Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask-a-gg

Question for the genetic girls, prompted by another topic on the form.. I´d like to ask if any of you still wear slips, either half or full? What seems to be the current thinking on this.

Thanks in advance, Amanda.

PS. Mods, if this is in the wrong place, please let me know!
    If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!

Jenny,

I knew about my spouse's gender issues but I imposed a DADT policy for almost 19 years. But, when I would go out of town, I would sometimes go to VS and buy a little something and leave it on the bed for her to find when she got home. She would call and say thank you, and we would never discuss it again.

I never gave it too much thought about why I did it or how I felt, so you ask a good question for reflection.

I think I felt guilty because of the DADT policy, and that's why I bought things for her. I always thought she dressed en femme when I was gone. I recently found out she never did, she only underdressed.

Also, I was a little bit sad that I could not support her when I was there, but would recognize her when I wasn't. Plus, I remember being a little bit conflicted on spending the money because the stuff I bought for her was never on sale, but I only bought stuff for me when it was on sale. And a little bit of anger, that I felt guilty and sad and conflicted.

Maybe because of the DADT policy, I never had good feelings associated with what I was doing. But I still did it. Again, another reason why the DADT policy does not work

I.

Amanda,

I only wear skirts below my knees, and when I do, I still wear half slips. I probably wear slips because I have always done so, or more likely because I don't like my skirts clinging to me

I.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 07-17-2013 at 10:49 AM. Reason: merged consecutive posts. try and merge posts with edit when you post so close together thanks

Jenny,

I felt happy about making him happy and showing acceptance.

Amanda,

I haven't worn a slip or even owned a slip since I was a kid. I didn't know women still wore them.
    Erin
    I wear the sassypants in the family.

“The greatest obstacle to connecting
    with our joy is resentment.”
    ~ Pema Chödrön ~

A Guide to Overcoming Envy

Jenny - Shortly after I met my SO I bought her the Venus triple-blade razor and Aveeno shaving gel for women. I wanted to give her a small token to show her my support. I did not experience any strong feelings in any direction, other than the normal feelings that one experiences when giving someone a gift we know they will appreciate.

Amanda - I have a long printed summer skirt that is on the sheer side, under which I wear a light slip for modesty purposes. I also have several winter light wool dresses that are not lined, and so must wear a small slip in order to avoid cling. So my use of slips is strictly functional and I don't wear one when I don't need one.
    Reine

If you have ever bought your CD SO anything feminine when (s)he wasn't with you, then I'd like to ask you two questions about the first time you did that.
    What did you buy, and how did you feel?
    When we first met we only saw each other every few months and I bought Sherlyn tons of things from dresses to nighties to jewlery.But she did the same buying me new makeup,shoes are some cute clothing items she thought I might like. Everytime we got together was like xmas. ( we lived in different countrys then)
    I just felt and feel the same as buying for any loved one...hope she likes it as much as I do.
    Now days we mostly shop together

Amanda,
    I have one sheer summer skirt I need to wear a slip other than that I never do.Did as a young girl but prob have very rarely wore one since then.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

GG
    Quote Originally Posted by Amanda M View Post
    Question for the genetic girls, prompted by another topic on the form.. I´d like to ask if any of you still wear slips, either half or full? What seems to be the current thinking on this.
    I have a slip to wear under long sheer skirts. (Seems we all have the same problem with those!) I could probably count all the slips I've ever owned on one hand.

Thank you ladies for your answers.
    If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!

I have a question for those GGs who are mothers or those who can think of themselves as mothers. All those years ago , when I was becoming acquainted with female clothes, (in short my mothers) I lived in fear of being discovered. I wondered if there was a difference in being caught with just one clothing item, such as panties or a slip, as opposed to the entire ensemble. Remember in those days (50s-60s) underwear was more complicated than today. Or if I was just wearing a dress over my boy underwear would that have been a lesser crime?

It wouldn't have been a crime to me, but I would have been concerned about you just as much whether you wore one of my items or 5, no matter how complicated they were to put on.

I say that I would have been concerned under the premise that we are living decades ago and I knew nothing about being a crossdresser or a transsexual. I would have worried about you fitting in with the rest of the boys, and I would have wondered if you were gay.

Of course, I know better since I am involved with the community.
    Reine

It would not have been a crime....any of that. And way back when my kids were young.....I would have not known about cding but I would have looked for answers.
    But like Reine has said I would have been worried inside till I knew what I know now. But I never would think it was a crime or even wrong.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Administrator

Thank you, GGs, for answering my question about buying something for your SO. It's probably meaningless to draw conclusions from 4 responses, but I was surprised by your answers. I expected more responses like Ilene's and fewer "I did it just because he'd like it."

Perhaps because I have a very complex mix of emotions related to CDing, I expected everyone else to.

