Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You saved 98% (a new personal best)/ We've Still Got A Long Way To Go, Baby

You saved 98% (a new personal best)/ We've Still Got A Long Way To Go, Baby

My local travels around SoCal for work sometimes put me in the vicinity of new boutiques, or at least ones that are new to me. Well I recently had some time to kill and found an upscale boutique to browse in. I knew quickly that I was in over my head given that many dresses on the 75% off rack were still over $300!!!

But then I found this other sale rack and the prices were ridiculously low. I found these gorgeous knit dresses and bought two different colors for $5 each, regular $278. They fit perfect but the style will be a bit of a challenge to wear because of a plunging neckline. It either needs a perfect slip underneath, perhaps with pretty details about a v-neck, or some sort of cami. It'll be fun to find what works.

I also picked up these cropped pants for $10. They are a rich tweed in super fine detail. These were originally $473 (like I'd pay that much in the first place). For what it's worth, you can tell the difference between a pant like this and one that might be found anywhere else for under $100, but not so much that I'd make it a habit to spend that kind of money full-price. Still, I'm glad to have it for all of $10.

When all was said and done, we are talking $20 for $993 worth of stuff, a savings of just over 98%!!!
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

I have bought some ridiculous clothes for 80 to 90 percent off.
    Last edited by ReineD; 06-12-2012 at 11:40 AM. Reason: You need to post items for sale in the Classified section.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

We've (STILL) got a long way to go, baby

Nearly two years ago, I started what ended up being a quite spirited thread about an encounter with a SA in a women's boutique who would not let me use a fitting room in guy mode.

Fast forward to the present.

There is a little back-story that also should be shared. I happened into this very upscale boutique the other day. As usual, I had every intention of simply browsing, particularly because I was in guy mode. And early on, I figured browsing would be all that would be needed because of the super high prices (the example I used in the shopping thread was that these 75% off dresses were still over $300 on sale).

At this point, let me describe the scene a bit. The store is the epitome of rich and elegant. The lighting is low and the surroundings are opulent. Two SA's were working and I happened to be the only customer in the store and as such, one of them was kind of hovering over me. At first, I simply said I was browsing, not feeling any burning need for disclosure at that time. However, after perusing the 75% off racks and finding nothing, I found this other sale rack where things were marked down ridiculously. Like $5 for a dress, lots of pant styles for $10. Some skirts were $20 and I don't recall seeing anything for more than $60.

I then heard one of the SA's ask the hovering one "so is he shopping for his gf or wife???" to which she replied "he didn't say". This is where I came to the conclusion that buying a $5 dress without trying on was of no risk financially but this $49 one that I absolutely loved (regular price, over $1K...go figure!) was going to require a try-on. So I pulled a picture on my iPhone, actually my current avatar picture, and told the SA that I was sorry for being vague but that I was actually shopping for myself. Her face lit up, almost with a sigh of relief and she was truly amazed when I then showed her the picture.

Back at the super cheap rack, I picked out two dresses and asked if I could try them on REAL QUICK. She said OK but the look on her face turned to absolute unease. Clearly this was something brand new in her world.

When all was said and done, the dresses didn't fit. The one I loved so much came so very close. With a shaper underneath, it just might work. I put them back and bought two other dresses and a pair of cropped pants, spending a whopping $20 for everything!

As I was leaving, I thanked the hovering SA for taking that leap of faith with me and for allowing me to use the fitting room.

So unlike the original tale during the summer of 2010, this one had a better ending but still, there was an element of discomfort present on the part of the SA's that made me feel very uncomfortable as well. I don't get a sense they learned a whole lot from the experience. I may be wrong but if another TG individual were to happen into their store again in the near future (whether presenting as female or male), I think the discomfort on their part will remain, showing we still have a long way to go before true acceptance across the board is in our grasp.
    Last edited by Nigella; 06-12-2012 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Removed link to merge with previous thread started same day
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Sara, I'm surprised that you're over-thinking this so much, considering the progress that you have made in your CDing, and the fact that you seem so absolutely at ease with yourself when out and about en femme.

True, this whole crossdressing/shopping openly for women's clothing in boutiques and speciality stores thingy is a learning experience for both the Muggles (as you so mischievously put it ) and ourselves. And for both groups, our comfort level with it grows with increased exposure to it and a gradual dissipation of the fear of the unknown.

Granted, asking to try on women's clothes when in drab does push the envelope in terms of this comfort level for both parties. I've done it too - mainly as a challenge to myself and to see what the reaction to it would be. Generally, it has been O.K., albeit not overly enthusiastic on the part of the SA's or shop owners that I have interacted with (a couple of notable exceptions notwithstanding). But truthfully, I prefer to shop en femme when I'm also looking to try on my prospective purchases - it just makes things so much easier, and strips away all the layers of bullsh*t that might go along with trying to push the envelope in this way. And really, what is the point if it just serves to make both parties uncomfortable?

For my part, I am always aware of the fact that while a shop owner might be quite prepared (and happy) to include crossdressers among her customer base, her female customers may not. So the shop owner is always dancing on the knife edge as to which customer base to serve at the risk of alienating the other. Add into the mix the fact that GG's form the bulk of their clientele while at the same time, anti-discrimination legislation in most jurisdictions would preclude them from refusing to serve us, then things really do get complicated.

That's even more true in the case of high-end boutiques of the type that you just visited, and for whom developing a certain brand or cachet is vital for their survival in such a rarefied atmosphere. And to have it compromised by developing a reputation as being a "tranny" hangout (especially amongst the snooty hoi-polloi that would be their target demographic) - that could prove catastrophic for their business. So my philosophy is - and always has been - when out shopping en femme, I dress as authentically, age-appropriately and in a manner that is as respectful of GG's as possible, as opposed to presenting a cartoonish, drag version of my female self.

My sense is that you yourself follow the same philosophy in principle, and can also vouch for the fact that this "pay it forward" approach usually pays huge dividends in terms of acceptance, great service, and overall awesome shopping experiences.

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Nice bargains, girl!!

It's true. We do have a ways to go. Thank you, Sara, for moving us a bit closer. If we can each affect one person at a time and give them a positive view of us, what a world this could be in a few years!

Kathi
    Last edited by Kathi Lake; 06-12-2012 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Nigella removed the reason for my reminder

You are the shopping queen, Sara. Would love to see pictures of your purchises. Daviolin
    [SIZE="6"]
    [/SIZE]
    A CD AND HIS WARDROBE, ITS A BEAUTIFUL THING.

Banned Read only
    Sara, I think such encounters are difficult for both the cross dresser and the SA. I've read many threads and postings of positive encounters with sales associates. Even if the laws of the state or municipality are favorable to cross dressers, it is still a balancing act for the SA to deal with the cross dresser and other shoppers, presumably women. I can only imagine a large retail chain has a printed manual explaining the legalities of operating a store for the manager and employees to read and consult. In my state cross dressers are protected by law. I believe you did the absolute correct thing in diffusing any potential situation. Your avatar picture is super feminine (your super cute, too)! It gave the SA relief because the shopping experience you were having is not all that common for a young SA. Over the years I have shopped at specialty stores and sensed a uneasiness with SA. Why? I guess because it is not a common experience for them.

If you are a lone SA or two operating a store, you really do not know what you will experience each day. Without being considered crude, as an example, I accompanied my wife to JCPenny. While she was perusing the nylon nightgowns, she came across one that had been 'soiled' by an obvious male pervert who decided to 'jack off' in the store. Disgusting!

Any SA in any small store has to do an evaluation on the spot of any customer walking through the door.

Don't you just love when they circle the "you saved..." number? I usually tell them, "no I spent X that I would not have if they were not marked down so much" I always wonder, if they can sell if for that price why not just start close to that?

(Rule of marketing, you don't sell something for less than you paid for it, it is cheaper to throw it in the dumpster when it costs you money to sell it) Have to admire a company that can mark up things 1000% and get people to buy it though
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Quote Originally Posted by Sara Jessica View Post
    When all was said and done, we are talking $20 for $993 worth of stuff, a savings of just over 98%!!!
    I love bargains like these. Can you post pics?
    Reine

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    Don't you just love when they circle the "you saved..." number? I usually tell them, "no I spent X that I would not have if they were not marked down so much" I always wonder, if they can sell if for that price why not just start close to that?

(Rule of marketing, you don't sell something for less than you paid for it, it is cheaper to throw it in the dumpster when it costs you money to sell it) Have to admire a company that can mark up things 1000% and get people to buy it though

My personal favorite involves stores that have loyalty programs which award the shopper points for every purchase made there, and which are based on some percentage of the transaction's $ value. Usually, it is some ridiculously (albeit impressive-sounding) number which evokes memories of the Italian Lire in the pre-Euro age.

