Thread: this is utterly amazing.

monkey knife fighter anda_mouse's Avatar

famous musician comes out as transgendered in Rolling stone this month....wow

I'm an avid punk rock music fan and the lead singer for this band who happens to be one of the most important bands of the genre (maybe i am being biased as i love love love against me!) over the last ten years just came out as transgendered. http://www.punknews.org/article/47264 I'm just letting this all sink in for myself. the comments below are mostly supportive and the few people who are trolling are really getting put in their places fairly quickly....maybe the world is more open then we think.

once again here is the link http://www.punknews.org/article/47264
    Last edited by anda_mouse; 05-08-2012 at 10:25 PM.

I can empathize with that. My music roots include quit a bit of punk & alternative rock.
    Even a good punk band from Texas like the Butthole Surfers were crossdressers. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEuKiqnnOPM
    I like their song Who Was In My Room Last Night, and their collaboration with Ministry Jesus Built My Hot Rod, which sounds like the same song, but amped up.

However, coming out as transgender is serious business.

the butthole surfers are a band i've been told for years that i'd love but just havent gotten around to checking out.

Junior Member valeriemonroe2002's Avatar
    I just saw this myself. It is great to see most of the comments are positive. A friend of mine posted the link on Facebook and I was happy that all the comments on his post were very positive.

there have been clues in her lyrics for years.....

There are other rock musicians who are transgender, such as Jethro Tull band member Dee Palmer (formerly David Palmer) who is transsexual.

indeed and i think there was one who was in a hair metal band from the 80s who was as well....but the 80's was before my time.

and now i'm finding out the singer from life of agony is transgendered as well...where have i been?

Now that we're on the topic, here's an article from today's Huffington Post, I've never heard of the band Against Me....I'm old, I've seen the Ramones three times:
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...usaolp00000003
    Last edited by NathalieX66; 05-08-2012 at 11:19 PM.

against me is a really great band i would highly suggest them, seem them three times. but seeing the ramones three times...that's something.