Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guys will be girls

Guys will be girls

Carrie Underwood is having a concert in Springfield Missouri! KTTS radio station has a concert contest going for guys only! Rules; you must dress as a girl! Shave legs ect! Winner gets front roll seats and back stage passes! Oh what fun that can be! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Did not realize Carrie was into that. More power to her. If the radio station does it for her concert, she endorses it by proxy. You go girl.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Trouble.. Yep thats me Beth Mays's Avatar
    would be a fun concert!
    Maximus Decimus Meridius (Gladiator):
    What we do in this life, echoes in eternity..

You can fine me here on Facebook!

I sure like that news Cynthia. I wonder how many new CD'ers will emerge?lol.

Carrie may be on to something.

Addicted To Lipstick donnatracey's Avatar
    My new fav country singer!...............

Everyone sign up! The best Carrie Underwood lookalike wins!
    http://www.ktts.com/events/promotions/150637655.html
    My name is Carol.

Quote Originally Posted by Julogden View Post
    Wow! That is so cool!

Cool. That's what CDing should be about...just plain fun. I think Carrie would be out of my league, but I did do a pretty convincing Joan Jett one year!
    Chickie

sounds like a great challenge
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

According to the KTTS website:

"...If your man is the best Carrie Underwood...you will win a pair of FRONT ROW tickets to Carrie's show at JQH Arena on October 28th PLUS backstage passes to meet Carrie! Runner up contestants will also walk away with a pair of tickets to the show...!"

Nothing like getting the SO's involved demanding that their husbands, boyfriends etc. go all out to dress up as Carrie so that they can win a pair of those coveted front row tickets for the two of them! We should all be so lucky...

I went on the web site and it is at the radio station between 6:30am and 8:30am, on May 18th. I hope that they post all of the pictures! Such fun. We need to petition our local radio stations to do the same.
    How cool to meet her dressed like her
    Any girls on here that can get to the station?

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca W. View Post
    I went on the web site and it is at the radio station between 6:30am and 8:30am, on May 18th. I hope that they post all of the pictures! Such fun. We need to petition our local radio stations to do the same.
    Yes, we need a full report -- way cool. Let's hope this catches on!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Hey, it sounds like neat fun and all that but don't think for a second that this is anything but a radio prank. Read "radio station between 6:30 a.m. & 8:30 a.m." as being equal to "morning show hi-jinx" which certainly will be at the expense of the participants...all in good fun of course, right?!?!

I doubt it was even Carrie's idea.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Hmmm - good point Jessica....

I wonder if Howard Stern has anything to do with this, given that this is exactly his kind of shtick, not to mention his well-known penchant for crossdressing?

Platinum Member
    Interesting that a C&W entertainer is promoting CDing. So being the "best Carrie Underwood" is the goal. If that's the case, the winner will be a CDr that is totally busted...or may find a whole new life style awaits!
    Last edited by kimdl93; 05-17-2012 at 12:32 PM. Reason: added thought

They did that in Boston awhile back with "dress like a diva". The catch was that they awarded tickets an hour before the show so the poor guy had to sit thru the whole concert like that!
    Sally

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    It will be very interesting to see what level of interest this attracts. I'm guessing there is at least one, nearly professional female impersonator in the area who will win, hands down, and a lot of poorly done guys will be very uncomfortable. Post links if there are photos available after the concert.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Julogden View Post
    Thanks, Carol! Before I read that, it sounded like it was to be karaoke contest! With Underwood's records being the only choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Sally24 View Post
    They did that in Boston awhile back with "dress like a diva". The catch was that they awarded tickets an hour before the show so the poor guy had to sit thru the whole concert like that!
    Does THAT sound like punishment to u, Sally? I guess it depends on far u'd go to win!? Personally, I mite not mind staying dressed thru the show! But, if not, while it may take me hours to dress, I can get it all off in 10 minutes, max! How long does it take u?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

The last couple of years, Mix 104.1 in Boston has had a contest: Dress like a Lady, to Play with Tom Brady.

This was not Carrie's idea! She does know about it though! The report I got from the radio station ''with a grin she's holding comments till a later date''! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

I saw a bit of it on the news this morning. They interviewed a few of the "girls". Unfortunatly I didn't see the one "girl" who was standing in the background, who to me looked the best. The one they did interview did put some effort into their look, but they were a far cry from Carrie looks.
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

Click here for photos of the contestants.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

Aspiring Member
    Theres no way I could look like Carrie Underwood but I will be going to see her perform in St.Loius

It looks like the contestants had lots of fun and I will work on convincing my local station to do the same. If we all spread the idea to our respective stations it will help to put us girls into the public eye more often. The girl in frame #14 is really cute and I hope that she won the grand prize. From what I read, they all won tickets to the concert so cool.

That was so cool! Looks like a couple of the girls have had some "practice" though. Looks like they all had fun.