Yes, maybe I bought a bra or a couple of pairs of pantyhose, and that credited me with 15,000 or so XYZ points to be collected and cashed in for additional merchandise (or whatever) at some time in the future. But as for the actual amount associated with that particular purchase, that and maybe 75 cents will buy you a cup of coffee. Awesome!

For the record, I had this tale split into two separate threads, one having to do with a very light subject (shopping) and the other was about something much more discussion-oriented (acceptance, interacting with SA's, etc). Well they were merged which is why it seems like it doesn't read so clear to this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathi Lake View Post
    Nice bargains, girl!!

It's true. We do have a ways to go. Thank you, Sara, for moving us a bit closer. If we can each affect one person at a time and give them a positive view of us, what a world this could be in a few years!

Kathi
    Thanks Kathi. While I didn't think I had any effect whatsoever in moving the needle, so to speak, it turns out that there was in fact a very positive outcome. Read on for details.

The "you saved..." was not on the receipt. I borrowed that from way back when from a time I bought some $295 Stuart Weitzman pumps at DSW for around $30 or so. My receipt from DSW had the "you saved" comment which of course I totally got a kick out of.

I'm almost surprised this store does not donate the product. Seems you could get a larger write-off than selling it for less than 5% of MSRP. Then again, clearance racks like this are often a juicy tidbit for the regular customers to catch a break here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    Any SA in any small store has to do an evaluation on the spot of any customer walking through the door.
    You have no idea how prescient this sentence was Stephanie, stay tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Langford View Post
    Sara, I'm surprised that you're over-thinking this so much...
    It's not that I'm over-thinking, it's more like the fact that when I shop, whether in girl or guy mode, I'm not simply out there "just doing it". I am always conscious of the big picture in how I am being perceived, how I can help to ensure that the next TG who follows in my wake will have a positive experience, etc.

True, this whole crossdressing/shopping openly for women's clothing in boutiques and speciality stores thingy is a learning experience for both the Muggles (as you so mischievously put it ) and ourselves. And for both groups, our comfort level with it grows with increased exposure to it and a gradual dissipation of the fear of the unknown.
    Right on Leslie!!!

Granted, asking to try on women's clothes when in drab does push the envelope in terms of this comfort level for both parties.
    I acknowledge this which is why I rarely do it in places where I am not already known.

For my part, I am always aware of the fact that while a shop owner might be quite prepared (and happy) to include crossdressers among her customer base, her female customers may not. So the shop owner is always dancing on the knife edge as to which customer base to serve at the risk of alienating the other. Add into the mix the fact that GG's form the bulk of their clientele while at the same time, anti-discrimination legislation in most jurisdictions would preclude them from refusing to serve us, then things really do get complicated.

That's even more true in the case of high-end boutiques of the type that you just visited, and for whom developing a certain brand or cachet is vital for their survival in such a rarefied atmosphere. And to have it compromised by developing a reputation as being a "tranny" hangout (especially amongst the snooty hoi-polloi that would be their target demographic) - that could prove catastrophic for their business. So my philosophy is - and always has been - when out shopping en femme, I dress as authentically, age-appropriately and in a manner that is as respectful of GG's as possible, as opposed to presenting a cartoonish, drag version of my female self.

My sense is that you yourself follow the same philosophy in principle, and can also vouch for the fact that this "pay it forward" approach usually pays huge dividends in terms of acceptance, great service, and overall awesome shopping experiences.
    You have really captured the essence of my own POV in these paragraphs.

Presenting as a female when shopping, we are already disarming the SA by virtue that we can be seen by the SA's as being authentic, age-appropriate, respectful, etc. and the same holds true for the other customers. It's a world apart from presenting as a guy and while a SA might welcome me into a fitting room with open arms, I'm still going to be conscious of the other customers because the last thing I would want is for customers to be lost because of me. Neither myself or the SA/shop owner can control what others think so this is my own personal rule out of respect, that I will not enter a fitting room in one of these boutique establishments in guy mode unless the store is empty. And if a customer arrives while I'm in the fitting room, I've become pretty darned good at getting out of there in a stealthy manner. Most of this references my main boutique I shop at. The owner is a sole-proprietor and the last thing I would want is for her to lose a single sale because someone takes issue with her allowing a guy in the fitting room.

So back to our tale...here's the kicker. I went back yesterday.

