have traits that you normally do not find in other men? Is he more caring and considerate, more supportive or understanding, or do you accept him as he is because you love him? Would you rather like to have the same person without the CDing or is there some positives?

Thanks in advance for the replies.

Hanlie

Quote Originally Posted by Hanlie View Post
    Does he have traits that you normally do not find in other men? Is he more caring and considerate, more supportive or understanding, or do you accept him as he is because you love him? Would you rather like to have the same person without the CDing or is there some positives?
    I like that he's interested in talking about the role gender plays in our society. And I like that he's a caring & generous person. But I knew him as a great guy for twenty years before I knew about the cross-dressing, and I don't see the wonderful traits as growing out of his cross-dressing.

Now that he wants to cross-dress more (and more openly), he has become more self-absorbed & obsessive, and less considerate of others' feelings. So the changes are all on the negative side, from my perspective.

Hi,
    I guess this question has been asked before, but my search has not revealed the desired results. So to the GG's, here is my question. Is there anything about yourSO's CDing that you regard as positive? What I mean by this is, does he have traits that you normally do not find in other men? Is he more caring and considerate, more supportive or understanding, or do you accept him as he is because you love him? Would you rather like to have the same person without the CDing or is there some positives?

Hanlie
    He's always been caring, understanding, affectionate, etc. I dont think CDing has anything at all to do with his wonderful character and personality.

I think the she in him is a bit more self-centered than the he. When he's a he, I feel like we spend time together as a unit. When he's a she, I feel like she exists independant from me. And while my presence is appreciated, she would be just as well without me. I wouldn't say she's selfish... just more focused on herself and less in tune to my feelings.

The only good thing I can think of is that I know I can dig into his makeup stash if mine runs out :/

Yes, my SO is caring, considerate, sensitive and understanding. But, I do not see these as qualities that belong strictly to CDing men. Other men in my life that love me or with whom I feel a deep friendship (my father, my brother, close male friends) are also just as caring, considerate, sensitive and understanding toward me and their other loved ones.

I accept my SO's gender fluidity because it is a part of him and I love him/her. I cannot imagine my SO being any other way.
    Reine

I think the traits that make me love him and her are what I would look for in a mate and nothing to do with cding really,
    But with your question
    . Is there anything about yourSO's CDing that you regard as positive
    I thinks we have alot of fun sharing all this together and can make for a very intimate relationship.
    Last edited by Di; 10-31-2013 at 09:09 PM.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Administrator

Am interested in the opinions of the GG's. Recently, I saw a statement of "my breasts are growing, I'm a real woman now!" and "I can't wait to go full time and be a real woman!" I've seen other posts along similar lines. (I'm not pointing fingers as I've probably said similar things myself)

GG's - does it bother you that some men equate being a real woman with body parts, hormones or lifestyle? Or do you laugh it off and think to yourself "they just don't get it".
    Sometimes it bothers me; they are missing out on the fun times of pms, and menopause. Most of the time I don't care.

Hi,

Hanlie
    I think there are men who are kind, considerate, and caring who do not cross dress. I am sure there are men who cross dress who are unkind and inconsiderate.

I knew about my guys cross dressing before I met him, and it is one of a long list of features. I think he is the way he is (kind, considerate, caring) for other reasons.

To me, the benefits of being in a relationship with a cross dresser include mutual enjoyment of clothes shopping, indulging in beauty rituals together, and raiding "her" closet for a few key pieces that fit me.
    Last edited by Di; 10-31-2013 at 09:10 PM. Reason: use the multi quote option
    Susan GG

Hi,
    I guess this question has been asked before, but my search has not revealed the desired results. So to the GG's, here is my question. Is there anything about your SO's CDing that you regard as positive? What I mean by this is, does he have traits that you normally do not find in other men? Is he more caring and considerate, more supportive or understanding, or do you accept him as he is because you love him? Would you rather like to have the same person without the CDing or is there some positives?

Hanlie
    My SO is unlike any other man I have ever met. He is very loving, understanding, sensitive, compassionate and thoughtful...he's truly a beautiful soul. I love all those things about him -- a lot of things about our personality are similar. I don't however think that he is this way because he is a crossdresser. I think that it is all relative and he is the way he is because that is who he is and crossdressing is just a facet. I think everything about a person is based on two things, genetics and life experiences. Nature AND nuture. so i think that to say he is this was because of his crossdressing is false. I think that everyone has things about their personalities that make them unique, I accept him for who he is -- flaws and all (and i don't include crossdressing as a flaw). I don't think he'd be the same person without his crossdressing so I wouldn't want him not to be. I do agree with some of the other girls in that inherently i feel there is a selfishness associated with crossdressing to an extent. But I feel that my SO is very good about when I tell him my feelings and keeping things in balance.
    “The minute you settle for less than you deserve, you get even less than you settled for. ”
    ― Maureen Dowd

I enjoy reading this thread from time to time. My question to all the beautiful GG’s here is this:

Why do you think female to male cross dressing isn’t as common as male to female cross dressing? I know that there is a Transmen section in this forum but post and thread counts there is just a small percentage of male to female cross dressers section.

