Thread: this is why

this is why

I shave because a flowery sun dress just doesn't look right against curly black hair. I wear forms because they help the dress fit and look better. I wear either a cowgirl, straw, or floppy hat because I'm going bald and look much better with my head covered, I wear feminine shoes because they go with my dresses and skirts, I wear panties for sanitary and modesty reasons. I don't care if I pass. I just want to look like I take the time and effort to look as good as possible.

well that explains it Bottom line is you like how you look in the clothing
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    well that explains it Bottom line is you like how you look in the clothing
    Or she's hiding behind them?
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

So why do you wear skirts and dresses hmm, not to offend or anything but why do you feel the need to justify yourself outrite I'm sure you look lovely, I guess trying to pass is more of a mindset where if you dont "pass" then people won't respect you or think of you as the beautiful woman you wish to look like atleast thats how I see it

Just realized wife did the same thing this morning, shaved her legs and under-arms, put on a padded bra and panties, shoes to match her outfit, fixed her hair, applied a little make-up and took off for work. I don't see the diff.

The OP did not mention anything about a wig under the hat or anything about makeup. So it leaves me to wonder...Does he wear makeup and a wig in order to complete the feminine image, or does he not care if he is seen as a man in a dress? You may not be trying to pass, but for a man to wear a complete feminine outfit and not at least try to look like a woman in public is something I will never understand. It is my opinion that without the makeup and feminine hair style, you would look like a man in a dress. And to me, there is nothing as bad looking as a man in a dress. Hell, even with the makeup and hair, most would see that I am not a woman, therefore I do not go out in public. If I can't pass or blend, I will be very happy in my closet or the few places that welcome us. Because in public, I would not be looking as good as possible... to me. I envy those that can pull it off. Which is so very few of us. I am one that does care what people think and I'm not into humiliation and laughter even if it's behind my back.

Never said I went out in public. The mirror is my judge. If I don't like my reflection it's not worth the effort

Brandy
    Not sure how to tell you this "but no matter how far you go your still a man is a dress'

Quote Originally Posted by cdterri View Post
    Brandy
    Not sure how to tell you this "but no matter how far you go your still a man is a dress'
    And I can't agree with you more. And I like what you said, "the mirror is my judge". If it makes you happy, then that's what counts. Same for me. Of course there are times I don't like what I see in my mirror. LOL
    Of course my SO is the supreme judge. If she does not like what she sees all is lost. I try to dress to please her when we are together. And that sometimes does not agree with what I like to see. She hates me in a wig.

And there is a problem with not always passing. I've seen plenty og GG's no make up and short hair, some may even look a bit masculine. If you are comfortable and confident with yourself go for it.
    I have gone wigless at times, just tried to style my hair a bit more femme, most times though I do wear a wig. Make up yes whenever I dress to go out, I just think it makes me look better.
    But you know you're right, in spite of it all I know I'm still a man in a dress even if other may not be sure.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Over 7 years ago, when my wife was still alive, she could make me look exactly like a real woman! Of course that included using a wig and makeup. When she died 7 years ago, I thought I was destined to be a closet girl! I am not good at all with makeup or even fixing a wig. But then I thought about what I really am! I am a MTF crossdresser! That means that I wear feminine clothing. So that is what I do. I dress enfemme and go out in public, everywhere I feel like going!! But with no wig and no makeup. I am just a guy in feminine clothes! I know some of you think that is totally wrong, but you know what? What I wear is my business and nobody else's! And in the past seven years of dressing like that I have not heard one single negative commenbt made about me!! Numerous times I have been asked where I bought the skirt, dress, or top that I was wearing!! Of course no one ever has asked me about my undergarments, which are naturally feminine also! The vast majority of people don't care how you dress, as long as you are decently covered.

The problems that some of you have with men dressing like I do is primarily in your own minds! You need to be more confident and feeling good about yourself!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Aspiring Member

Pass?

To pass? Humm... where I live, no offence meant, in "Country Redneck" there are many women GG I look at twice to make sure there a woman GG. I think we need to remind ourselfs that all women (good looking included) are not all supermodels, well then we won't be either. Amanda