Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I cried and it felt nice.

I cried and it felt nice.

I was watching ‘Britain’s got talent’ on Sunday night and a little 9 year old boy came out and sang and he was so nervous but also so good. And then he started to cry.
    The men on the panel looked impressed but the two women on the panel started to cry.

And I was crying with emotion too. I really was! The women in me? I am so comfortable to be me. This side of me is the best. I love it. And it’s a sort of conformation to me that I have this female side. Yes I know men cry too but I have never felt so much in touch with my feminine side.

All these years and I am still on this journey of self discovery. It feels so right.

Does any of this make sense to you?

SUZY

Platinum Member
    I think its good to be able to express sincere emotions. As a taciturn Scandinavian my emotions are always present but usually suppressed. Even my mother and grandmothers were very reticent. Needless to say we weren't a huggy family. I wish we could have been more open.

It makes a great deal of sense, it's best to express your true emotions at all time, holding them in, only will makes things worse in the long run, IMO.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Right on girl. Spent way too many years just being the male in as many ways as possible. I love my feminine side, and am becoming less and less afraid of it (Natural response of any male to a female, right?)

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Quote Originally Posted by Julia_in_Pa View Post
    That's kinda funny Suzy because I like to make people cry and it feels good for me .
    Hope ur happy ,,,Now Im cryin ,,, Feels good to make a fat lady cry ,,,HUH ,,, HUH,,,, LOL,,,
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

Aligning her body & soul sierra_g's Avatar
    When I was a kid, I was labelled as a crybaby. I would tear up over anything. At about 12, I was in trouble with my dad a lot (my fault) and he used a paddle. If you cried, you got 3 extra whacks. I decided I would try laughing instead of crying. It actually worked. He didn't know what to do, so he hit me a bit harder, and I laughed even harder. Something broke in me that day. Ever since, the only thing that can make me well up is a romantic comedy, or Home Makeover. My grandparents passing, my life turning to a wreck, people in the hospital, it doesn't matter. I may get a bit blurry with a couple extra tears in my eyes, but since that day, no crying. I wish I could fix it. Yesterday, I wished I could actually cry more than ever.

Suzy I think it is refreshing that you feel emotions like that. Far too many people in this world are the opposite, uncaring and cruel.

Fearlessly Independent RebeccaLynne's Avatar
    Suzy, I cried today hearing the news of a fellow human being's apparent suicide. Sometimes we cry with joy, and sometimes we cry in anguish.

At least we can cry when it's warranted. Man or woman.

I hate crying in front of people...but, if a kid is crying/sad, there's a good chance I will respond with crying/sadness.

But, I also get weirdly emotional on my period...my big thing is crying to a song on the radio. At no other time does this happen. My best friend and I are about on the same schedule, so riding with us in a car is loads of fun.

I don't know if I blame womanhood as much as I blame hormones. I love looking at babies...I Facebook stalk my friends' babies. I wasn't sure WHY this behavior (it makes my SO feel really nervous), but I learned that women release some hormones when they see babies. Pretty weird, huh?

It sounds like you had a moment. I can relate.
    "Today a young man [...] realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively...there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.”-Bill Hicks
    “What freedom men and women could have, were they not constantly tricked and trapped and enslaved and tortured by their sexuality! The only drawback in that freedom is that without it one would not be a human. One would be a monster.” East of Eden by Steinbeck

spot on suzy ,iknow just what you mean and yes it it truelly great to have our female side and im glad ive got mine as i am finally expressing jacqui's feelings with out fear of ritacule (sorry about spelling) love jacqui
    ALWAYS BE TRUE TO YOURSELF:

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Suzy, you know my story, so as you might imagine one of the things that I hated about myself as a male all those years was that I would instantly cry at an endearingly emotional situation. It was really embarassing at times to not be able to shut it down!

Now I know it's just Tina, and we move along, so what you said makes all kinds of sense to me!

It makes total sense to me. When people related to me as a boy, and later a man:
    they said "boys don't cry, only SISSIES cry", and SISSIES got beat to a pulp after school.
    they said "Sometimes you have to fight to be a man" - and if you didn't fight back, you got beat up worse.
    they said "You can't hit girls" - EVEN if she was beating the crap out of you on a regular basis.
    they said "You gotta stay cool" - which meant, don't giggle, act too happy, or too sad, try to be as emotionless as possible.
    they said "You gotta get laid" - which for most men, based on their description - was a totally selfish act in which the pleasure of the girl wasn't even considered.
    they said "To be a man, you have to out fight, out drink, and out f*ck everybody else" - most of those guys ended up in Jails, Institutionsn, or AA, and paid child support under a restraining order and supervised visitation.

they said "You gotta be a team player" - code for "you have to accept a salary, work uncompensated overtime, and let you boss take all the credit, and get all the bonuses.

If you cried, the boys beat you up.
    If you were too nice, you would be "Just Friends" with the girls, and no benefits.
    If you cried because you were happy or sad, you were a wimp.

One of the things GGs don't understand is the VIOLENCE of growing up male in western civilizations.
    When girls play soccer, they wear shin guards, pads, and really obey the rules.
    When boys play soccer, there is no protection, rules are ignored, and you can be tripped and kicked - BY YOUR OWN TEAM!

Wearing a skirt and heels is just ONE way of rejecting all of that violence, hatred, selfishness, and intimidation.
    Wearing a skirt, bra, and delicate fabrics gives me the freedom to express love, compassion, happiness, joy, sadness, to giggle, to sob.
    Wearing a the dress gives me the freedom to be authentic and express all of the things that other tried to kill or "squash" as the pastor said on MSNBC today.

To have to split one's personality into two different entities, and then to try and kill all of the traits that provide access to love, romance, intimacy, joy, compassion, mercy, and even real integrity and authenticity - is insanity.

Not surprising that so many young men who commit suicide are Transgendered and/or homosexual.

My SO gets a good cry out pretty regularly. It's strange to think that guys think that they cannot do this. It's very healthy to just release your tension. I mean, it's a cut throat world. I'm not saying cry in front of God and everyone. If it is a day that I am coming unglued, I will keep my sh*t together until I get in my car...and, then, I scream. I don't need everyone judging my emotions. But, you HAVE to express them. And, my SO is always here for me to lean on as long as he leans on me when the time hits him too. So, expecting society to understand a realm of your complex emptions? Forget 'bout it. My face is screwed on fine until I open my door, throw myself onto my partner's slap, and just cry for a while. No questions asked...just crying and holding. When sh*t hits the fan for him, I just let him cry into my chest, while I hold him. Everyone feels better afterwards. It's excellent release of tense emotions and are not gender-related at all. I would be deeply concerned about the male that didn't cry.
    "Today a young man [...] realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively...there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.”-Bill Hicks
    “What freedom men and women could have, were they not constantly tricked and trapped and enslaved and tortured by their sexuality! The only drawback in that freedom is that without it one would not be a human. One would be a monster.” East of Eden by Steinbeck

You are being reborn back to what you were.

Imagine how free a child must be to run naked without knowing they our naked in the eyes of others. To rediscover that same sense of freedom and peace that was stolen from us as we left childhood is the greatest gift we can give ourselves and by doing so the greatest gift we can bestow on humanity because from this a love is born that comes from self but is not selfish, a love born from the simple unconditional joy of being alive that touches others and helps give them hope that yes there are reasons to choose life, reasons that live beyond fear and mindless distractions from the realities and suffering of life. The happiness of joy is learning how to become a child again.

It is letting go of the rules of how we are suppose to act to be a "man" or to be "normal".
    I can think of no other act that requires more courage because it returns you to yourself, to a time and place when you were at your most vulnerable. Most men would rather die than to experience this sense of helplessness again and that is why many do.

I am glad that you are not one of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pOvIzqPcys

As a child I was a bit of a cry baby, my big brother would tease me about it all the time, so I learned to keep it all inside. Now that I have gotten old, and spend a l lot of my time in a dress, I have quit fighting that feeling, and just let it flow, Funerals in movies can make me cry, love scenes, can do it, I've gotten so bad, there are certain types of movies, I just don't watch when others are around, it's just to embarrassing, but darn it, it can feel good! So you cry on, and enjoy it.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Suzy, Yes. I cried some, when Susan Boyle first sang.

Quote Originally Posted by Treetop Louise View Post
    Suzy, Yes. I cried some, when Susan Boyle first sang.
    I did too Louise.

We are truly sisters

Hugs.

[Your inbox is full girl]

Crying cleans the soul, like a spring rain cleans out the winter.

One of my mother's favorite sayings. I sometimes cry when I think about her saying it.

I often cry. I try never to cry when in drab and try to hold it in until later. Of course when en femme its only me and I don't try to suppress the waterworks.

Suzy, you complete every woman's wish for a BFF

Now, Suzy, here's my sob story.

My son and I have established a tradition for Christmas Day. It's always just the two of us, since the rest of the family is far, far away. We watch a film on Christmas Eve, then another on Christmas morning before dinner, and finally another one after the dinner. The first and third ones are "Kelly's Heroes" and "Where Eagles Dare"--and they do actually make good Christmas films, though I could do without "Where Eagles Dare". I've seen it too many times.

But the film sandwiched in the middle is "It's a Wonderful Life", and as many times as I've seen that one, I still get choked up at the end. Does it make me want to cry? No, it makes me want to start sobbing from the depths of my soul. And I always have to check myself, because there's no way my son would understand. He'd be wanting to have me put away. He's too young, he hasn't seen enough of life, I don't think, to understand where I'm coming from.

What is it that gets me about it? George Bailey throughout his life considered himself a failure. He felt that while others were accomplishing so much he was stuck in a crummy little savings and loan in a crummy little town. And at the end he learns that he's not a failure at all. He was the richest man in town. He always felt that he was on the outside, and then he saw how much love and acceptance he really enjoyed from all his friends and neighbors.

Is this relevant to a TG person? You bet your booties, granny. All my life I've felt like I was on the outside. To enjoy the sort of acceptance that George Bailey enjoyed--what a beautiful dream. I could just tell everybody what I truly am, and they would love and respect me all the more. It may sound silly. But the end of that film gets me in the depths of my soul every time.

Bisous, Annabelle

Of course it did Hon. I don't get it why most guys can't be in touch with their feelings. A by product of my getting in touch with mine is that I'm not afraid or ashamed of displaying them and sometimes that definitely includes crying. It just shows you are a real person.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I had the "Big boys don't cry" mandate drummed into me so strongly that I find it very difficult to have that sort of emotion, even in private. I feel that this lack of ability leads to other, more negative, ways of relieving my emotions and certainly hasn't been good for my well-being.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I dont know if anyone has seen that News cast about the lady that indused the birth of her child so the father could see the baby before he died cuz he was diagnosed with termenal disease ? That was the sadest thing I have ever seen in my life ,,I CRIED LIKE A BABY ,,, It came on 20/20 again there is no way I could watch that again ! He held her an talked to her an then he just passed away ! SAD,,,,,,,REALY ,,,SAD !!
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

Platinum Member
    Hi Suzy, I cried when I broke a heel off one of my favorite pair of black pumps.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!