Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever shopped for shoes wearing pantyhose?

I always wear stockings or pantyhose when shopping for heels. Got to in order to get the right fit.

my nic says it all obsessedwithpantyhose's Avatar
    I cant see how anyone could wear shoes barefooted,,especialy dress heels...
    I dont even like to wear my mens sandals barefooted,,
    when I did shop in stores for heels I was wearing my pantyhose,,
    I wear 5 inch platform heels and I get them online...
    as u c by my nic........I have a liking for pantyhose...

Glamerous Granny carolinewalker_2000's Avatar
    As everyone else has said, you can't try on female shoes wearing men's socks; you just won't get the fit right. When shopping in drab I wear opaque knee-highs in place of my usual socks. Pick a suitable colour to go with your trousers and no-one will notice. But, as Melissa points out, if you are shopping for women's shoes whilst dressed as a man, your hose is going to be the last thing anyone comments on!
    [SIZE="3"]Caroline

Tranny Granny
    [/SIZE]

I just put on my pantyhose and a cute thong and I plan on trying on some nice high heels tonight.

Yes, I always wear pantyhose or thigh highs when shopping for shoes. That's the only way to make sure that the shoes fit when dressing up.

i still dont go out in public fully dresses but pantyhose and some cute tight jeans always when i need new shoes

i sadly cant shop for things yet do to my current living arrangement. i will how ever be able to shop for these things soon so i would like very much to were pantyhose out on the town.

Yes I always wear pantyhose while trying on heels, I wear them under my track pants and don't wear any socks,was caught a few times no one said anything.

I like wearing stockings or in drab knee hi's they work ok.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Now a twist to my post.
    Have you ever worn pantyhose and had very pretty painted toe nails too?

YES!! Last week for the first time, I went shoe shopping en femme, and tried on several pairs before buying one. The SA was really friendly too - it was an absolute blast! Before that, I hadn't ever tried on women's shoes in a shop, pantyhose or not.

i used to go to a payless store neer me to by shoes the first time the lady come by an said you need stocking an she looked at my foot an said o your wearing them after that ever time i went they or her wood come aroun to see or tell me what was new or if they had my size out love the store an the ladies an some times a man was ther to no big dile one of the girls wood

Quote Originally Posted by katie_barns View Post
    Pantyhose are a pain in the #$%. Knee-highs are great especially in drab.
    Indeed! Just about every time I am in drab at work, there are women's trouser socks or thick stockings on my feet. Nobody knows and/or cares, and my feet feel fabulously feminine!

Meghan
    "No matter how far you've gone down a wrong road, turn back."

~Turkish Proverb

It has become way too hot and humid on the east coast US to wear anything on my legs at any given time of the year. Makeup melts off my face.
    I went shopping en femme at DSW three times this year already, and it's been jeans or shorts, trying on everything, all showing my painted nails.

Quote from CSI Miami, Horatio Caine, (on finding a dead body): "She's not from Miami....women from Miami don't wear pantyhose".
    Last edited by NathalieX66; 06-12-2012 at 10:52 PM.

As most others have said here, I ill always wear nylons when shopping for shoes. It is the only way to get an accurate sizing. If I am not wearing any stockings I ill take off my socks and use the disposable nylon socks that they have available for trying shoes on. I have never had any salesperson give me any hassles about this. A couple seemed "distant" but more have been very helpful especially if I am direct with them on what I want. After all they probably want to make the sale as much as anything else. I also make an effort to call the company and leave a compliment when they are friendly and helpful as well. I figure the more positive feedback they get the more likely they are to continue to treat us well.

Silver Member
    OK, guys. Listen.

It's impolite to shop for shoes wearing your own pantyhose.

That's what the little footie things are for. Who wants your sweaty feet in a new pair of shoes????

Slip off your socks (or whatever) and put on a clean pair of those little footie things. They're free, and they are there to protect ME from your dirty feet. Oh I know YOUR feet aren't dirty. YOU would never go shopping for shoes with dirty feet, but that guy before you? You should have smelled HIS feet!!

So do the right thing and don't wear your pantyhose when you shop for shoes. Be polite and put on the free footies.

Thanks!

I have shopped for shoes many times with pantyhose under my jeans. The people in the shops are generally really friendly and helpful. I find if you go when its quiet and you are friendly there are never any issues. If you go in the middle of a sale on a saturday, thats when you will run into issues

It is the only way to shop for shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca W. View Post
    Now a twist to my post.
    Have you ever worn pantyhose and had very pretty painted toe nails too?
    ALWAYS! Many times the SA will comment on my pretty toes.
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra1746 View Post
    ... Besides most stores have those little disposable stocking-feet that work pretty well.
    They're going to insist that you wear those or some sort of stockings when trying on shoes. They will give you the proper fit if you don't want to wear hose..
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenie S View Post
    OK, guys. Listen.

It's impolite to shop for shoes wearing your own pantyhose.

That's what the little footie things are for. Who wants your sweaty feet in a new pair of shoes????

Slip off your socks (or whatever) and put on a clean pair of those little footie things. They're free, and they are there to protect ME from your dirty feet. Oh I know YOUR feet aren't dirty. YOU would never go shopping for shoes with dirty feet, but that guy before you? You should have smelled HIS feet!!

So do the right thing and don't wear your pantyhose when you shop for shoes. Be polite and put on the free footies.

Thanks!
    I disagree. Shopping for men's shoes, nobody expects you to put "footies" over your socks. Pantyhose are pretty much the same thing.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

I remember going and buying my first pair of heels at a Payless shoe store. Great experience. The sales lady just walked up to me and asked if I needed any help. I just told her that my wife wanted to dress me up as a girl and I needed some heels my size to play the part. She was excited to help me and said I was not the first guy she met that liked dressing like a girl. Took me by suprise and shocked me. She gave me one of the nylon socks to try on what ever I liked and she loved the heels I picked out and told me to have a great time with my wife.

All the time ...............it helps with the fit
    Ladies and gentlemen.
    Take my advce
    Pull down your panties .......
    And slide on the ice!!!!

To all my dear fellow crossdressers.
    Thank you for all of your postings so far and for all of the views on this thread. I hope that I have inspired many more women on here to do just that, go out and try on a nice pair of heels wearing your pantyhose. Please paint your toe nails for an even better experience!
    Make the next step as I have done and try on the shoes and a dress at the same time, so much fun!
    Being a woman and wearing a nice pair of stockings or pantyhose is such a great feeling.

Why would you consider wearing anything else?????

Molly
    "To thine own self be true"