Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you shop for clothes for your SO?

Banned Read only
    When we were first married we would go shopping together for sexy lingerie. At that time there was a great choice of nighties, slips and other sexy unmentionables. I did independent shopping around the holiday seasons, especially Christmas and Valentine's Day. There were many pretty reds and pinks and springtime pastels. Yummy! I also would buy her youthful outer garments. She really liked my choices. We even shopped together for nightgowns for me. That was before she and I realized I was a cross dresser, as opposed to just having a fetish for the feel of nightgowns.

As to going to Catherine's... I went into one Catherine's to buy a lacy full slip in black or white. I was totally en homme, not clean shaven or any other possible hint of being a cross dresser. Just based on the selection of size and a slip, the more mature sales associates looked like an alien (outer space and not illegal) had invaded their store. Several months later I revisited the store looking for a lacy white half slip. The same, invasion of the cross dressers?????? I drove to two other stores where the younger thinking and youthful sales associates were extremely helpful, smiling and just doing a professional job.

I think it was very thoughtful that you helped during your wife because of her limitations. And, I do think cross dressers' feminine side does arise under these situations.

i shopped for my wife all the time before i really got into cross dressing and I still do. I love to buy her cool clothes and also sexy stuff. BUT....I always leave the reciept on the bag just in case she wants to take it back, except for the sexy stuff

I always look around for things to get either for me, my sister, or my gf. I've gotten my gf a few things but the things that I would wear is considered " too much" for her style. But nonetheless, I love to be able to pick out something that she would love and I like the attention I get and don't get from people nearby whether they are employees or shoppers.
    I don't dress to impress, I dress to outdress

Hi Brigid,

Although your situaution is specific and I do feel for you, I always used to buy things for my wife, including lingerie, until a few years ago... I still would but am less comfortable I would get what she wants! I think this is an ageing thing! I admit that I have probaby bought things for her that I really wanted to wear, but mostly I bought for her. A few years ago she specifically asked me to buy her some lingerie for Christmas, which I did and she loved it.

I have no problem with buying women's clothes in drab... I have had some really great conversations with SAs over the years!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

I shop with my wife and we make decisions together on clothes as well as all other things that affect our life. I still am a little shy about having conversations in stores about who likes what with reference to Jeannie. In other words if she asks do you want to wear this to, I still get a little flushed and don't want to answer her in the store so I try to get her say things like "do you think Jeannie would like this" and so on. I haven't went out specifically to buy her anything because she's always there and I don't have to, but if she wants me to I will. I have had to buy feminine hygiene products before and the SA's usually just smile or giggle a little because they can see by my ring I am married and most of them are thinking I wish my husband would do this for me. I bought my ex- wife a garter belt (suspenders) and stocking set one time for Valentines day but could only get her to wear it one time. She thought everything like that was sexist, unnecessary and stupid, at least that's what she told me. That is why she is my ex-wife. Sorry didn't mean to carry on like that. It is fun to shop for any female clothing for any reason though. In your case I don't think there is a SA in the world that would not be willing to help you and admire you for doing it. Manliness or not it is the right thing to do for your wife and some men need to understand that buying things for your wife does not instantly turn you into being anything but what you already are. Except of course if you were thinking like all of us do.
    Marilyn Monroe: I don't know who invented high heels, but all women owe him a lot.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    My late wife was a shopper deluxe!! But since she knew that I was a CD she always took me along!! She had decided that I had better taste than she did, and I coiuld always find the bargains!! Between the 2 of us we spent an awful lot of money on feminine clothing of all kinds!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

I know what styles my SO likes, so I regularly shop for her. I am a little more cautious these days, because I sometimes get a massive pink fog and start to buy clothes for her, that I know deep down are dresses, skirts and tops I like and she knows that too and cause problems. But on the whole I love shopping for her and generally she is fine with it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]