Thanks for your enlightenment. :-)

-J

GG, SO of one lovely CDer Shae Baby's Avatar
    well, i'm not sure that I could answer the first question to it's fullest with out knowing more in depth about your relationship, but I will give a one sided opinion. I think that ( in some ways) it can be a bit stressful on a woman to be married to a CDer just for the simple fact that it makes you ask a lot of questions about yourself that might make them feel a bit uncomfortable. it can make a girl question her femininity, her sexuality, and even her position in her marriage. that being said, there are plenty of reasons why your wife decided that she didn't want to do it any more and I think that a lot of them may have had to do with her not being too honest with herself, and that's on her, not you. your relationship cant have just fallen apart JUST because of your CDing. that just seems a bit far fetched to me.

as for question 2. I was raised to be accepting of everyone, and that was a HUGE stepping stone. another reason is that I happen to like it when a man knows how to dress himself and apply makeup. just so long as my husband dresses as a man when I let him know that I'm missing that side of him then I see no reason to keep him from dressing most of the time. it makes him comfortable, and when he feels good, I feel good.
    I don't need a masculine man in order to validate myself as a woman.

Banned Read only
    I have a sort of fashion question. My wife has answered to me already but I was hoping for a consensus of sorts. Here it is in a few parts:
    1) do you wear strapless or spaghetti stap or halter tops/dresses?

if not, why?

If you do, (and related to the "nots" I am sure) what do you do about a bra?

I do wear strapless and spahetti straps....I think my shoulders are a good feature

I do have areas I do not like and cover

I wear a strapless bra

F.A.B. Forum Access

Administrator

I don't wear strapless at all. They don't stay up (I have B cups). If I wear a spaghetti strap dress or top, I'll wear a bra with thin straps, and I'll consider the color of the bra straps as part of the outfit (or sometimes I'll wear a skin-tone bra, and pretend no one can see the straps).

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post

if not, why?

It depends on the venue. I don't really see any strapless tops, unless either at the beach (tube tops or strapless bathing suits for the younger women), or in evening and club wear.

I do have a fabulous halter top (like the top of this bathing suit, but longer) that I wear for going out to nightclubs ... but not in my day-to-day outings. I wear a strapless bra underneath tight enough at the band that it stays up without any issues. I asked my SO if she would wear a top like this and she can't, because of the weight of the breast forms. I do wear plain camis with thin straps, but usually under a very light shirt even if the shirt is see-through. Bottom line, I am conscious of my age. At under 40, I did not give wearing tops like this or short minis (in the heat of the summer) a second thought.

FYI, not all halters are the same, some have enough coverage:

http://favefashions.com/fashionimage...ted-halter.jpg
    http://www3.assets-gap.com/webconten.../cn6558568.jpg
    Reine

I don't wear strapless or spaghetti strap tops. I feel self conscious about my upper arms and shoulders. Not a good look for me personally. If I did, I would buy one of those adjustable bras that adapt from halter to strapless

hi there!

so i am a cd too.

my question is - what do GG exactly like in the cds? Is it the appearance, confidence or feminine appearance? Because as far as I have heard, most women prefer masculine men.

For me has nothing to do with appearance, confidence or feminine appearance.

Iit has to do with who I can be honest with, and they are honest with me. Who is as real as I am, and who is free to be themselves as I am.. Add good humor, alot of fun and LOVE. Thats what I like and need in my relationship with my cd.
    Last edited by Di; 09-30-2013 at 10:20 AM.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Administrator

I love my crossdressing husband, but I don't like his crossdressing. I like his masculine appearance when he's not dressed, and I like his overall confidence in himself, and I like his sexy laugh, and his particular outlook on life.

The only positive from my perspective to the crossdressing is that sometimes it makes him interested in talking about gender issues in our society. That's a topic I like to think about, so now he's a little more interested in that.

Add good humor, alot of fun and LOVE. Thats what I like and need in my relationship with my cd.
    I totally agree with this. I believe crossdressing is an excelent two - ways road for a couple.
    Female. Dominant wife of a happy and sweet crossdresser.

Quote Originally Posted by chatbuddy1987 View Post
    hi there!

so i am a cd too.

my question is - what do GG exactly like in the cds? Is it the appearance, confidence or feminine appearance? Because as far as I have heard, most women prefer masculine men.
    With me I just like that he can trust me with it and be open with me about it and its a whole new level of closeness and trust, plus I have a boyfriend that actually has a decent opinion on what im wearing :P

Aspiring Member Silentpartner GG SO's Avatar
    hi there!

so i am a cd too.

To me, it isnt a question of what I like in the CD's.
    I'd rather my OH wasnt a CD'er but he is and I love him 'in spite' of it not 'because' of it.

I like a masculine man, not a man in wig, dress & make-up - simple as that but I cant change him so no choice really

By "masculine men" if you mean "ultra macho" this is a stereotype. Most guys are, well, just guys. They don't dress as girls but this does not make them any more masculine than a CDer who is presenting in guy mode.

That said, I love my SO for all of who my SO is, no matter how my SO presents. I am ultra accepting and supportive but this does not mean that I have a general preference for CDers or Gender Non-Conforming people.
    Reine

GG
    hi there!

so i am a cd too.

As SilentPartner wrote, the wigs, make up, femininity etc are definitely not what I like about my H. I find it curious that anyone would think a GG would prefer this stuff. I assume some do but I haven't met one yet, lol. And I'd be annoyed if my H was only confident when dressed - that would also be curious in my mind, like a split personality or something. Thankfully my H is confident no matter what he's wearing.

But ultimately it's the man underneath that I notice and the less of the other stuff the better