Thanks in advance for all the replies.

Aspiring Member Silentpartner GG SO's Avatar
    Hi Sarah
    speaking totally off the top of my head because I cannot get inside the head of another female but I think it could be a number of reasons -
    my first theory -most women dont tend to think of clothes as changing their persona - I dont feel any less female or feminine in a pair of old jeans & T-shirt than I do in a frilly dress.
    my second theory - women are far more free to wear whatever clothing they like - personally I dont own more than one dress and no skirts at all - they are just not practical for my lifestyle - nothing to do with trying to be a guy or look like a guy, trousers and jeans are just way more comfy for me -however unless I was to put on underpants and cut my hair real short and wear a stick on moustache, I am never going to be mistaken for a guy
    third theory - how do we know there are less women to men crossdressers ? just because there arent many on this particular forum, doesnt necessarily mean there are fewer of them, my personal view is that 100% straight women dont tend to feel the need to talk about clothes the same way that male to female cross dressers do so maybe that is the same with female to male crossdressers - maybe the are just comfortable with what they do and dont feel the need the 'share' their experiences and fantasies in the same way
    just my take in it - but what do I know - I am 100% female and dont wish to change that

FtMs in general tend to NOT crossdress, even though they may go through a period of experimentation when they first discover who they are internally. It is also not sexual for FtMs and they aren't enamored with male clothes in the same way that MtFs are enamored with female clothes. I don't think that FtMs go through "blue fogs" like the reverse for MtFs. And so FtMs tend to just present in a way that reflects who they are, all the time. In other words, most are closer to being TS (transmen) where the clothing really isn't a big deal. If there is any hiding from parents and such, it tends to happen rather early in their lives after which they do eventually resolve this, and are free to be who they are all the time.

If you look at the numbers on this site, you'll see that the vast majority of posts and threads here are made by the crossdressers. The TS section is much smaller, as is the FtM section.

I dare say that many transmen are also entrenched in the lesbian community (at least the ones that I know personally), and so they already have a measure of support.
    Reine

My thoughts on this.....it is not about clothing for them it is about being the male they have always felt inside. And here in our local trans-family group there are many transmen in our group.
    They seem to figure this all out early .... there is no back and forth they tend to live their life as a male.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Administrator

Aspiring Member Silentpartner GG SO's Avatar
    Hanlee thats a pretty impossible question to answer really, the OH is who he is, and has always had the CD element so how could I possibly know if he would still have exactly the same characteristics if he wasnt a CD'er?

I think the other GG's have answered as well as is possible - some men are kind and considerate and some are selfish and mean - and some of those in both categories are CD'ers - personally I dont think the CD'ing side of a guy necessarily has anything to do with their other qualities or lack of

Banned Read only
    Great question. It doesn't bother me from a gender bias perspective but it does from a practical aspect because it sounds like the girls don't know what they are getting themselves into. The girls I know who are transitioning haven't used this expression around me. I've mainly heard girls say they are going full-time at such and such a date. For anyone who is considering going full-time especially those who have never presented as a woman publicly, I caution them about discrimination they will experience as women and violence against women. I let them know that yes being a woman is a lot of fun but it's a lot of work and risk too.

I love being partnered with my CD. I love the sexual expressiveness and role play, the willingness to explore new ideas, and the incredible level of acceptance we have for each other. Much of this can be attributed to his CD lifestyle. For example, he has received much judgment in other relationships about dressing, which has led him to believe that much of love is being accepting of each other. The gender role reversal also can lead to fun bedroom play that would not be likely with a non-CD.
    Last edited by Tamara Croft; 11-19-2013 at 07:24 PM. Reason: multiposting isn't allowed posts merged read the rules please

To the GG's who approve, support or even enable their CDing spouses: What do you think might be your characteristics that you all have in common?

My ex-wife was a don't ask, don't tell person. She was not supportive but let me dress in her presence on occasion. She had many good qualities like being a nice and kind person, but I guess I am looking for characteristics deeper than that. I am looking for characteristics that might point me towards a wonderful GG that I hope to meet one day.

I'm not a spouse but I am responding to Susan's question. Based in what I've read and my own experience, I believe that supportive, accepting GGs have a few qualities or personality features in common, either at the onset or after time:
    An open mind in general
    A healthy ego/sense of self confidence
    Common sense; a guy dressing as a girl is not a sign of the Apocolypse
    A desire for their CDing SO to live life authentically and be happy/at peace/his best self

I think having an open mind and accepting that not everyone lives the same way is the best indicator.
    Susan GG