Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Drab really not your thing?

wishing on a star! Rebecca Star's Avatar

Is Drab really not your thing?

Forgive me if this is in the wrong section.

I like dressing as a guy or when enfemme as Rebecca. I don't view my guy clothes as "Drab". In fact, I like the freedom which being a CD gives me. Then again, I'm definitely not a slacks and a shirt guy for instance - designer jeans etc...etc is me to a T.

I'd be interested to hear others opinions on this topic.

Thanks

Rebecca Star
    ~ it's not how the world sees you but how you see yourself that counts ~
    free professional make-up tips and self help videos | free professional hair styling videos and tips

Male mode could not care less about clothes, but once the panties go on...

Actually There are some times I love male mode too. I own a tux with tails, complete with black silk hand tied bow tie, and relish the chance to wear it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

To tell you the truth, I always feel more laid back or relaxed in my guy clothes. But the only things I wear most of the time is jeans, sweats, and t shirts.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I don't think about my drab clothes with anything like the detail I do with my femme clothes. I have a couple of "guy outfits" for wearing to special events like family parties or going out on wedding anniversary dinners etc but for the most part my drab clothes are actually girls clothes ... but ones that are more unisex in nature, like girls tees and jeans
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

My 'guy' wardrobe consists of one suit, and whatever girls clothes look like guys clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by JackieInPA View Post
    My 'guy' wardrobe consists of one suit, and whatever girls clothes look like guys clothes.
    I have been getting rid of the male clothes as time goes on. I feel very very uncomfortable in them.
    A prisoner in a kings disguise - Styx

Aspiring Member

Mostly Fem

Lately I have purchased mostly Fem clothing. They are pretty but plain jeans and tops but they are Fem. I do have a TON of slacks and shirts left over from my working days so I can use these when the 'male mode' is required. I've considered buying some Fem slacks but I have so many male-Dockers that I can't justify the expenditure.

All in all I prefer the Fem jeans, they fit better since I've lost weight and the tops are more comfortable.

Just my $0.02,
    Sandra1746

Guy clothes don't interest me. Anything creative is either not age-appropriate, horribly overpriced or make me stand out to the point of weirdness. If I were to spend $500 on a suit I would end up looking like every other guy in the room, differing only in which shade of dull blue, dull brown, or black my suit was colored.

A few weeks ago I went to a place where the dress code was coat-and-tie for men, nice dresses for women. I was amused when I realized that the only way I could go into this place was by going en femme, as I no longer own a suit that fits. No problem there!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I have been a jeans and t guy for bopping around and casual gatherings...when I am stepping out I am just a fussy about what I wear, guy or doll!

About 90% of my clothing is female attire, I hope eliminate my entire male stock, maybe in a year or two.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

I noticed this with my CDing friend too! The stuff he wears in public as a guy makes my cringe, he doesn't seem to care he just wants to be comfortable. BUT when he's dressed or talking about womens clothing he's the most fashionable person I know!?

It really is like two sides of a coin, one glamourous and one drab. It sort of surprises that a little of the fashion sense doesn't bleed through to the male side, even a little?

I honestly don't mind dressing either way. Sometimes as Rich I like to wear a suit and tie, as Kate a nice dress but sometimes I cross cross dress and may do both at the same time.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I have bannished most of my male clothes; however, I still have a few pairs of work pants. When I get back from work, off comes the drab and on goes my lounging pants (yoga pants).

Since I've retired, my male wardrobe has shrunk, just because I don't get out that much. But when I do, I still get complements on my outfits, at 68, I would say, I can still style it.
    When I was younger, I was the guy that showed up at gathering dressed in slacks, when everyone is in jeans, and if they where dressed enough to be in slacks, I was most likely in a suit, wow I just realized, I'm not a crossdresser, I just like clothes!
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Gold Member
    Since I am an Officer in my Veterans groups, I still wear a suit and tie a couple times a month
    mainly at meetings and Funerals.
    Like Jess, I have a Tux I was Married in, and used it 4 times in the last 19 years; I love to wear it
    for something real special.
    I wear Female jeans most of the time, with a drab polo shirt, simple and easy to wear.
    I still have a couple pairs of Carpenter Jeans, for doing heave work once in a seldom occasion.
    I have at least 10 skirts, and tops of all different types, and 8 dresses, 3 of witch are considered
    fancy dress, And one Maid's dress for something different.
    We won't count the bra's and panties.
    Rader

Trouble.. Yep thats me Beth Mays's Avatar
    Monday- Friday its Brown/brown and brown socks with brown shoes.. weekends shorts, capris, etc.. dresses and skirts are for "Beth" time..
    I have suits but never wear them unless it is something I really have no choice.. I have 9 Kilts and would say those are the one GUY thing I really love to wear.
    Maximus Decimus Meridius (Gladiator):
    What we do in this life, echoes in eternity..

You can fine me here on Facebook!

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I am a man, and of course have plenty of guy clothes. Like Rebecca I don't think of them as my "drab" clothes because they are not! Sure, I am a crossdresser, but under the satin and lace I am still a male! I own about 5 male suits, 6 pairs of male slacks, 8 sports coats, and 2 tuxes. And I love to wear all of them!! Of course I prefer to wear total feminine apparel, but that is not always possible!! So I do become a guy!! If I had any Kilts I would wear them as often as possible!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Guy mode: Loose, sloppy, unsexy, comfortable.

Girl mode: Tite, sharp, always sexy, uncomfortable.

I have no idea how and/or why, tho?
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 05-13-2012 at 12:22 AM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I have a female wardrobe, and I use it.
    I dress female publically on average 1 to 3 times a month.
    I'm still a guy ,and I like that part of me. I'm just not happy with the constraints of gender. I love both sides of the gender fence....and that's how I prefer to live.
    Last edited by NathalieX66; 05-13-2012 at 12:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Karinsamatha View Post
    I have been getting rid of the male clothes as time goes on. I feel very very uncomfortable in them.
    I am with this trip sister. Changed my male clothes twice before I went out because I just can't wear those man clothes the way I used to. Wearing a new thong though, red, that is working out feels like I have on no undies at all wow.
    Do not like male clothes anymore.
    polythene pam

I love being a guy and when it comes to dressing as one I like to look classy (if you will). My favorite things are hats (specifially fedoras) and button up shirts. My female persona loves heels and skirts. Both are fitting me and I'd like to keep it that way. Although my female persona may end up having way more clothes and shoes than my male persona.
    Finally got to making a facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003854850084

And now on instagram (got sucked into the hype). I go by frenchtoastowls. Yea you read that right!

If you're gonna add me just give me a heads up on who you are
    please

Since most of society frowns on CDing, I'm trying to keep that to a minimum: I'm never in drab unless I have no choice.

Ties? As far as I'm concerned, the only thing a tie is good for is hanging yourself. Wait, I take that back: they can look OK with a schoolgirl's uniform.

Annabelle

As time goesby I like guy clothes less and less. If I am dressed in guy clothes, then it is work clothes, and that means work. Not really my idea of fun anymore. But when Raychel's clothes come out, that means I get a chance to relax, even if only for a short while.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

My "guy wardrobe" consists of my work uniforms (a requirement), one suit coat and a few nice shirts and slacks for special occasions, exercise shorts for the gym, and jeans and t-shirts for every other time I need them.
    Most of the time I'm in women's jeans or slacks, women's shorts, women's t-shirts and women's sneakers or mules.
    For the rest of the time I'm "dressed" it's whatever I feel like wearing, be it capris and a cute top, a dress, or blouse and skirt.

My male wardrobe is a necessity, my female wardrobe is all me.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !