Thread: Unforeseen corset issue

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake

Unforeseen corset issue

Last year I decided to drop down one size when I purchased new breast forms. The sizing choice seemed to be pretty good for my body size and proportions. A couple of weeks ago I bought a new, high quality corset. After years of just using cinchers, the new shape is amazing, skirts hanging on my hips and sweaters that cling have me trying everything in the closet on once again.

However, now my perception is with the new waistline those forms seem to make me top-heavy. Is this something you have experienced? Is it just a matter of getting used to the new proportions or did it take a different size breast form to make you feel right again?
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

I dunno Hon. When you are a girl or trying to look like one, seems like it's always something, ya know?
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Gold Member
    Yes I had a similar thing happen to me. When you put on the corset, things get push up
    to a new hight, in outer words, you now have more boobs than before.
    Also with your waist being drawn in, your chest looks lot bigger than before.
    I general try on a bra with out forms to see if that it is rite for what I am wearing.
    Then if some help is needed, I put on the appetite size forms.
    I have 3 forms, a size 6 and a 10 for general wear, and a 20 for special occasions.
    I normally wear the 6, but when needed for a certain dress, I use the 10.
    Some dresses I do not need any help as the corset gives me enough to fill out a B cup OK.
    Rader

Unfortunately if you have a typical male shape [wide shoulders] then this can happen.
    A corset can actually enhance the top heavy look.
    There is no answer other than not using a corset and looking at other ways to look feminine.
    It’s all about working out what works best for your body shape.

SUZY

totally agree with Rader it all seems to get pushed upwards and outwards so to balance things out a little i dispense with the breastforms and use the small bra fillers used by women to boost their size commonly known here in Uk as chicken fillets and they do the job perfectly when wearing a corset

Stephanie
    [size=3]Le Bleu Angel[/size]

Top and bottom, a ratio of about 0.7 is the one found to be most 'feminine'... For bottom, that's a hip-to-waist ratio, for top it's a bust-to-waist ratio. Try pulling out the measuring tape and see how your numbers crunch? If its anywhere from 0.55 to 0.85, you're probably fine so long as its balanced top and bottom. You might just need to get used to it!

I changed to a smaller set of forms when I started to wear my corsets more regularly a year or so ago. They look a little too small to me when I don't have the corset on, but expand to "just right" when I lace up. I think this is just one of the factors you need to calculate into the equation when deciding how to balance the different components of your figure.

- Diane

it so much fun being a woman . nothing fits right. my breast are too large or to small. my buttocks is to large. I found when wearing acorset i need to use a d cup bra instead of my usuall c cup bra. things just move forward and up with the corset on. It certainly enhancements my figure.

Platinum Member
    Hi Sara, when you squeez the middle it's going to come out somewhere.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Too big, too little, too big, too little.
    Just remember ... at least when we have this issue we can just swap them out for a new size...no surgery, no doctors and much less expensive.
    Decisions...decisions...
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Thanks for the observations, information and suggestions. I laced up again and did notice that it's as much my shoulders as it is the bust line that stands out. I guess I'll be an occasional corset wearer as I work through the closet and find those things that don't emphasize the shoulders or at least divert attention away from them. I did see a while back that Jenna had developed a way to pose that de-emphasized the width of her shoulders. While a pose is one thing and walking about, eating and visiting with people are other things, it may be something to follow up on.
    Sarah

Platinum Member
    I do feel a bit more top heavy when I'm cinched up tightly. Perhaps the corset creates the appearance of a greater contrast between the waist and chest.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Charles View Post
    Thanks for the observations, information and suggestions. I laced up again and did notice that it's as much my shoulders as it is the bust line that stands out. I guess I'll be an occasional corset wearer as I work through the closet and find those things that don't emphasize the shoulders or at least divert attention away from them. I did see a while back that Jenna had developed a way to pose that de-emphasized the width of her shoulders. While a pose is one thing and walking about, eating and visiting with people are other things, it may be something to follow up on.
    Generally, I think you're on the rite track, Sarah. Pick the rite outfit and you'll like the way u look! If u remember what I wore most of the time in Vegas, my large DD breast plate? Well, not just their big size was the issue but, where they sit on my chest was a bigger problem! And, unlike breast forms, I could only move them up so far!

I tried on so many outfits that I thot would look good with those breasts but, most looked bad, some GHASTLY! Of course, I have outfits in a wide range of sizes for the very reason that I have a chameleon figure!

I find different outfits and wearing a very tite girdle or corset, or not, will dictate what size breast forms I wear. I suggest u try some smaller forms with some of your outfits. U mite just use foam forms before u decide which size u need!

By the by, I thot u looked very svelt in your corset!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I didn't see you mention if you wear anything to build up your hips, that can have a dramatic effect to balance things out. I've found that hip/fanny pads added to the shaping from the corset really keep things in proportion. This reduces the "top heavy" look.

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    I do feel a bit more top heavy when I'm cinched up tightly. Perhaps the corset creates the appearance of a greater contrast between the waist and chest.
    Oh yeah. The contrast is a big part of what I'm seeing.

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    Generally, I think you're on the rite track, Sarah. Pick the rite outfit and you'll like the way u look! If u remember what I wore most of the time in Vegas, my large DD breast plate? Well, not just their big size was the issue but, where they sit on my chest was a bigger problem! And, unlike breast forms, I could only move them up so far!

I tried on so many outfits that I thot would look good with those breasts but, most looked bad, some GHASTLY! Of course, I have outfits in a wide range of sizes for the very reason that I have a chameleon figure!

I find different outfits and wearing a very tite girdle or corset, or not, will dictate what size breast forms I wear. I suggest u try some smaller forms with some of your outfits. U mite just use foam forms before u decide which size u need!

By the by, I thot u looked very svelt in your corset!
    Thanks Sherrie. I can't hold a candle to you, but I appreciate the compliment.

Quote Originally Posted by alter_3 View Post
    I didn't see you mention if you wear anything to build up your hips, that can have a dramatic effect to balance things out. I've found that hip/fanny pads added to the shaping from the corset really keep things in proportion. This reduces the "top heavy" look.
    I do have hip padding and that does help move the ratios around a little. It's probably going to be some testing and experimentation for a while as I get used to the new figure. I should post a couple of photos and that would give folks a better idea about what my concerns are. I just need to get that "round to it" and it will happen.
    Sarah