Sometimes I leave something behind in a store and my mind gets a little obsessive, like "why didn't I buy such-and-such" but this time, it was more like "it's killing me that I didn't have my shaper/bra/forms with me to try on that white strapless dress with...I wonder if it will fit?" As such, I tweaked my work travels a bit so that I'd be back in the area of this store.

And for the record, I had asked the SA before I left the first time about coming back to try on the dress again. Her response betrayed her continuing lack of ease with the situation, that she wanted to check with the owner first. Ahhhhhhh, this sheds a little light on why she was being the way she was. She really didn't know what the owner would think and I got the feeling that she felt she was taking some sort of personal risk in allowing me to use the fitting room.

So yesterday, I went into the store where SA and owner were both there, both with welcoming smiles on their faces. SA introduced me to the owner who was quite a charming man. We all chatted for a few minutes and the owner made it very clear that I was free to use the fitting room although the fact the store had no customers was still something in play. Brings to mind Leslie's comment...

That's even more true in the case of high-end boutiques of the type that you just visited, and for whom developing a certain brand or cachet is vital for their survival in such a rarefied atmosphere. And to have it compromised by developing a reputation as being a "tranny" hangout (especially amongst the snooty hoi-polloi that would be their target demographic) - that could prove catastrophic for their business.
    This place is sooooo high-end that I could totally understand not being allowed into the fitting room if customers were in the store but really, my own "rule" as I've mentioned above applies to any small business. Leslie really hit the nail on the head with her comment.

Back to the action. I tried on said white dress and while my shaper helped to bridge the gap between the zipper, it couldn't finish the task. But all was not lost, there was a similar dress by the same designer in a size 10 instead of an 8 which fit perfectly (rule of thumb, the higher-end the clothing, the less "vanity" sizing comes into play...things are usually much more true to size in high-end-land). The last thing I needed was another black strapless dress (see avatar picture) but where my Vegas dress was more of a young party-dress style, this new one is nothing but classic elegance. It's a bit longer, but still about the knee. And the price? Regular $1,127 (good gosh!) for $49!!! Kind of a no-brainer, don't ya think?

Tried on a few more things from the rack as well with one other wonderful purchase, a black & white tweed above-the-knee (but not mini) skirt by "Pink Tartan", regular $327 for $10. So this day, I paid 4% of MSRP, still in the record books if I say so myself.

Back to the serious stuff. I talked to SA about how I was perceived by her when I came in. I apologized for initially being vague but at that point, I didn't see a reason to disclose. She was clear that I didn't come across as creepy but what she did think troubled me, that I could be a shoplifter (thus the "hovering" that I described before). There I was, a guy just browsing in a high-end women's boutique with no stated intent, I totally understand her perception so my lesson with this whole thing is that I need to be mindful of this unintended consequence of how I might come across, particularly when shopping in guy mode.

But all is good and at the end of the day, I'm now on this store's mailing list and am welcome to return.

Platinum Member
    You are a power shopper!

Thank you for the complimentary feedback on my comments, Sara, and good on you for going back to that boutique and clearing the air on what you had perceived initially as being a less-than-welcoming attitude on the part of the SA whom you first encountered.

This just proves yet again that things are not always what they seem, and as the saying goes - if one "assumes", it just makes an "a$$" of "u" and "me" . But point taken on the heightened surveillance of you by the SA because of the circumspect answers you gave her initially, the fact that you were a male shopping in an exclusive women's boutique (a highly unusual occurrence), and the fact that you appeared to be lurking - all of which lead to the reasonable assumption that you were up to something, and shoplifting was the obvious conclusion.

The real lesson here is that because of our inherent fear of being "outed" when out in public, we CDers tend to shoot ourselves in the foot by often trying too hard to fly under the radar, and our furtive glances to see if we are being read are invariably counter-productive for that very reason. This type of dodgy behavior just attracts additional scrutiny by the store staff because it is so out of the norm. Far better to walk into a place with head held high, act as if you own it, engage the SA's in conversations, smile liberally, and if you're up to it - actually admit that it is yourself whom you are shopping for. I'm at that point now - and it wasn't an easy path to get there - but the effort is well worth it once you realize what great dividends it can pay. The truth really can set you free...

But I have to ask, Sara - with flinty-eyed shoppers such as yourself and those incredible markdowns, how can this store stay in business? Are you sure that it isn't just a front for the Mafia and acting as a money-laundering operation while hiding behind a facade of respectability .

