Thread: Do you believe in yourself?

Do you believe in yourself?

I was thinking about this yesterday. We either believe in ourselves and who we are or we don't. This is also true with relation to our TG and or CD status. Isn't this a part of us? Doesn't this really make us who we are? Once I realized it was part and parcel of who I was , I basically took the "money" and ran with it. No matter what we do in life believing in ourselves is a key element for success. It requires being honest with ourselves, however, and is not for the faint of heart.

After much self doubt over the years, I've come to trust myself, my abilities and my intuition. If I don't do this my destiny is open to be guided by others for their own agendas and purposes.What this basically means is I accept my feelings and take responsibility for my choices.A self directed person can do no less and believes in themselves win, lose or draw.In any case I believe in myself and have the confidence I can accomplish whatever I need to How do you all feel in this regard?
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I just Love being a Gurl! bobbimo's Avatar
    I like to think I can do anything!
    So yes, I do believe in myself. And since I have been dressing with my wife for over a year, I KNOW I have it all.
    Bobbi hasnt been out in the real world yet but I look at this as the last present under the tree that's not open. The excitement continues to build.
    Aint nothin gonna happen that aint supposed too!

Quote Originally Posted by Kate Simmons View Post
    I was thinking about this yesterday. We either believe in ourselves and who we are or we don't. This is also true with relation to our TG and or CD status. Isn't this a part of us? Doesn't this really make us who we are? Once I realized it was part and parcel of who I was , I basically took the "money" and ran with it. No matter what we do in life believing in ourselves is a key element for success. It requires being honest with ourselves, however, and is not for the faint of heart.

After much self doubt over the years, I've come to trust myself, my abilities and my intuition. If I don't do this my destiny is open to be guided by others for their own agendas and purposes.What this basically means is I accept my feelings and take responsibility for my choices.A self directed person can do no less and believes in themselves win, lose or draw.In any case I believe in myself and have the confidence I can accomplish whatever I need to How do you all feel in this regard?
    Kate this is why I like reading your post. I would love to have that sort of self confidence; but my reality is sometimes I do, sometimes I don't .
    I keep hearing Yoda in the back of my head saying . 'There is do, or do not. There is no Try!' lol

Kate we have choices. Early on I beat myself over the head trying to fit into the sterotypical male role I was taught to do. I think many of the older girls here did the same since information on being TG was non existant. Decades later I'm allowing myself to enjoy being transgendered. I have found happiness now, the internal struggles are just not worth it. My advice to people struggling with this is to just accept it and go with it. If you need help get a gender therapist, we are what we are. Stop beating yourself up over it.

Great post BTW.

Banned Read only
    Born in Quebec, lived most of life in small town Central Ontario.
    I am not sure I like myself, so that will impact how I believe in myself.

Do I believe I am actually Lesley?

Well I have experienced quite a bit I don't mind saying. Leslie tells me if he had not had fybromyalgia tear him apart and kill off large swaths of his original life, odds are he'd be a divorced self centered asshole. Leslie lost a lot of bad things along with a lot of good things.

I do and I don't, it depends on if I'm placing reasonable or unreasonable expectations on myself.

In childhood others decide for us our opinions and belief in ourselves, adulthood is learning whether we were lied to or not and in what ways.

We live between life and death, what we do with this awareness largely determines how we live. When we walk into this awareness by letting go of our fear of it we walk one path. When we run from this awareness into illusion and self deception we walk another path. One path comes from humility (absence of ego) the other from being egocentric.

When we are egocentric we demand that the universe revolves around and serves us,

When we move beyond demanding that life serves us and we realize we have been created to serve the universe than we leave our ego behind and become immortal by no longer trying to be.

I believe in myself because I no longer have a need to, I have moved beyond the concept of self and experience myself as an infinitesimally small part of a much larger consciousness.

I recognize my place in the universe because I have let go of the need to be important to sustain the illusion of immortality in reaction to my awareness of my mortality that the survival instinct demands that I fear.

I have self confidence. I don't always believe in it and sometimes I second guess it but so far when I need to do something I can do it. When I am out and dressed I have more confidence but still question my appearance. But I am more gregarious for sure. I always say I would rather regret trying something than regret not trying it so I jump in usually
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    I do believe in myself, I may not be anywhere close to perfect or normal, but I am the person I was always meant to be. In male mode specifically I may get a lot of crap, insults, put downs, and lead an overall demoralzing existence.

However I would not change anything in either male mode or fem mode. I would not trade who I am to be anyone else, in girl mode and while slowly taking over male mode "I am Jocelyn Quivers," and "I am Somebody!!" "Word"
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

Miriam
    I have always had a great deal of self-confidence that I could solve any problem, though I've gained an appreciation for my limits as I've matured. I've had less confidence in social settings, but do pretty well - just not as much a butterfly as some. And over the last three years, with the support of my wife, I've gained confidence in myself as a crossdresser, though I expect that to continue to mature as well.

I hope I'll never stop learning, or stop gaining confidence in my ability to handle different situations. That's all part of growing up, even now that I'm well into middle age.

Miriam
    Last edited by Miriam-J; 05-24-2012 at 03:15 PM.

Well said Miriam.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Confidence will make success much easier in any task that we undertake, so it has been for me in my CD life.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud