Thread: Getting carded

Getting carded

I've always wanted to just go out to a restaurant or bar and have a drink or to go to the gas station en femme and buy myself a pack of cigarettes... But i look so young that I'm sure I would get asked for my ID...

Had anybody ever been carded while out dressed and had to show their male ID?
    I apologize for the sideways profile pic

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    I have been to a couple of bars that had policies that required them to get ID from everyone no matter how young or old, and even if the person is familiar to the staff. This is not a legal requirement here (but staff do have to be reasonably sure they are not serving underage people), but the police pushed them into it, using the old "If you don't do this, we will assume you have something to hide" argument.

So anyhow, Yes, I've been asked for ID, more than once. It was uncomfortable for me for years, as my only acceptable ID happened to be my work ID and if anything happened I didn't want it to get back to work. The fact that my ID was my male ID did not make me as uncomfortable as it being my work ID. At least not once I realized that I never Passed anyhow. (Eventually I got a more acceptable ID, still in my male name, but at least not work.)

I've never been carded n a bar but I have to show my male id in all the banks I frequent! I'm always dressed in fem when going to banks! Never had a problem! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Be prepared to get your feelings hurt when they look at your picture and say nothing. That's a real buzzkill.

Every now and then someone will say, wow I didn't even know, that's rare enough but the rarest of all is when they don't believe it's you. It's only happened twice to me TWICE.

Ha, about a month before I left for FFS I went with a friend to grab a bottle of Jack for a party. I absent mindedly went to the self check and a little buzzer rang and the attendant came over to check my ID. I whispered to my friend, "oooh watch this" as I handed the young girl my ID. She handed it right back and said "thanks". My friend giggled, and I said "hey, how do you know that's even me?" She looked at me, and said, "it looks like you."

Yep, that is some crapola right there.
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

I had to upon entering a club. It wasn't as bad as I thought. And it's a club anyways so no big deal. I doubt my I.D will me get any "ladies night" discounts anywhere though.
    Finally got to making a facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003854850084

And now on instagram (got sucked into the hype). I go by frenchtoastowls. Yea you read that right!

If you're gonna add me just give me a heads up on who you are
    please

I get asked for my ID all the time when dressed en femme, but unfortunately not for age verification, except for entering some clubs where they check everyone's. They check my ID to see if it matches my credit card name. Never a question or comment made, except for mine when I tell them that I have let my hair grow out.

Platinum Member
    They check my ID to see if it matches my credit card name. Never a question or comment made, except for mine when I tell them that I have let my hair grow out.[/QUOTE]

Hi Allie, That's something that a lot of girls probably didn't see coming at them.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Recently, I've used my Nathalie credit card, and was asked for ID, which I showed my male credit card, which is the same account number, and my driver's license photo which looks like me as Nathalie, and I slipped through the cracks this time. .....the airport is next.

Aspiring Member
    It's no big deal to get carded. Just show it. There's been a few times where I thought someone just wanted a look at the picture, but whatever. Just show it, it's not like alarms will start blaring TRANNY ALERT TRANNY ALERT!!!

My standard operating procedure is to show my ID and give a big smile (Kinda like the one <----- thataway). Most of the time they'll smile back and say nothing but "thank you" but a woman at Penneys told me a few weeks back, "Wow, you look great!" My feelings were sooooo hurt.

Oh...and don't screw with fake cards like a friend of mine does - a real live grownup if you can believe that. That's asking for trouble. The lengths people go through for no reason at all...

I've been carded many times. I just say it is an old picture. No one seems to really care.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Gold Member
    It is a local Ordnance in my town that every one must show ID for alcohol purchase.
    Now I am 65 years old, and must show an ID to buy a bottle of wine I got for
    a Mothers day dinner I was making. I told the check out girl, this makes me feel
    a whole lot younger. we both laughed at it, as she was about my age also.
    Rader

Gold Member
    I have pulled mine out enough to have long lost track and I have only been getting out for a few years. For all but one, they said thank you and that was it. The one was a cashier where I bought a pack of cigarettes for my wife. I held out the ID and she looked and I think she locked up. After about 20 seconds I said "yes that is me" and then she came to and finished. One thing I did was change my ID to a hair down picture (I have long hair) so it is somewhat between my two looks.

I have had to show my ID on lots of occasions. Most recently, at Claire's while buying a pair of earrings and the clerk needed to verify it was my credit card. In this case, the interaction was affirming. I said something along the lines of "I assume you could tell when I walked in and you helped me" (meaning she could tell I was a CD). She swore that she couldn't tell. Lately, I have had several people ask me for my real ID when I give them my drivers license. They don't believe it is me. I have had this happen several times checking into hotels and renting cars. Of course the airport is fun. Once I freaked out a new TSA agent. He went through checking all of the typed material (name, destination, etc). Then I saw him look up from the picture to me and back a few times. He called over another agent and asked what to do. I eventually end up with the supervisor who just told me I needed to update my photo after I told him I was TG.

The bottom line in all of these stories is that I never had a problem. People accepted me and treated me with respect.

Leann
    Leann

Enjoy who you are but stay safe.

if getting carded wear a worry for me i think i would try and stick to more socailly accepting clubs bars restraunts etc... but being 18 its not a problem to me so yeah.

Few years ago a couple of states had bills on the floor to created a CD/TG Id Card, but it was like in the news one night and the next you never heard any more about it, so I don't know what ever became of the bills whether they were shot down or stalled on the floor.