Thread: Burlesque update

Talking Burlesque update

I've written before about my burlesque classes and how the girls in class have been so accepting. We had our big showcase at the end of March and I performed in a group number which was a blast. The night ended with me and my wife all dolled up with rest of the girls at a bar local to the theater.

At that time I thought I was done dressing for a while, I usually don't dress in the summer. Now about ten of us from class plus some significant others are going to attend the Burlesque Hall of Fame weekend in Las Vegas. One if our instructors is competing. I was going to go in boy mode but all of the girls seemed a little disappointed so now I am going to dress up for one night in Las Vegas.

I'm super excited about this and its another big step for me. The performance part was big too. And going out dressed to a bar with my wife was big but this is huge. A pre show party, going to a show with hundreds of other people not to mention everyone at the hotel not attending. I'm sure we'll go out after too. This is going to be unbelievable. Now I have to do some shopping, I'm thinking long formal dress, luckily it's Prom season.
    Last edited by Heisthebride; 05-04-2012 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Typo
    Rebecca Bas

Wow! That is SO cool! Serious congrats on your performance!

Definitely go with the girls recommendation and have a blast! As a matter of fact, why not stay girl for the entire trip? After all, don't they want you to be "one of the girls?"

And pictures! We need pictures!!!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

I could dress for the entire weekend but...it's a lot of work. I'd rather have one big night than many small ones. I dont want it to be all about me too. My wife is accepting but I try not to force to much Becky time on her. She is fine with me dressing up one night. I'm sure there will be plenty of photo ops too.
    Rebecca Bas

Quote Originally Posted by Heisthebride View Post
    I could dress for the entire weekend but...it's a lot of work. I'd rather have one big night than many small ones. I dont want it to be all about me too. My wife is accepting but I try not to force to much Becky time on her. She is fine with me dressing up one night. I'm sure there will be plenty of photo ops too.
    Becky,

First, the burlesque class sounds just awesome! What fun!!!! Really liked this quote too.

Hugs,
    Debby
    Debby