So true. Every once in a while Mimi and I stroll through Nieman Marcus. Nice, but nothing special skirts for $400, shorts for $300. Plastic flip-flops for $120. Who are they kidding? Yet, there are a fair number of ladies (we cattily refer to them as "trophy wives.") whipping out their plastic to buy things there.

Back down at our pay grade, I did manage to find a Holy Grail item at Kohl's. Yes, something that was priced without any discount at all!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Sara, that sounds great! That's when retail therapy actually feels therapeutic.

Oh, by the way, you do know that you can save up to 15% on your car insurance by switching to Geico.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I've noticed that with ALL your postings above, Sara, you've given us NO CLUE as to where this fab secret store is located? And, I don't think I even wear the same size as u! Lol!
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 06-14-2012 at 12:22 AM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

This just proves yet again that things are not always what they seem, and as the saying goes - if one "assumes", it just makes an "a$$" of "u" and "me" . But point taken on the heightened surveillance of you by the SA because of the circumspect answers you gave her initially, the fact that you were a male shopping in an exclusive women's boutique (a highly unusual occurrence), and the fact that you appeared to be lurking - all of which lead to the reasonable assumption that you were up to something, and shoplifting was the obvious conclusion.

The real lesson here is that because of our inherent fear of being "outed" when out in public, we CDers tend to shoot ourselves in the foot by often trying too hard to fly under the radar, and our furtive glances to see if we are being read are invariably counter-productive for that very reason. This type of dodgy behavior just attracts additional scrutiny by the store staff because it is so out of the norm. Far better to walk into a place with head held high, act as if you own it, engage the SA's in conversations, smile liberally, and if you're up to it - actually admit that it is yourself whom you are shopping for. I'm at that point now - and it wasn't an easy path to get there - but the effort is well worth it once you realize what great dividends it can pay. The truth really can set you free...
    Oh Leslie, where before you hit lots of bulls-eyes, you slightly missed on this one.

Not your general premise but with some of the details. But you are forgiven because it's kind of a "guess you had to be there" to really get the best picture of what happened.

As a TG individual presenting in guy mode, I guess it's very difficult, if not impossible, to simply go about our business without raising eyebrows. You see, browsing isn't the same as lurking. And while you know that I have zero issue with disclosure to SA's, I really didn't see the point this time, not until I found something that I could actually afford and wished to try on at which point I added the necessary clarity to the situation.

So short of automatically "outing" ourselves when "confronted" by SA's (again, something that I generally endorse), I guess the best lesson is to be mindful that failure to do so can lead to unintended perceptions, depending on where we are. The Muggles are going to come to their own conclusions based on their own perceptions, stereotypes and experiences. The only way to overcome these is simply disclosure.

But I have to ask, Sara - with flinty-eyed shoppers such as yourself and those incredible markdowns, how can this store stay in business? Are you sure that it isn't just a front for the Mafia and acting as a money-laundering operation while hiding behind a facade of respectability .
    Such a good question Leslie. I think the answer is that when you sell a dress for over $1,000. there has to be at least $500-750 profit built in. So when boutiques buy such items from their distributors, they typically have to buy the entire array of available sizes. Usually that's five pieces if sized XS/S/M/L/XL, or in the case of the dress I bought, it's often 6 pieces, 2/4/6/8/10/12. So assuming the size 10 that I bought was the only one to land on the super-clearance rack, there was already $2,500-$3,750 in profit already made. Assuming a loss of $250-450 on my dress, there is still quite a profit on that particular dress across the entire inventory of sizes.

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    So true. Every once in a while Mimi and I stroll through Nieman Marcus. Nice, but nothing special skirts for $400, shorts for $300. Plastic flip-flops for $120. Who are they kidding? Yet, there are a fair number of ladies (we cattily refer to them as "trophy wives.") whipping out their plastic to buy things there.

Back down at our pay grade, I did manage to find a Holy Grail item at Kohl's. Yes, something that was priced without any discount at all!
    I hear where you're coming from. I cannot fathom spending $1,000 on a dress, $400 for a skirt, etc. But I can see the difference in such items. From materials to workmanship, quality is a noticeable difference. Not to mention a degree of exclusivity. Rather than being sold at thousands of larger retailers (ie - Macy's/Kohl's), these sort of garments are usually sold in much fewer stores. They might be numbered in the tens if only smaller boutiques, perhaps into the hundreds (again, nationwide) if the likes of Nordstrom are involved).

