Thread: Going out!

Going out!

I have made a bold step and now will be dressing to go out in public. I will start slow and as I develop confidence and a much more acceptable feminine appearance I will be doing it more and more. I will look upon these experiences as fun and exciting and I will be very into it. I will be attending TG/TS support group meetings en femme and will be seeing my therapist more often en femme. I plan to go to Callen Lorde en femme when I go to my doctor who hopefully will allow me to go on HRT this meeting. I will be so happy! Here I come! It's been a long long wait!

emmi

Best wishes as you start this journey. There wil be difficult days, but remember the feelings that of identity that drive you forward. Remember to keep messaging, there are people who wish to support you.

Jamie

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    You go Girl!!! It has to start sometime, and no time like the present. Just keep yourself active, and dont forget to chat us up a lot. We are all here for you.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Gold Member
    Best of luck; As you change your lifestyle, remember to go slow and with caution.
    Rader

I wish you nothing but the best of luck in your new experiences but in all honesty, I'm troubled by "going out for the first time" being in the same paragraph as "hopefully allowing HRT".

Maybe it's just me but it seems like you are putting the cart before the horse. I would think it'd make more sense to see how you get about the world when presenting as female, particularly how the world treats you and how you respond to such treatment. That would go so far in confirming what you already believe to be, that you are a woman to the core of your being. But HRT is such a huge step that is typically taken as part of a greater goal, transition. But you haven't even put your foot into the water yet to see if it suits you.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Have fun Emmi and watch out for those windy days when you have a skirt on. My mother warned me to always moisturize but she never said anything about a skirt on a windy day, I had to learn that lesson the hard way. Also if you are out in public and your bra strap breaks do not attempt to fix it with a six inch bungee cord because the hooks wil scratch your back, just saying...

You go!

Back in 2007 I had my look and wardrobe together enough to start going out every once in a while. Enjoy!

if going full time just do it it is not that just look your best an ack like a women i know a lot of women that look an ack like men ther is not a thing to worry about just look around how a women dresses this day an age

Silver Member
    Glad to hear you are going to take that step. Let us know how it goes...when are you going to do it?