Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pierced ears?

Pierced ears?

The thread about changing earings makes me wonder how many of us have pierced ears?
    I pierced my laft ear in the early '80's. The saying then was 'left is right, right is wrong!' and have kept it pierced all this time by putting in a ring from time to time.
    Now last year when I decided enough was enough and I was going to do he whole dressing thing, i wanted two pierced ears, not just one. So i pierced the other, worried at first what people would say, after all its not something that is easily hidden. I did it anyway and have not gotten a single comment in the last 9 months i have had it done. I started noticing that many men have pierced ears, some with what I consider the awfull 'gages', where they have streched their earlobes out.
    But just about everywhere you go you will see men of all ages with pierced ears.
    Anyway, how about he rest of you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have both pierced . have never had anyone even give it a second glance

Rachael

Both ears pierced for the last 3+ years. Daughter and son still don't like it. I do and I am the only one in this situation that really counts.

Just clip earrings for me. SO will not allow me to get them pierced.

Several in each ear, from the lobe all the way around. I'm sure that most people notice but very few comment. Of the comments I get most are from women complimenting me.

Both of mine are pierced. I had them done at Claire's. Everybody seems to have pierced ears nowadays. I haven't had a single strange glance or negative comment. It wouldn't matter if they did. I love my pierced ears.

i had mine done in aug of 2010 just one in each ear. only comments i ever really got were teasingly made

I have 3 holes 2 bottom and one upper left. I had them pierced when I was around 15. Earings definitely add the final touches to the complete look.

Aspiring Member
    I have both ears pierced but only ever wear earrings in girl mode now, the holes are so small you can hardly see them.

I had them pierced when I was about 20. I had the left pierced first then the right a few weeks later. I took a load of grief from the older guys at work, but it blew over after a while.

I haven't pierced mine yet. But I am getting really close to having both of mine pierced. I would LOVE to be able to wear earrings, especially without the limited styles you can get in clip on.
    Finally decided on a name! Lindsey

"Let us step into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure."
    J.K. Rowling

I have 3 in each ear as well , always keep at least 2 in each ear ,had them for years, only ever had two comments, one was from a friends daughter who asked ," Why have you 2 earrings in" I replied , " Because I have 2 holes" and the other one was from a Pharmacist who noticed I had 3 studs in my right ear and commented , " You have 3 studs in your right ear" so I turned around and said, " Yes and 3 in the left ear " and she just smiled, and you are right it is very common to see men with their ears pierced now and more with each ear pierced rather than just one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

I have 2 in each ear and one in my nose

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    I had both ears pierced a couple of months or so before starting my RLE - now I'm firm friends with the girls in the piercing studio. They are such great fun.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Mine have been pierced since 2005. I wear studs and small hoops in male mode. Large hoops and dangly ones in girly mode.

I had both ears pierced over a year ago. I wear diamond studs and small hoops with diamonds in male mode and have some 1 3/8" diameter plain gold hoops I have only worn when enfemme.
    Danielle

Both are double pierced and have been for about 8 years.
    Diamond studs in the uppers at all times unless they need cleaning and small hoops in the lowers en drab and anything goes en femme.
    I love my earrings and just wish I hadn't waited almost all my life to get them pierced.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Quote Originally Posted by paulaloha View Post
    I haven't pierced mine yet. But I am getting really close to having both of mine pierced. I would LOVE to be able to wear earrings, especially without the limited styles you can get in clip on.
    Me too! I am a bit worried what people might say if the noticed the hole when in boy mode

I have three holes in each ear and the only comments I have ever had were from women, and they usually say...your ears are pierced. And I reply with, pretty cool isn't it!
    Attached Images Attached Images

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    Hi Jess, I was thinking the same thing last night. I had my left ear pierced (twice actually) since the mid '80s. Last night was my first night out in the real world and I picked up an awesome set of hoop earings, I love the way they look, but now only one ear. I was considering getting the other one pierced but so nervous what people would think. I think you helped my decision. Thanks

I'd love to have both ears (and my belly button) pierced. BUT, my background (and some what related current) occupation prohibits "no identifying marks". No body art (ie unit tattos, or any tattos) at all. The scars are enough to ID me. The "gauges" men put in their ears just grosses me out.
    Dani

Hi Jess... yeah me too. Had my left one done back in the early 80s but want to do the 'set'.. it is my plan this summer to do it (will have some good time away from the office)...
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

I have zero gauge plugs in both ears, they are actually more comfortable that the typical 18 or 20 gauge earrings (they all come in gauges, that's just a measurement of diameter). They aren't awful at all.i also have a 14 gauge labret as you can see in my avatar and a 14 gauge tongue stud that you can't see.
    Last edited by April_Ligeia; 05-12-2012 at 10:39 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

I just got mine done last night . Just wish I did it sooner!
    A prisoner in a kings disguise - Styx

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I so need to get it done.

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    I was just watching a "Holmes on Homes" on television. It is a series about a well known and highly respected building/remoderling contractor, John Holmes.... from Canada I believe. He is very macho, married with 2 kids, and works in the building trade of course.

He also routinely wears diamond studs in both ears!
    So, it has become main stream.

I also worked in a blue collar environment (now retired) and when I go mine pierced almost 10 years ago, no one made any derogatory comments.

BTW, Personally, I could never understand piercing just one ear.
    IMO, if you are going to to pierce one ear, why not just do both?
    Besides, just one earing looks unbalance to me.
    Last edited by Barbara Jo; 05-12-2012 at 03:42 PM.