Hey, I'm the first to admit to having expensive taste. But at the same time, I typically don't have to have something right when it comes out so the clearance racks are my friends. It turns out I dropped $80 this week on 3 dresses, 1 skirt and a pair of cropped pants that at full price would have been in excess of $2,000. Would I have paid anywhere close to full price? Heck no. But at the same time, I'm more than glad to have found these rather unique pieces at such amazing prices.

Quote Originally Posted by NathalieX66 View Post
    Sara, that sounds great! That's when retail therapy actually feels therapeutic.

Oh, by the way, you do know that you can save up to 15% on your car insurance by switching to Geico.
    And did I tell you that I play a doctor on TV?

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    I've noticed that with ALL your postings above, Sara, you've given us NO CLUE as to where this fab secret store is located? And, I don't think I even wear the same size as u! Lol!
    Think about it Sherry, have I ever divulged such clues???

Sara, I'm dying of curiosity. Would you upload pics of these clothes, even if they're just laying on the bed? I live in a small town and we have nowhere near these types of shops here. I'd love to see the wonderful bargains you got.

Please?
    Reine

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    Sara, I'm dying of curiosity. Would you upload pics of these clothes, even if they're just laying on the bed? I live in a small town and we have nowhere near these types of shops here. I'd love to see the wonderful bargains you got.

Please?
    Yes Reine, especially for you, I will be happy to do so but it will likely have to be sometime this weekend.

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sara Jessica View Post
    . . . but it will likely have to be sometime this weekend.
    We can wait.

Kathi

round 3.....

Yep, I went back.

Surprised? Probably not.

One thing that I often do when shopping is that if I don't buy something spur-of-the-moment, I get a little obsessive thinking about it afterwards. Round 2 was all about the dress but I had also spied this display of jewelry that was all $20 per piece. There was this gorgeous necklace in pearls in natural along with shades of gray and a subtle blue. It was a perfect excuse to go back but this time, it would be in girl mode given that I planned an outing for the day.

I walked into the store and found a familiar sight, no customers with the owner and the same SA chatting it up near the back of the store. I told them why I was there but they said it was perfect timing, that more stuff hit "my" clearance rack.

Tried on a few things. Ended up with this really cute little dress that I think would make a really nice swim cover-up (for going to & from the pool or beach) OR to wear as a tunic top with leggings and boots during the wintertime. This one, regular $113 for $10.

I also got an unbelievable pencil skirt in camel by the same designer as the dress in round 2. It fits perfectly and will be a wonderful business look once I find a top to go with it. Regular $472, mine for $20!

Here is a picture of the necklace that I hope does it justice. I wore it out of the store as it matched the outfit I was wearing wonderfully (I was wearing the pants from round 1 with a white top...the pants have an electric blue tinge in the pattern). The detail on this necklace is exquisite. I'll try to do the clothing pictures that Reine requested sometime tomorrow.

When all was said and done for round 3, I spent $50 for $810 worth at full retail, just under 94% off. My discount percentage may be slipping, my happiness in finding this place is not!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Gold Member
    Dang Sara! Someday I am getting to your neck of the woods and take you shopping. You just have that knack with the boutiques. But I don't see how the SAs can't relax around you. You have a great way of engaging people so I can't see why it isn't a problem.

You always find these great shops and come out looking great. I've got to find time to come up and go shopping with you. It will hapen soon.

And now for some pictures...

Quote Originally Posted by Sue View Post
    Dang Sara! Someday I am getting to your neck of the woods and take you shopping. You just have that knack with the boutiques. But I don't see how the SAs can't relax around you. You have a great way of engaging people so I can't see why it isn't a problem.
    Thank you Sue, that is a very sweet thing to say .

Quote Originally Posted by Alice B View Post
    You always find these great shops and come out looking great. I've got to find time to come up and go shopping with you. It will hapen soon.
    I'm waiting Alice!!!
    -----------------------------
    OK, picture time as requested. These are rather plain shots that like I said with the necklace, I hope justice is done. I tried to set these up in order of appearance from the tale above but it just didn't work out that way. First we have the dress that I'll wear either as a swim cover-up or a tunic top during the wintertime with leggings, boots and a long sweater. Next we have the camel skirt followed by the amazing strapless black dress. Then we have one of the $5 sweater dresses, I think the challenges with this one are clear. Finally, the tweed skirt which will become another fall-into-winter staple.

As for the pants that I bought on the first day, I'll post those in the picture section because I was actually wearing them on Friday and managed to get a picture.
    Attached Images Attached Images

They're all very nice! I love the black dress!
    Reine