Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feel so good today - does your CDing relieve stress?

Aspiring Member

Yes

Even though I am retired I do find dressing en-fem to be very relaxing.

Hugs,
    Sandra1746

Banned Read only
    OH YES! Complete release of happiness to put on some heels, hose and a dress as well as some other accents. I love the feel of dressing up it's such a release. I just walk around the house or watch tv while dressed en fem. Now if I could experience it out on the town...My heart my explode from excitement.

100% hehe it makes me feel as if im a new person i agree with stephanie47 on that
    Last edited by Deidre; 05-18-2012 at 02:48 AM.

yes it is very relaxing especially after a tough day at office. when i dress up in our traditional dress of saree, blouse with the underskirt, panty and bra and start doing the house work including cooking, it completely relieves me of all the stress and makes me relaxed and happy

I suppose, if I think about it - yes, it is a definite stress reliever. It's a form of escape from the everyday.

Of course it does bring it's own stresses ... is my hair right? is my makeup right? does this top match my skirt? is my cleavage right or did it slip again? will one of the kids come home from school early?
    Andrea
    One body, two spirits

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile....00001834525065
    Feel free to send me a FaceBook friend request.

Everything is not what it seems
    When you can get all you wanted in your wildest dreams
    You might run into trouble if you go to extremes
    Because everything is not what it seems

Absolutely. In fact I can feel the stress building if I go too long without dressing up and seeing Rita again.

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    I also am retired, so work stress is not a problem, but just the stress buildup from not dressing is wonderfully relieved when I can put on the dress or skirt, and more. Then the stress builds up again, and i now want to go out after I dress, and this now needs relieving so it is a two edged sword now, stress to dress, and stress to travel. I suppose there is a third level, to take the outings to an even higher level, but am concentrating on just the going out stress right now, and the relief is so so satisfying. JUST DO IT!

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

I find that it's a huge stress reliever. I'm lucky enough to be able to work from home occasionally and those are always my favorite days of the week!

For me it's more of a different frame of mind I am in when dressed. I am more comfortable, and at ease. From that perspective it can be a stress reliever.

you are 100%correct.

I think stress relief is a by-product of crossdressing, not a primary reason to do it. If you aren't already a crossdresser, you wouldn't say to yourself "I'm stressed - I think I'll crossdress for relief." If all your reasons for being stressed were suddenly removed, would you quit crossdressing?

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    I think stress relief is a by-product of crossdressing, not a primary reason to do it. If you aren't already a crossdresser, you wouldn't say to yourself "I'm stressed - I think I'll crossdress for relief." If all your reasons for being stressed were suddenly removed, would you quit crossdressing?
    Nicely stated! Give the girl a prize.

I find that it relieves stress but also induces a different sort of stress! I feel naturally happier dressed, but dressing creates all sorts of stresses and tensions that I sometimes wish I didn't have...
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

It's not what got me into dressing, but it is what keeps me doing it. when you have a life as "colerful" as mine. you need to something to help you deal with it. when i'm dressed, i'm Sandy. a girl who loves thigh highs and cuddling with someone special. when i can't dress, coming to this site is a suitable subsitute. i don't know what i would do with out dressing, or this site.

When I started crossdressing, it was was for the look and the sensation of being dressed as a girl. Now it also relieves stress as I am now in my Rebecca mode. I take comfort in the softness and the way womens clothes gently hug my body. So soothing and so relaxing and the crazy world just melts away for me. Sure beats medication or intoxication. Would you go to jail while under the influence of being a crossdresser?

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    I would have to agree with this statement as well. It sure does change my whole mindset, It does take my mind off all the other issues in my life. But I think stress relief is mor eif a by-product as well.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Since I retired years ago, and dress pretty much at will these days stress had not been a factor I've thought about much in years, but recently both the wire and I have been going through some medical things that have brought on a lot of stress. I even had a rash from it I think, well we had been busy with doctors and such, with no time for myself, and filled with worry about the both of us. I finally found a day or two with out doctor apponitments, and was in a dress as soon as i got out of bed, after two days dressed, I've settled down, the rash is going away, and the wife says I'm a lot calmer. If she says it's a stress reliver, I have to belive it, I'm just not sure which one of us gets the most relief.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Banned Read only
    I have also for years have found it to be a great way to releive stress as well. And not being able to become Tara most times really does build up my anxieties. As someone said above, that the stress releif aspect of it it a by-product of the dressing but not the reason for doing it though. I have a tough job with a lot of stress and my marriage has it's ups and downs as well, so for me, it is stress from the time I get out of bed till I get back in the bed at night. I need that fix real badly right now, I know I would be so much calmer.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Hi Rebecca,

I had the very same pink fog last night. Put on my make-up, got dressed, had a couple of JD and Cokes and next thing, I had all my hangers out trying on my tops.
    Once in that mind set, I can't resist the camera and was up until 3 this morning. My eyes are feeling the effects now as I only had 4 or so hours before I had to get up. Glory.....I wouldn't change this at all

Rebecca x
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

It doesn't get rid of stress at all for me. When I'm stressed, the last thing on my mind is making myself pretty. Often when I put work into my appearance, I'm already in a good and confident mood.

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    For me, it's the exact opposite of most here. I also only "dress" when I have no stress.
    However, I do wear panties 24/7.

Stress is one of the main motivational factors in my dressing.
    INFACT - My GF asked me tonight "are you dressing tonight?"
    (Ive recently been pissed off with not being able to get my minecraft server up and running, and Ive been pouring over it for weeks)
    I replied "Well I hadn't considered it", because I hadn't, her reply came
    "Well you know you usually calm down when you're dressed, you spot things that were otherwise right in you face"

My girl knows who I am when dressed better than I do.
    (I sorted it in drab, but thats not the point.)

Being dressed DOES calm me down.
    I cant really say much more.
    Samantha -x-

Miriam
    It does help me to relieve stress, as long as I don't get too focused on the dressing up. Just a simple dress with little or no makeup, or even a nightgown. Some earrings, and maybe a wig. May not look like much, but it feels great. Hard to do when the teenager is around, but otherwise it's great.

Miriam