Thread: Sadie Hawkins Dance

Sadie Hawkins Dance

When I was a teen, just after my 16th birthday as a matter of, I moved nearly two counties away to a "new school". When time came for the Sadie Hawkins dance many of the guys were going dressed as girls. I thought this would be wonderful for a young teen crossdresser.
    I actually did my makeup, hair, nails, shaved legs etc....
    My friend and I actually had to show our ID to the VP because he thought we were girls from another school trying to sneak in....that night kind of sealed my fate as being "abnormal" to most of my classmates.
    Did any of you "dress" for Sadies? How did it go? Did you have any confidants as a teen who knew you dressed?
    Jus' tryin' to send and understanding your way.

We never had anything like that here in NJ. I wish they had, it would have been nice to dress up at that age and have it be accepted, even if it was only as a costume.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I'm going to show my age here, Khelee. Back in my high school days, Sadie Hawkins meant the girls were supposed to ask the boys to the dance, nothing more. Everyone was pretty homophobic back then. I can't remember any guy ever appearing anywhere in anything other than simple guy things! And, even most of the girls wore little or no make up! Except to proms or important evening dates.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Doc we must be around the same age, or things didn't change that much from my time in school to yours.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

I am in the same boat with Doc and Tina. Sadie Hawkins just meant the girls asked the boys.

We're all showing our age by remembering Sadie Hawkins. How about Lil Abner and the rest of the crew? And no, I don't recall any of my schools having Sadie Hawkins dances.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

I'm not old enough to remember anything like that but I know the concept girls ask boys, I wish that would happen, my confidence level for dances was flatter that a potato that fell of a truck and hit your windshield, my first one I got turned down by the only girl I can still look at and just feel the rush of I still want that to be mine after being turned down. My second my only intentional girlfriend broke up with me, I think because when she looked at me I was looking around and I guess she took that as me looking at other girls but I swear I just have no focus and often stare off into the distance, I tried to go to others but can't dance and hated being alone.
    Anyway sad sack story over, if I could dress for a dance like that and not be recognized I would be the happiest person this side of the Hudson, oh how great that would have been, lucky you though.

Sadie Hawkins day here was as described as above, the girls asked the guys out to the dance but I do recall a given day that the guys dressed femme and the girls butch.....never took part in it (which I had now lol) but I can't seem to remember what that event was called. Must be the CRS I suffer from lol
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

I've heard of them but never been to one Hon. If what I reckon is correct though during Sadie Hawkins's time the girls actually chase after the guys. That would be fun and a real hoot in my estimation.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning